Screw You, 2016

Disk98

Sod's Law indeed "it always goes wrong with the worst possible outcome." Murphy was a lot less cynical, ha trying to joke here....not working.

I said good ridance (too soon obviously) to 2015 after losing my MIL suddenly in July then my mother was hospitalized on Dec 30th 2015 and 2016 ushered in more hospitalizations, leave of absence to care for her only to lose her in June 2016. The presidential campaign made me sick to my stomach and the results are TBD but prognosis is not great. Looking back on all the deaths of artists this year makes it seem like we are reaching a turning point..so sad to lose so many. Keeping my fingers crossed for Carrie too.

After Aikenrooster and Lorraine's situations, it makes me feel worse, it has been a shitty year. I won't make the same mistake of saying next will be better just so I don't jinx things. All I can hope for is some personal sense of peace for everyone in whatever way works for them. :hug2:

I just re-read my quote from Babylon 5 and it applies all too well : You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Marcus Cole (i.e J. Michael Straczynski)

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Dad died in January.

Dog had to be put down in September.

Wife died in September.

Had to get rid of other dogs due to losing wife.

Pickup truck blew head gaskets and fuel injectors also had to be replaced.

Carolina loses to Clemson in one of the worst beatdowns ever, after I get tickets to go for the first time in my life.

Yeah, bot a good year, but one which will never be forgotten.

Oh my Lord, I'm so sorry... :hug2:

• Like 1

I think media has outgrown it's britches.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Hula%20banana.gif

Well shit....RIP Ricky Harris, comedian and actor. Here he is opposite Al Pacino in one of my fave films, Heat:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Y7n9Zyreifo/VFEUYUgBPeI/AAAAAAAAe_g/Mwgek0pUX00/s1600/heat%2B21.jpg

Dad died in January.

Wife died in September.

Carolina loses to Clemson in one of the worst beatdowns ever, after I get tickets to go for the first time in my life.

So sorry, that was quite a list. Hope you have others to lean on, God Bless you :hug2:

Yes, and a lot of support has come from posters in here, whom I've never met in real life, over in SOCN.

In real life, the support has come from family members with whom I haven't had much of a relationship with in life. I've been trucking for 18 years and simply never had their phone numbers, etc. When dad died, in January, I made a vow to rekindle these familial bonds, and it's those very people who have been most caring and kind to me since my wife has passed away. Plus, her family has always been there for us, and continues to be there for me. I spend most of my home time at someone else's house, and I only go home to wash clothes and shower. Literally, I watch like 1 hour of Netflix, per week, at my house.

I know one thing, and I know it beyond a shadow of a doubt: I won the lottery. The best woman on this planet loved me and married me. I'll never find someone who I have such compatibility with as I did with Barbara. I was one lucky and undeserving son of a bitch and I didn't fully realize it. I did my very best to provide for her and she never had to work and she did what she wanted to every day so I have no regrets. I never cheated on my wife and I don't plan on looking for a girlfriend any time soon, because I don't think anyone else can measure up. No offense meant to any of the ladies on here. Lol.

• Like 2

2016 treated me poorly in many different ways and life areas; all at the same time.

My heart was broken in between August and December.

:(

And I couldn't do much except taking little steps.

My life hasn't changed for better yet.

To complete the list, appreciated artists passed away this year.

I wanted 2016 to end since May. Really.

I've got news for you people lamenting the celebrity deaths, it only gets worse as we go on. They are getting older (as are we) and people die. It's what we do.

I truly have empathy for you folks that have had personal tragedies or struggles. Sometimes life is tough, but for almost all of us, it gets better. Live in the moment and be as positive as you can.

1b643d67fd8be854fd62e1587a7d2f3a.jpg

• Like 2

I've got news for you people lamenting the celebrity deaths, it only gets worse as we go on. They are getting older (as are we) and people die. It's what we do.

I truly have empathy for you folks that have had personal tragedies or struggles. Sometimes life is tough, but for almost all of us, it gets better. Live in the moment and be as positive as you can.

1b643d67fd8be854fd62e1587a7d2f3a.jpg

Hey, weren't you the TRFer that once had a Nazi t**t as an avatar and was surprised when some were offended?

• Like 1

Dad died in January.

Wife died in September.

Tough, tough year, man. A lot tougher than everyone getting "upset" because a lot of celebrities died. Hang in there.
  • Like 1

Approximately 25 hours left (EST) of this colossal year of pain and bullshite!. Hang in there everyone - 2016 is almost over.
  • Like 1

Dad died in January.

Wife died in September.

So sorry, that was quite a list. Hope you have others to lean on, God Bless you :hug2:

Yes, and a lot of support has come from posters in here, whom I've never met in real life, over in SOCN.

In real life, the support has come from family members with whom I haven't had much of a relationship with in life. I've been trucking for 18 years and simply never had their phone numbers, etc. When dad died, in January, I made a vow to rekindle these familial bonds, and it's those very people who have been most caring and kind to me since my wife has passed away. Plus, her family has always been there for us, and continues to be there for me. I spend most of my home time at someone else's house, and I only go home to wash clothes and shower. Literally, I watch like 1 hour of Netflix, per week, at my house.

I know one thing, and I know it beyond a shadow of a doubt: I won the lottery. The best woman on this planet loved me and married me. I'll never find someone who I have such compatibility with as I did with Barbara. I was one lucky and undeserving son of a bitch and I didn't fully realize it. I did my very best to provide for her and she never had to work and she did what she wanted to every day so I have no regrets. I never cheated on my wife and I don't plan on looking for a girlfriend any time soon, because I don't think anyone else can measure up. No offense meant to any of the ladies on here. Lol.

I can relate to a lot of what you have written here. So sorry to hear you lost your wife, too.

No, 2016 is not a year that I will look back on with much fondness.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/100973-for-my-dear-wife/

• Like 1