The Rush Forum's TOP 500 MOVIES

Lucas

Another reason for not bothering: as soon as you see a film in the list that you despise or feel is way overrated or over-celebrated, it completely derails the whole process and renders the list null and void and further participation is extremely hard to pursue.

Was it the Adam Sandler? That's what did it for me.

Nah for me it was Dumb and Dumber at number three, from a guy who mocks music fans who love Bon Jovi haha

Dumb and Dumber is good at what it does, Bon Jovi is not.

I think that film is woefully unfunny. But to each their own!

If that's the case, you wouldn't know funny if it bit you in the ass.

The Bears are funny this year. :clap:

If you are a Packer fan they are. I'm just looking forward to seeing how early of a draft pick we are going to.

Another reason for not bothering: as soon as you see a film in the list that you despise or feel is way overrated or over-celebrated, it completely derails the whole process and renders the list null and void and further participation is extremely hard to pursue.

Well when you've got Dumb and Dumber in 3rd place can you really take it seriously anymore? :huh: And then I find Tom Hanks to be the most overrated actor of all time so anything with him in is going to torpedo the list as well. And that's just mentioning a couple.

It's the third movie mentioned on the list, not the third best movie on the list.

And I don't apologize for liking a movie that makes me laugh and continues to entertain me after multiple viewings.

Weeeeellllllll...I don't mind ribbing someone who can get a little pompous with their music opinions. You get what you give!

I would say though, regarding Adam Sandler, Funny People and The Wedding Singer deserve two spots.

You think I'm pompous because Bon Jovi sucks?

Yaaassss

But you do talk quite often like your word is sacred.

Which makes your first movie choice really sweet to see!

Don't you have some scarves or something to wash?
  • Like 1

Nah for me it was Dumb and Dumber at number three, from a guy who mocks music fans who love Bon Jovi haha

If that's the case, you wouldn't know funny if it bit you in the ass.

The Bears are funny this year. :clap:

If you are a Packer fan they are. I'm just looking forward to seeing how early of a draft pick we are going to.

I dunno they made me laugh the other week on Thursday Night football. :d13:

That is a brilliant comedy. Dumb and Dumber is funnier than hell! Bon Jovi sucks unless you're a 40 year old soccer mom reliving her glory days.

Or a dope called Segue Myles. :LOL:

So true!

26.) Braveheart (ILSnwdog)

In my humble opinion, one of the three greatest movies ever made, along with Saving Private Ryan and Airplane!

Your humility makes perfect sense.

26.) Braveheart (ILSnwdog)

In my humble opinion, one of the three greatest movies ever made, along with Saving Private Ryan and Airplane!

Your humility makes perfect sense.

That's why I added the humble before opinion. :)
  • Like 1

Well when you've got Dumb and Dumber in 3rd place can you really take it seriously anymore? :huh: And then I find Tom Hanks to be the most overrated actor of all time so anything with him in is going to torpedo the list as well. And that's just mentioning a couple.

It's the third movie mentioned on the list, not the third best movie on the list.

And I don't apologize for liking a movie that makes me laugh and continues to entertain me after multiple viewings.

Weeeeellllllll...I don't mind ribbing someone who can get a little pompous with their music opinions. You get what you give!

I would say though, regarding Adam Sandler, Funny People and The Wedding Singer deserve two spots.

Yaaassss

Funnily enough I just put several in my wash basket.

Thanks for asking!

Yaaassss

Thanks for asking!

So if they weren't in your wash basket before where were they? Scattered all over the floor?? A scarf mountain?

• Like 1

Yaaassss

Thanks for asking!

So if they weren't in your wash basket before where were they? Scattered all over the floor?? A scarf mountain?

Yes!

I have more than my wardrobe and drawers can handle. But that also goes for the number of hats, jackets, coats and various accessories...so little room!

Plus over thirty pairs of shoes. And I am a UK size 12/13.

Yaaassss

Thanks for asking!

Yes!

I have more than my wardrobe and drawers can handle. But that also goes for the number of hats, jackets, coats and various accessories...so little room!

Now we've found Bigfoot!!

• Like 1

Yaaassss

Thanks for asking!

Yes!

Now we've found Bigfoot!!

And he's overdressed with an annoying quiff and a douchebag grin!

I do too, hate that movie, in fact- but the point of this list is participant compilation. It's just good fun.

• Like 1

You may as well go ahead and put the Hot Tub Time Machine in there if you're going to put Dumb and Dumber in there.

Young Guns 2 is better. More Jovi.

• Like 1

You may as well go ahead and put the Hot Tub Time Machine in there if you're going to put Dumb and Dumber in there.

With just the first 10, I wouldn't disagree with 6 if it were an actual "Top" list. Of the remaining 4, 2 I haven't seen & the other 2 just aren't good.

Hey, Jon Jovi gets gunned down in Young Guns 2! (You probably knew that and mourned yeah?) ;)

And yes YG2 >>>>>>> Dumb & Jim Carrey

:yes:

With just the first 10, I wouldn't disagree with 6 if it were an actual "Top" list. Of the remaining 4, 2 I haven't seen & the other 2 just aren't good.

Schindler is one of the good ones, right?

And if you haven't seen it I judge you hard haha

• Like 1

Hey, Jon Jovi gets gunned down in Young Guns 2! (You probably knew that and mourned yeah?) ;)

And yes YG2 >>>>>>> Dumb & Jim Carrey

:yes:

I've worn black in mourning ever since.

• Like 1

:LOL:

Schindler's List might be the best movie I've ever seen just once. A+. Perfect 10. Ralph Fiennes!

• Like 1

Schindler's List might be the best movie I've ever seen just once. A+. Perfect 10. Ralph Fiennes!

Yes agreed! One of the best performances Voldemort ever gave!

I've seem it around two dozen times. My all time favourite movie (followed closely by The Lion King, Gone With The Wind and Brief Encounter).

I've got to admit I find that film boring as hell.

• Like 1

NOOOOOO!

Well...I want to know what films you like.

Another thread, perhaps?

• Like 1

NOOOOOO!

Well...I want to know what films you like.

Another thread, perhaps?

I was thinking the same thing. This is what I was talking about with Lucas right before he started this thread. I thought a thread along the lines of "10 Movies You Must See Before You Die".

No ties. ONLY 10. And they aren't necessarily your favorite 10. Some probably would be of course. Perhaps I'll start that in a few mins.

1) 2001: A Space Odyssey ( Lucas )

2) Three Colors Trilogy: Blue, White and Red, by Krzysztof Kieslowski. ( Rhyv )

3) Dumb and Dumber (ReRushed)

4) Schindler's List (Segue Myles)

5) Saving Private Ryan (Bigbobby10)

6) Billy Madison (Super25Smasher)

7) Jurassic Park (Ken Jennings)

8) The Godfather (thesweetscience)

9) Blue Velvet (vaportrailer)

10) Full Metal Jacket (NS 2112)

11) Ben-Hur (1959) (Lorraine)

12) Goodfellas (1990) (blueschica)

13) Chinatown (ReRushed)

Fantastic film-noir. Great plot and plot twists. Nicholson at his best. One of the best movies of the 1970s. There's only one drawback...

I love that movie. The best of the best in that one.