Do you think....

Lorraine

Would anyone like to pay to shake my hand and snap a pic with me?

Yes.

Here is 10 pence.

I expect change.

• Like 1

This type of response is why I'm not a fan of the analogy goose made. There are a finite amount of apples in earth.

:eh: They grow every year...and more than they can sell or we can even eat. You just have to know where to get them. Now, if you want a certain variety at a certain time of year, you'll need to pay. Same with music, If you want a certain song or album in a certain format, with all the artwork, you'll have to pay.

What are the parameters of "loyalty"?

I'm probably still going to say 'no' regardless of the definition.

If you watch Time Stand Still, that's the kind of loyalty I'm talking about.

Some of the fans in the film are quite disturbing to me. I don't get that level of fandom at all. I have been a fan of Rush nearly 40 years but I'm not going to cry because they retired. The dude in the basement with all the mag clippings and memorabilia needs to get a grip.

I can't wrap my brain around it. The film had too much of that over the top nonsense which is why I have no desire to own the film. I liked the film in a sense but have no desire to view it again.

Plenty of Rush fans love the band in a sane and rational way. Its a great band, but its not life and its not a religion.

Just this guys point of view...

Oh man. I haven't seen it yet, but the wife ordered it for me as a Christmas gift. Your comments, along with others about fans crying, makes me think I'm in for a cringe fest.

Well I just finished watching it. Yeah, I don't have a lot in common with some of those fans. I can't believe anyone would cry from watching the movie.

Some of the fans in the film are quite disturbing to me. I don't get that level of fandom at all. I have been a fan of Rush nearly 40 years but I'm not going to cry because they retired. The dude in the basement with all the mag clippings and memorabilia needs to get a grip.

I can't wrap my brain around it. The film had too much of that over the top nonsense which is why I have no desire to own the film. I liked the film in a sense but have no desire to view it again.

Plenty of Rush fans love the band in a sane and rational way. Its a great band, but its not life and its not a religion.

Oh man. I haven't seen it yet, but the wife ordered it for me as a Christmas gift. Your comments, along with others about fans crying, makes me think I'm in for a cringe fest.

Well I just finished watching it. Yeah, I don't have a lot in common with some of those fans. I can't believe anyone would cry from watching the movie.

I still haven't seen it but a lot of TRFers admitted to crying.

• Like 1

I still haven't seen it but a lot of TRFers admitted to crying.

I saw it and am a lifelong fan. It did not affect me at all. I guess because in my heart I knew before R40 started I came to peace with this was it.

I honestly felt the movie could have been made better. The skipping of 4 shows here and 4 shows there, was sort of a letdown.

Subject matter was mentioned POST tour as opposed to DURING the tour which was what I was expecting.

This was a 90 minute recap with video clips as opposed to a Tour documentary

No crying

Before the Internet Age, I definitely knew a few hardcore Rush fans, mostly met at school, although a lot of my musician peers loved them too.

That said.... I don't know if this kind of loyalty will become a thing of the past with newer artists... guess we'll see.

Regarding the film:

Some people are perhaps more sentimental than others.. that could be one explanation for getting emotional at watching TSS. I definitely teared up at the end, but honestly it was more about The Garden and the way it makes me think of my dad. I'm a HUGE fan and I definitely get emotional at gigs; I really tune in to music I love at a deep sensitive level.

But you know we're all wired differently.

Regarding the film:

Some people are perhaps more sentimental than others.. that could be one explanation for getting emotional at watching TSS. I definitely teared up at the end, but honestly it was more about The Garden and the way it makes me think of my dad. I'm a HUGE fan and I definitely get emotional at gigs; I really tune in to music I love at a deep sensitive level.

Seeing it in a theater full of die hard RUSH fans was a very emotional experience. I'd think watching it at home, post-spoilers reveal, would have been very different.

Regarding the film:

Seeing it in a theater full of die hard RUSH fans was a very emotional experience. I'd think watching it at home, post-spoilers reveal, would have been very different.

Agreed. My ex-wife and I went to see Beyond The Lighted Stage in the theater. That was definitely emotionally charged. Different movie, obviously... but powerful.