Now that Peart has retired...

treeduck

...is anyone taking up drums for the first time to replace him in the general drumming firmament?

Who feels he has the balls to become the answer to Peart????????????

:madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra:

:NP: :NP: :NP: :NP: :NP:

• Like 2

Rush are done!

Let them go!

This isn't about RUSH, this is about filling in the void left by Peart in the drummer's universe. A drummer left the fold, now a drummer needs to come in and make up the numbers. Who is it going to be? You?? What about you?? You're obviously not going to be a guitar hero so why not try drumming instead of watching that stupid TV show with that geek that you were named after for a while??

• Like 3

I will do it!!

Rush would definitely be defunct if this happened

I will do it!!

Look you f***ing idiots, you better read the opening post, did I mention RUSH? This is about drummers and replacing Peart as a drummer not a member of f***ing RUSH. You f***ing idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 9

I will do it!!

I will do it!!

Look you f***ing idiots, you better read the opening post, did I mention RUSH? This is about drummers and replacing Peart as a drummer not a member of f***ing RUSH. You f***ing idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, then I will not do it.

No one can replace Neil as a drummer, he is the best.

Plus, I do not want him replaced. He is my cinnamon roll, and always will be. :heart: :Neil: :heart:

Edited by GotNeilPeart?
  • Like 1

I will do it!!

I will do it!!

Oh, then I will not do it.

No one can replace Neil as a drummer, he is the best.

Plus, I do not want him replaced. He is my cinnamon roll, and always will be. :heart: :Neil: :heart:

Are you talking about RUSH?? You better not be. :fury:

• Like 3

...is anyone taking up drums for the first time to replace him in the general drumming firmament?

Who feels he has the balls to become the answer to Peart????????????

:madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra: :madra:

:NP: :NP: :NP: :NP: :NP:

I got it!

I think Gavin Harrison will do! ;)

• Like 4

No, no, and no (and sorry in advance for spoiling your fun, ducky)...

There is only one Neil Peart. No one can match his style, his fills, his beast-like presence in the drum stool.

I've been drumming for more than thirty years, and I can only do reasonable facsimiles of some of the things that Neil did. And as for the really challenging things...ohhhh, fuhgeddaboudit!

That's why he is Neil Peart, and I am not. ;)

As I said, there is only one. Trying to fill his void is much like a painter trying to create another Starty Night. Just...no!

That is all. :)

• Like 3

I will do it!!

I will do it!!

You need a hug

• Like 1

There is only one Neil Peart. No one can match his style, his fills, his beast-like presence in the drum stool.

I've been drumming for more than thirty years, and I can only do reasonable facsimiles of some of the things that Neil did. And as for the really challenging things...ohhhh, fuhgeddaboudit!

As I said, there is only one. Trying to fill his void is much like a painter trying to create another Starty Night. Just...no!

This is a statement I agree: There's only one Neil Peart in this world. No one will replace him.

Although I think talented people come and go...

I will do it!!

I will do it!!

You need a hug

Let's hug him then! :hug2:

• Like 1

I will do it!!

I will do it!!

You need a hug

You need a punch in the gut! :P

• Like 4

I started playing drums a couple years ago. Really bad at it but I enjoy it. When my band gets together, I insist on playing one song on drums)..

You should stop playing drums, you're all used up and you're not going anywhere. Why not take up guitar? Then you can go about replacing Alex Lifeson! :16ton:

I will do it!!

I will do it!!

You need a hug

:LOL:

• Like 3

You should stop playing drums, you're all used up and you're not going anywhere. Why not take up guitar? Then you can go about replacing Alex Lifeson! :16ton:

I play guitar, too. But I'm not terribly proficient with it. I enjoy it, though.

I will do it!!

I will do it!!

You need a hug

You know all the right words to make me happy!

• Like 1