rush: Time Stand Still Blu Ray Content

bscsmkr

Never seen this footage before. appears that the audio was put in and matched with the video. not sure..

If that's the case, it matches very well.

I'm sure the footage of the tour is much better then any of the boots. The show from Auburn Hills in march that is on the internet is 9th gen from what I remember hearing, which would explain the terrible quality. I know for a fact Rush would never EVER release anything like that. They probably have the master tapes and the quality, both visually and audibly, is probably WAY better then what we have.

Anyone know if it'll be available at a brick and mortar store like Best Buy on the release date?

It's listed in this week's Best Buy ad so they should have it. Best Buy has carried the last few Rush dvd/blu-rays with a store exclusive. Best I can tell from the picture it has some kind of exclusive content (the interviews with other artists?) and a goofy keychain. Not as cool as the shirts from past sets.

I hope the bonus content from the Presto tour is of better quality than what's floating around as bootlegs. If it's from either Mountain View or Auburn Hills it would be pretty lousy quality for official release. Hopefully they have managed to track down (much) better copies. Or maybe something we didn't knew existed? :)

It's strange, because if the footage IS exactly the same quality as what's been in bootleg circles, which I expect is the case, then why only release half the show? Yes, I know they've dribbled out pieces of things before but I can't imagine any of the 1990 footage would justify its own full release at a later date. And also, if they just decided to grab randomly from old venue filmed footage for lack of having anything else in their own archive, then you'd think they'd pick from the 1994 Auburn Hills show which is of much higher quality.

Either way, it's not a huge problem for me, I've got all the venue filmed shows and I'm mostly excited for the documentary itself anyway. I feel pretty confident their own video archive is pretty well exhausted other than the remaining half of the 1997 Toronto show which I think will be rereleased with Different Stages at some point. So if this is an easy way to get some of this footage for the more casual fans then there's nothing wrong with that as a bonus. But I'm personally keeping my expectations low that it's anything I don't already have.

I can imagine MORE "dribbling out" of old concert footage within the next 5 years, advertised as "never before seen concert footage" from whatever tour to coincide with whatever album's anniversary (ex: a 40 year PeW anniversary) + interviews with Lee & Lifeson & Terry Brown discussing that album.

• Like 1

Anyone know if it'll be available at a brick and mortar store like Best Buy on the release date?

It's listed in this week's Best Buy ad so they should have it. Best Buy has carried the last few Rush dvd/blu-rays with a store exclusive. Best I can tell from the picture it has some kind of exclusive content (the interviews with other artists?) and a goofy keychain. Not as cool as the shirts from past sets.

Yeah that was fun for about 30 seconds. Shirts are much better.

• Like 1

There are still Best Buy stores??

I order everything from Amazon. Always here in 2 days, never waste time looking for something at a store.

Amazon is shipping for arrival on the release date (I have Prime, so 2-day shipping is free, and they ship on the 16th). They are pretty good with preorders. I wasn't aware of any exclusive extra content on BB or FYE--just the gumby keychain at BB and the poster at FYE. I just opted to get a BluRay from Amazon and the newbury comics regular DVD with the autographed booklet (NOT signed by Rush--signed by the director and Alan Weinrib).

I order everything from Amazon. Always here in 2 days, never waste time looking for something at a store.

I assume you don't spend much time driving around a city or you'd see them. ;)

• Like 1

When I driving I look at the road......LOL

There is 1 down the road, have not been in it in years.

Best Buy is a dying breed, they are making $$ with their online model, but not a profit with the retail locations.

They closed a number of stores each year from 2011 to 2016, they expect to close upwards of 200 more in 2017

They are going the way of Circuit City. Large cities will be the last ones to close. So yours is safe

• Like 1

Best Buy is a dying breed, they are making $$ with their online model, but not a profit with the retail locations.

They closed a number of stores each year from 2011 to 2016, they expect to close upwards of 200 more in 2017

They are going the way of Circuit City. Large cities will be the last ones to close. So yours is safe

Oh I know. They've really gone downhill in the last few years. Inventory is much smaller than it used to be.

One store I really miss is Media Play. They were great and always had a lot of fun stuff.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

Hi, i'm from Brazil and i would like to know the subtitles options on blu-ray. Please, anyone that already have the blu-ray could confirm this information ? Thanks a lot !!

Unfortunately, the description at the Rush store says:

Please note, Blu-Ray/DVD versions of this title have the exact same content.

This release does not include subtitle options.

https://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage/time-stand-still/rush-time-stand-still-blu-ray.html

Hi, i'm from Brazil and i would like to know the subtitles options on blu-ray. Please, anyone that already have the blu-ray could confirm this information ? Thanks a lot !!

Unfortunately, the description at the Rush store says:

Please note, Blu-Ray/DVD versions of this title have the exact same content.

This release does not include subtitle options.

https://www.rushback...ll-blu-ray.html

I know, but the people from Rounder Rwcords answered me that this is a worldwide release. They didn't confirm any subtitles (in fact they didn't talked about this), but the master of the Blu-ray disc may contain the subtitles options, and only it doesn't are mentioned on the description.

Thinking about it, if anyone already have (or as soon as posible) see the subtitles options on the disc will help many people from Brazil. We don't have any idea when this will release in our country ...

Oh I know. They've really gone downhill in the last few years. Inventory is much smaller than it used to be.

One store I really miss is Media Play. They were great and always had a lot of fun stuff.

Aw man, Media Play was AWESOME! I went to my local store more times than I care to admit. It's a shame that they're gone.

I checked one of my local Best Buy stores and got their last Blu-ray copy for $20.

• Like 1

Aw man, Media Play was AWESOME! I went to my local store more times than I care to admit. It's a shame that they're gone.

I checked one of my local Best Buy stores and got their last Blu-ray copy for $20.

They were much better than Best Buy. But then Best Buy sells appliances. Or at least they have them for sale. I rarely see anyone buying anything unless it's in the computer section.

I got the Blu-ray today and watched it tonight and even though I didn't cry it was kind of sad. Made me feel a bit melancholy. Especially the ending.
  • Like 1

I saw the doc tonight for the first time. It was like reliving the year 2015, from the moment we first read those words ("last major tour of this magnitude") until the night of August 1st, and the feeling of inevitability that grew more intense each day along the way. Condensed into 90 minutes for us to fondly reminisce (but also suffer through) again and again.

The ending credits - wow! I was doing ok up till then, but that was just brutal. I might've gone for trying to finish on a slightly more uplifting note myself, but if the intention was rawness, they certainly succeeded.

Being one of the folks at the Rushcon that Saturday, riding over on the school buses (which seemed so ridiculous to me at the time, but I now look back on as oddly perfect), carrying in one of those light-up starman sticks, that footage really brought back all the emotions I experienced on that incredibly amazing day. It's nice to have that particular film segment as a souvenir. And the footage of the guys backstage at The Forum - before and after the show - was really fascinating to watch.

I'm really surprised they didn't have a segment about the making of the RTB rap film, especially with one of the participants being the narrator. That clip was one of the more clever things they've done for a backing film and it always got practically the biggest response at every show. Plus it would've added humor, which I honestly thought this doc could've used a little more of.

Virtually reliving the tour like that also reminded me of how much fun it was to watch so many of the shows live with fellow forum members here. Some nights we really had to suffer through poor quality footage, but that ended up being secondary to the fact that we were able to do it *together*. That was definitely one of the things that made R40 even more extra special for me. :)

It was a fitting finale for a one-of-a-kind band.

• Like 4