2016-17 NHL Season Thread

blueschica

73 may just be celebrating tonight. I didn't think Ottawa had the fire power to get as far as they did, being a more defensive team, but somehow they're getting it done.

I'll celebrate when it's over. But I do love a good underdog story, and the Sens, Leafs and Oilers have been good stories this year.

I agree. I would be completely fine with the Oilers, Sens, or even Preds winning it all.
  • Like 2

73 may just be celebrating tonight. I didn't think Ottawa had the fire power to get as far as they did, being a more defensive team, but somehow they're getting it done.

I'll celebrate when it's over. But I do love a good underdog story, and the Sens, Leafs and Oilers have been good stories this year.

I think you may have forgotten the Predators. Good man! :ebert:
  • Like 1

I agree. I would be completely fine with the Oilers, Sens, or even Preds winning it all.

Wait a minute. I was convinced for some reason you're a Capitals fan. Who do you root for exactly?

Wait a minute. I was convinced for some reason you're a Capitals fan. Who do you root for exactly?

I am a Capitals fan. Just a realistic one.

I think you may have forgotten the Predators. Good man! :ebert:

They are a good story too, for sure. Maybe not for a Hawks or Blues fan, but they're fun to watch.

• Like 1

Maybe you should change your ways. With Penguins leading 3-1, you said the Caps won't win another game. Perhaps the results of the last few days are giving you a pause? Just asking.

Maybe you should change your ways. With Penguins leading 3-1, you said the Caps won't win another game. Perhaps the results of the last few days are giving you a pause? Just asking.

Nope.

The Penguins will come out and jump all over the Caps tomorrow and will win by a comfortable margin.

Remember back in 09 when there was this big round two game seven between the two teams and the Penguins proceeded to trounce the Caps 6-2? It will be like that.

Edited by thesweetscience

Nope.

The Penguins will come out and jump all over the Caps tomorrow and will win by a comfortable margin.

Remember back in 09 when there was this big round two game seven between the two teams and the Penguins proceeded to trounce the Caps 6-2? It will be like that.

If Crosby hadn't been hit by that cheap shot i might agree. Pens are done.

Nope.

LoL. I do enjoy watching him get his head scrambled. When he is 50 he won't even know his name.

I wonder how Mark Methots finger is doing?

Nope.

You've been wrong so far. I'll take that as a good omen. I despise Holtby, and I don't want to see Ovechkin and co. head on to the Worlds and help Russia, because I have my heart set on a North American team winning the championship. Therefore, I'll be hoping for a Caps win.
  • Like 1

Nope.

LoL. I do enjoy watching him get his head scrambled. When he is 50 he won't even know his name.

Are you a hockey troll?

The slash on Methots was the same slash that every NHL player does many times every game. Just bad luck for Methots. I thought you had some semblance of understanding the game of hockey. Guess not. Maybe find a simpler sport that you understand.

And stop with the "wah, wah wah" about how much the Caps suck and will choke.

Edited by Mithrandir

Nope.

Are you a hockey troll?

The slash on Methots was the same slash that every NHL player does many times every game. Just bad luck for Methots. I thought you had some semblance of understanding the game of hockey. Guess not. Maybe find a simpler sport that you understand.

And stop with the "wah, wah wah" about how much the Caps suck and will choke.

First off, you shouldn't make a post like that and call the other guy a troll, know what I saying?

Sweetscience knows hockey. You don't know him well enough to say he doesn't. Maybe you should read his posts again. It's clear he's a hockey fan first, and he's just expecting the worst for his Caps based on past playoff failures, while hoping for the best. It's a defensive shell, just like in the game. That's pretty normal for fans of long suffering teams -- as an Isles fan, I should know.

Nope.

You've been wrong so far. I'll take that as a good omen. I despise Holtby, and I don't want to see Ovechkin and co. head on to the Worlds and help Russia, because I have my heart set on a North American team winning the championship. Therefore, I'll be hoping for a Caps win.

I doubt it. This is the time when they really choke. If they win I will be shocked.

Nope.

I doubt it. This is the time when they really choke. If they win I will be shocked.

I remember before game 7 of the ALCS in 2004, Michael Felger, a local columnist, was on TV talking about how Red Sox fans shouldn't take any solace from their game 6 win (the first "bloody sock" game) because game 7 is when the "kick in the nuts" comes for Sox fans. I hope your team's game 7 goes the way that one did for the Sox TSS.

My son is livid with me, but I'm hoping Getzlaf and the Ducks advance tonight. He loves McDavid.

• Like 1

Nope.

I remember before game 7 of the ALCS in 2004, Michael Felger, a local columnist, was on TV talking about how Red Sox fans shouldn't take any solace from their game 6 win (the first "bloody sock" game) because game 7 is when the "kick in the nuts" comes for Sox fans. I hope your team's game 7 goes the way that one did for the Sox TSS.

My son is livid with me, but I'm hoping Getzlaf and the Ducks advance tonight. He loves McDavid.

The Ducks have their own Game 7 demons to exorcise. If they lose tonight it will be five consecutive years they've lost a Game 7 at home.

• Like 2

Nope.

I won't lie, I am pulling for the Oilers. I love the game they play and man do they have a strong future ahead of them.

I remember back in 09, game 7, Wash vs Pit, at Verizon in DC. All day the local media was talking about the big game seven rivalry and how great the series had been and how good the Caps chances were to win game 7 at home and move on. 8 minutes into the first period and the game was already over. The biggest egg I ever saw laid.

I know my team, I know what is coming, I refuse to get excited, I refuse to let them break my heart again.

Here is hoping for an all Canadian Stanley Cup Finals!!

Nope.

I won't lie, I am pulling for the Oilers. I love the game they play and man do they have a strong future ahead of them.

I remember back in 09, game 7, Wash vs Pit, at Verizon in DC. All day the local media was talking about the big game seven rivalry and how great the series had been and how good the Caps chances were to win game 7 at home and move on. 8 minutes into the first period and the game was already over. The biggest egg I ever saw laid.

I know my team, I know what is coming, I refuse to get excited, I refuse to let them break my heart again.

We were talking last night about who we're pulling for now that Hayes and Kreider were sent packing. If your team falls, I'm hoping to see Ottawa and the Ducks. If the Ducks fall I'm hoping to see the Predators in there.

Nope.

We were talking last night about who we're pulling for now that Hayes and Kreider were sent packing. If your team falls, I'm hoping to see Ottawa and the Ducks. If the Ducks fall I'm hoping to see the Predators in there.

Really, as long as it's not the Penguins again, I don't care who wins.

Having said that, I still expect the Penguins to win it all.

Edited by thesweetscience