Poll for those who CANNOT see YouTube videos

x1yyz

Info on people who CANNOT see YouTube videos on TRF  

10 members have voted

1. 1. I use this platform/browser and see black boxes instead of YouTube video previews:

• Mac/Chrome
    • Mac/Safari
    • Mac/Firefox
    • Mac/Mozilla
    • Mac/Opera
    • Windows/Chrome
    • Windows/IE
    • Windows/Firefox
    • Windows/Opera
    • *nix/Chrome
    • *nix/Firefox
    • *nix/Mozilla
    • *nix/Opera
    • iOS/Safari
    • iOS/Chrome
    • Other - Please mention below

It's not just one, I can't see them on three - Opera, Firefox or IE.

What version if FF are you using? I'm on 48.0.

I don't know what version. The latest I guess because I just downloaded it a couple of days ago.

Go to the upper left of the screen, click Help, then About Firefox.

It's not just one, I can't see them on three - Opera, Firefox or IE.

What version if FF are you using? I'm on 48.0.

I don't know what version. The latest I guess because I just downloaded it a couple of days ago.

Go to the upper left of the screen, click Help, then About Firefox.

It says it's downloading the latest version.

• Like 1

It is presently 43.0.1

I have to log off and back on to get the update.

Edit: It updated to 48.0. :)

Edit: It works with that. I can see the videos. :7up: :ebert: :clap: :cheerleader: I don't know why it won't with IE. Opera has been trying to update, but since I got Comcast and Norton, it won't let the Opera update download completely.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

YOU GUYS !!! THIS IS SO WEIRD !!! I didn't change or update anything on my computer. (Mac OS X with Safari and sometimes Firefox) I am so tired of seeing the black bars, so I wanted to poll accurately.

So I went to double check in Firefox AND THE BARS WERE GONE ! I COULD SEE VIDEOS !! AND WHEN I CAME BACK TO TRF IN SAFARI I COULD SEE THE VIDEOS AGAIN !! NO MORE BLACK BARS WHEN I JUST HAD THEM LIKE TEN MINUTES AGO !!

Wish I knew what I did so that I could help everyone else having this issue . . . . .

Thank you, Earl!

I'll take it, whoever Earl is! :D :D :D

Earl is RUSHHEAD666

• Like 1

YOU GUYS !!! THIS IS SO WEIRD !!! I didn't change or update anything on my computer. (Mac OS X with Safari and sometimes Firefox) I am so tired of seeing the black bars, so I wanted to poll accurately.

So I went to double check in Firefox AND THE BARS WERE GONE ! I COULD SEE VIDEOS !! AND WHEN I CAME BACK TO TRF IN SAFARI I COULD SEE THE VIDEOS AGAIN !! NO MORE BLACK BARS WHEN I JUST HAD THEM LIKE TEN MINUTES AGO !!

Wish I knew what I did so that I could help everyone else having this issue . . . . .

The latest version of firefox appears to be the anecdotal solution to this.

They have a new version since 4 days ago? I'm cool with that, I don't pay much attention to Firefox. But why would that allow me to be able to see videos in Safari again as well? So strange. Yet wonderful.

I have Firefox 47.0.1

I am on 48.

Firefox auto-updates :yes:

The next time you restart or (completely) close/re-open the firefox browser, you should be equipped with the latest and 'greatest'

• Like 2

It is presently 43.0.1

I have to log off and back on to get the update.

Edit: It updated to 48.0. :)

Edit: It works with that. I can see the videos. :7up: :ebert: :clap: :cheerleader: I don't know why it won't with IE. Opera has been trying to update, but since I got Comcast and Norton, it won't let the Opera update download completely.

:cheers: The latest version of firefox is the key.

• Like 2

Thank you, Earl!

I'll take it, whoever Earl is! :D :D :D

Earl is RUSHHEAD666

Oh, :facepalm: I know Earl :heart: I just haven't seen him post in a while! I guess my ALL CAPS fueled message was a bit late night Earl like in its excitement! :D

• Like 2

Another interesting thing -- on IE11 on my main PC, YouTube vids don't work, but on IE8 on my old PC, they work. Weird.

http://youtu.be/nXxmTJ6mtig

This might help.

That's a little different. On my IE11 I wasn't getting a blank screen like you see there, I was getting that little black bar that everyone has been getting for the past week. Now that YouTube has fixed the problem, IE11 plays the videos just fine.

Another interesting thing -- on IE11 on my main PC, YouTube vids don't work, but on IE8 on my old PC, they work. Weird.

http://youtu.be/nXxmTJ6mtig

This might help.

That's a little different. On my IE11 I wasn't getting a blank screen like you see there, I was getting that little black bar that everyone has been getting for the past week. Now that YouTube has fixed the problem, IE11 plays the videos just fine.

Oh.