Jump to content


Sirius Town Hall this Friday


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:53 PM

https://www.facebook...77&l=92e1f989bf

(I cropped out MIchael Moore)

Edited by Laurabw, 16 November 2015 - 01:57 PM.


Sponsored Post

#22 Xanadu

Xanadu

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1703 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:00 PM

Nice! Man, I wish I could have been there.

#23 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

It was a once in a lifetime experience. I hope you can listen to the interview, it was really cool, lots of different topics were covered. They even talked about marriage, that was when Alex said his wife was there.

#24 exiledyorkie

exiledyorkie

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:09 PM

Very Nice, I'm in that too.

Edited by exiledyorkie, 16 November 2015 - 03:10 PM.


#25 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5826 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:33 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 16 November 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

https://www.facebook...77&l=92e1f989bf

(I cropped out MIchael Moore)

Thank you for posting the link!  That must have been a really cool day.  5 or 6 years ago my sister and or husband and I used to take the train to NYC for the day and have a day out.  I briefly thought of entering, but I couldn't think of any good questions! Looks like an awesome experience for you and your friend!

#26 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

ohh, you should've just done it anyway! I don't know how much was based on the questions and how much was just luck, really. You should ALWAYS enter stuff, cuz you just never know.

But yes, it was an awesome experience for sure.

#27 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5826 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:47 PM

View Postexiledyorkie, on 16 November 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

Very Nice, I'm in that too.

Are you the other person in the photo?  Nice sweatshirt!

#28 exiledyorkie

exiledyorkie

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

Yes that is me, Nice sweatshirt lol. You must be a leeds fan lol

#29 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:29 PM

Laura, that's wonderful.  You are so very fortunate.  Imagine being so close to them.

As for Geddy being cool, I get the impression that he is usually that way during meet and greets.  Very reserved and stand-offish.  I think it's his way of protecting himself, even after all these years.  The only meet and greet picture I ever saw that he looked really friendly was the one Greyfriar has from his meet and greet.  

I can see the picture too!  Everyone looks happy!!

What kind of boots was Geddy wearing?  They look suede.

#30 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostLorraine, on 16 November 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Laura, that's wonderful.  You are so very fortunate.  Imagine being so close to them.

As for Geddy being cool, I get the impression that he is usually that way during meet and greets.  Very reserved and stand-offish.  I think it's his way of protecting himself, even after all these years.  The only meet and greet picture I ever saw that he looked really friendly was the one Greyfriar has from his meet and greet.  

I can see the picture too!  Everyone looks happy!!

What kind of boots was Geddy wearing?  They look suede.

yes, they were! They were short boots.

#31 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 16 November 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 16 November 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Laura, that's wonderful.  You are so very fortunate.  Imagine being so close to them.

As for Geddy being cool, I get the impression that he is usually that way during meet and greets.  Very reserved and stand-offish.  I think it's his way of protecting himself, even after all these years.  The only meet and greet picture I ever saw that he looked really friendly was the one Greyfriar has from his meet and greet.  

I can see the picture too!  Everyone looks happy!!

What kind of boots was Geddy wearing?  They look suede.

yes, they were! They were short boots.

They look nice and comfortable, that's why I asked.  :)

#32 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21752 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

Nice pic! I think I'd have a hard time not hugging Geddy. :)

#33 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:57 PM

LOL, they did look comfy! So crazy to be so close to them and see all the details. I just couldn't get over seeing Alex's famous fingers!

#34 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:58 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 16 November 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Nice pic! I think I'd have a hard time not hugging Geddy. :)

I just shook both their hands when we got there and said hi, we took the picture, I said thank you, and then I shook Alex's hand again.

#35 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:05 PM

this was the other one, it's not my photo so it's kind of small. I'm on the left! https://www.facebook...77&l=19e1a7cdc0

#36 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

Laura, that's really wonderful.  You were so close to Alex you could have leaned over and touched his leg.  Were you given instructions not to touch them?

I think it's great that you remember so much.  When I get excited, my mind goes blank and I have a hard time remembering anything afterward.  And I know that if I ever had the chance you had, forget it.

#37 greyfriar

greyfriar

    River Rhine BurgerMeister

  • Members
  • 7918 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rheinsheim
  • Interests:Music
    Munros in Scottish Highland
    Constructing weird grammar phrases in TRF posts
    It is what it is - and forever!

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:31 PM

View PostLaurabw, on 16 November 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

this was the other one, it's not my photo so it's kind of small. I'm on the left! https://www.facebook...77&l=19e1a7cdc0
Now that's what I call good seats. Congrats Laura. :cheers:

#38 Laurabw

Laurabw

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 416 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:nj
  • Interests:golf, hockey, skiing, ballet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

View PostLorraine, on 16 November 2015 - 05:23 PM, said:

Laura, that's really wonderful.  You were so close to Alex you could have leaned over and touched his leg.  Were you given instructions not to touch them?

I think it's great that you remember so much.  When I get excited, my mind goes blank and I have a hard time remembering anything afterward.  And I know that if I ever had the chance you had, forget it.

Haha, no we weren't told not to, but I figured it would't be a good idea!!

What I do forget though, is what the actual answer to my question was, so I hope it's not edited out of the Sirius broadcast!!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users