WOW!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush, Rush, drums, living off-grid, fishing, hunting, cooking, gardening, raising and growing my own food! Farting in crowded elevators... silent or otherwise.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:29 AM

For all of the "classic" or "early" Rush fans, this audio track of a Tucson show in '78, is in my opinion, THE recording to hear.  Many of you are probably already aware of this one, but for those of you who are not... you must check this out.  It's Rush live at their very best... (Again, in my opinion.) https://www.youtube....h?v=r7d2NyzhIAM

Sponsored Post

#2 androoq

androoq

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:35 AM

Amazing Show from top to bottom... insane when Geddy has to tell the crowd to chill

#3 78jazz

78jazz

The Seeker

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:20 PM

In terms of the boards from this tour, this may have the best performance. I would have to listen to all of them again to decide what I would pick to be the best performance available (Vancouver, Chicago, the first night in Toronto, and Richfield should also be considered for best of tour performance).

#4 canadianice

canadianice

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2959 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

Fantastic show, insane performance-------I have " A desert passage" version------love it :rage: :rush:

#5 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush, Rush, drums, living off-grid, fishing, hunting, cooking, gardening, raising and growing my own food! Farting in crowded elevators... silent or otherwise.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:54 PM

Great show, no doubt.  I love Neil`s solo, but the sound man nearly ruined it near the end with too many weird effects put to the acoustic drums.  I saw this tour in April, `78 in Ottawa.  WICKED!  8,000 people sold out at the Ottawa Civic Centre.  NO ONE sat down during the whole show... wild crowd.  Wilder band.

#6 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:59 PM

View Postandrooq, on 09 November 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Amazing Show from top to bottom... insane when Geddy has to tell the crowd to chill
Agreed, it was an amazing show.  I'm grateful to have these bootlegs.

#7 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostThunder Bay Rush, on 09 November 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

Great show, no doubt.  I love Neil`s solo, but the sound man nearly ruined it near the end with too many weird effects put to the acoustic drums.  I saw this tour in April, `78 in Ottawa.  WICKED!  8,000 people sold out at the Ottawa Civic Centre.  NO ONE sat down during the whole show... wild crowd.  Wilder band.
You were there?  Fortunate you.   Those were the days.  :)

#8 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21763 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:13 PM

This is probably the best bootleg from that tour that I've ever heard.  My first Rush concert was about 10 days after this. Amazing hearing it so clear. Sounds like an official release.

#9 edhunter

edhunter

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1724 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

I haven't listened to bootlegs in forever because my phone capacity made me dump them. But isn't Black Forest from that tour a little better? My version of A Desert Passage cuts out a few times from a SB mix to what seems like a single mike in the back of the arena.

#10 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21763 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:29 PM

I have Black Forest and IMO this sounds better.

#11 bordercollie

bordercollie

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:24 PM

I just happened to stumble upon a show from Boston on Youtube awhile back.  It gives this one a good run for its money.

Edited by bordercollie, 09 November 2015 - 10:24 PM.

#12 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4651 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:01 AM

View Postedhunter, on 09 November 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

I haven't listened to bootlegs in forever because my phone capacity made me dump them. But isn't Black Forest from that tour a little better? My version of A Desert Passage cuts out a few times from a SB mix to what seems like a single mike in the back of the arena.
Isn't Black Forest from the next tour?  It contains Cygnus X-1 and Hemispheres back to back.

#13 canadianice

canadianice

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2959 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 04:44 PM

I am trying to track this down on cd, does anybody know where this might be purchased?   tia

#14 edhunter

edhunter

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1724 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:42 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 10 November 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

I am trying to track this down on cd, does anybody know where this might be purchased?   tia

Purchased is a dirty word when it comes to boots. I haven't traded in years, but I know there are sites out there that with a little work, you can download them for free. I think one site was called dimeadozen.com, and I forgot what the other one was. I never used dime.

#15 edhunter

edhunter

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1724 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

View Postcanadianice, on 10 November 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Purchased is a dirty word when it comes to boots. I haven't traded in years, but I know there are sites out there that with a little work, you can download them for free. I think one site was called dimeadozen.com, and I forgot what the other one was. I never used dime.

#16 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

Canadianice, why don't you do a search in the bootleg section?  I'm sure someone posted a link recently (the past year or less) for you to download it.  Better yet, why don't you put your name on the hard drive vine list?  http://www.therushfo.../page__st__1300

#17 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42114 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:54 PM

Another suggestion is to pm Zumbi.  At one point he put a lot of bootlegs for download somewhere.  Maybe he can help you.

#18 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5896 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:03 PM

Definitely a great show.  There's something about Lee's bass playing on one of those Hemispheres Germany boots, though - Universe Divided, I think.

#19 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21763 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:10 PM

Why not just rip the remaster from YouTube? It sounds much better than the one on the hard drive.

#20 canadianice

canadianice

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2959 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:23 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 10 November 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

Why not just rip the remaster from YouTube? It sounds much better than the one on the hard drive.
  I want a physical copy(cd). This one seems very hard to track down.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WOW!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users