Jump to content


Neil Peart - Most Overrated Drummer Ever

ted nugent

  • Please log in to reply
413 replies to this topic

#21 presto123

presto123

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3370 posts
  • Location:Noblesville, IN.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.

Sponsored Post

#22 workingcinderellaman

workingcinderellaman

    The Red Barchetta

  • Members *
  • 30693 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SLC Utah
  • Interests:Bikes (Motorcycles), Skiing, Airplanes, Ted Nugent

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

View Postpresto123, on 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.
What difference does that make?

#23 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

    Coach Cheesehead

  • Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lost in Xanadu (aka WI)
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:45 PM

View Postpresto123, on 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.
Posted Image

#24 Alex

Alex

    "This IS my happy face!"

  • Members *
  • 12902 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa, Ontario
  • Interests:Business, Cars, Economics, Politics, Philosophy

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

View Postpresto123, on 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.

Are you trying to say that non-drummers have little say about drumming and drumming techniques? I've played on a few kits. I think I know what it takes.

And as far as technical ability goes, I think there's a lot to be said for where the band might have gone with John Rutsey. Rutsey could at least do basic timing. Neil is sloppy.

#25 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

Quote

Are you trying to say that non-drummers have little say about drumming and drumming techniques? I've played on a few kits. I think I know what it takes.

I can tap my foot pretty good to the beat.  :)

#26 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridge™

  • Members *
  • 9841 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

The guy is anal to the extreme, with all the feel of a programmed automaton.

#27 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24833 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostAlex, on 30 September 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

View Postpresto123, on 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.

Are you trying to say that non-drummers have little say about drumming and drumming techniques? I've played on a few kits. I think I know what it takes.

And as far as technical ability goes, I think there's a lot to be said for where the band might have gone with John Rutsey. Rutsey could at least do basic timing. Neil is sloppy.

Rutsey could have really grounded the band and made those freaky deaky 20 minute songs much more palatable.

#28 Fridge

Fridge

    The Freezable Fridge™

  • Members *
  • 9841 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aberdeenshire, Scotland
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostLedRush, on 30 September 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

View PostAlex, on 30 September 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

View Postpresto123, on 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.

Are you trying to say that non-drummers have little say about drumming and drumming techniques? I've played on a few kits. I think I know what it takes.

And as far as technical ability goes, I think there's a lot to be said for where the band might have gone with John Rutsey. Rutsey could at least do basic timing. Neil is sloppy.

Rutsey could have really grounded the band and made those freaky deaky 20 minute songs much more palatable.

Indeed...that man could grooooove.

#29 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

    Coach Cheesehead

  • Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lost in Xanadu (aka WI)
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostAlex, on 30 September 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

View Postpresto123, on 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.

Are you trying to say that non-drummers have little say about drumming and drumming techniques? I've played on a few kits. I think I know what it takes.

And as far as technical ability goes, I think there's a lot to be said for where the band might have gone with John Rutsey. Rutsey could at least do basic timing. Neil is sloppy.
Pa-rum-pum-pum-puummmm

#30 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:59 PM

"Freaky deaky"?  :unsure:

#31 ghostworks

ghostworks

    The God Of Pants

  • Members
  • 13918 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:uoᴉʇɐɔo˥
  • Interests:sʇsǝɹǝʇuI

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

Can your opinion be trusted? Take the quiz below to find out!

Do you:

• think The Police were over-rated as a band?

• have more than ten video game consoles hooked up and in working order?

• think that T4E is a 'great rock album'?

If you answered 'yes' to any/all of these questions, your opinion:

'can't be trusted'   :(

Thanks for taking the quiz!

#32 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83472 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image

#33 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24833 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:02 PM

View PostLorraine, on 30 September 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

"Freaky deaky"?  :unsure:

https://www.google.c...#q=freaky deaky

#34 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

    Coach Cheesehead

  • Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lost in Xanadu (aka WI)
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostLedRush, on 30 September 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 30 September 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

"Freaky deaky"?  :unsure:

https://www.google.c...#q=freaky deaky
Posted Image

#35 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 24833 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

View Postghostworks, on 30 September 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Can your opinion be trusted? Take the quiz below to find out!

Do you:

• think The Police were over-rated as a band?

• have more than ten video game consoles hooked up and in working order?

• think that T4E is a 'great rock album'?

If you answered 'yes' to any/all of these questions, your opinion:

'can't be trusted'   :(

Thanks for taking the quiz!

I feel that this should be a litmus test for SCOTUS candidates.  If anyone answers no to two of these questions, they should be ineligible.

#36 ghostworks

ghostworks

    The God Of Pants

  • Members
  • 13918 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:uoᴉʇɐɔo˥
  • Interests:sʇsǝɹǝʇuI

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostLedRush, on 30 September 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

View Postghostworks, on 30 September 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Can your opinion be trusted? Take the quiz below to find out!

Do you:

• think The Police were over-rated as a band?

• have more than ten video game consoles hooked up and in working order?

• think that T4E is a 'great rock album'?

If you answered 'yes' to any/all of these questions, your opinion:

'can't be trusted'   :(

Thanks for taking the quiz!

I feel that this should be a litmus test for SCOTUS candidates.  If anyone answers no to two of these questions, they should be ineligible.
:o

the children

think of the children...

#37 Alex

Alex

    "This IS my happy face!"

  • Members *
  • 12902 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa, Ontario
  • Interests:Business, Cars, Economics, Politics, Philosophy

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostLedRush, on 30 September 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

View PostAlex, on 30 September 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

View Postpresto123, on 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

I also find it funny that threads like these are almost always started by non-drummers.

Are you trying to say that non-drummers have little say about drumming and drumming techniques? I've played on a few kits. I think I know what it takes.

And as far as technical ability goes, I think there's a lot to be said for where the band might have gone with John Rutsey. Rutsey could at least do basic timing. Neil is sloppy.

Rutsey could have really grounded the band and made those freaky deaky 20 minute songs much more palatable.

I think some well timed cowbell (like at the beginning of In The Mood) could have done Hemispheres and Xanadu some good.

#38 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42114 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostLedRush, on 30 September 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 30 September 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

"Freaky deaky"?  :unsure:

https://www.google.c...#q=freaky deaky

Why, thank you!  

I've learned a lot since coming here.  I found out what erotic asphyxiation is.  And now "freaky deaky."

:)

#39 grasbo

grasbo

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 784 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:australia
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

Yep Neil is overrated.So is the whole band.Don't know why i got into them.

#40 Bigbobby10

Bigbobby10

    Solar Federalist

  • Members *
  • 2876 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:14 PM

Well, Neil Peart thinks YOU'RE OVERRATED





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ted nugent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users