Improve a Band's Discography by Removing an Album or Two... Or Five... Or more.

Mr. Not

Dream Theater-When Dream and Day Unite, Awake, Disc 1 of Six Degrees,Train of Thought Systematic Chaos, Black Clouds.

Leaves the more Prog DT...not this faux Metal which they suck at.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Dream Theater-When Dream and Day Unite, Awake, Disc 1 of Six Degrees,Train of Thought Systematic Chaos, Black Clouds.

Leaves the more Prog DT...not this faux Metal which they suck at.

Mick

Fukkin Eh

I actually went to the Six Degrees show at The Warfield. They played By Tor that night.

I walked out in disgust.

Dream Theater is one of the worst bands on the planet. Oh yeah man Fukk "When Cream And G*Y Unite." Useless. YTSEJAM! WOW! MAJESTY backwards.

How original. WHAT JUNK!

U2

After "The Joshua Tree" just flush that Euro trash shite down the toilet.

I'd be tempted to flush Joshua Tree as well. But everything before that is excellent.

Rush---burn Snakes and Presto

second votes for ACDC after FTATR and Ozzy after Madman

Maiden--the Blaze years

KISS--everything they've ever done

• Like 1

U2

I'd be tempted to flush Joshua Tree as well. But everything before that is excellent.

I think The Joshua Tree is one of THOSE albums. It's a commercial, artistic and critical success that didn't alienate U2's fan base. I distinctly remember when that album was released. I loved U2 since War and eagerly waited for The Joshua Tree's release. Especially, because The Unforgettable Fire was a totally unexpected curve ball. All expectations were met. It's a brilliant album. Up there with Who's Next or Dark Side of the Moon or Led Zeppelin IV...

Edited by ReRushed

U2

I think The Joshua Tree is one of THOSE albums. It's a commercial, artistic and critical success that didn't alienate U2's fan base. I distinctly remember when that album was released. I loved U2 since War and eagerly waited for The Joshua Tree's release. Especially, because The Unforgettable Fire was a totally unexpected curve ball. All expectations were met. It's a brilliant album. Up there with Who's Next or Dark Side of the Moon or Led Zeppelin IV...

I remember exactly where I was (driving my car on this one street) when I first heard a track from The Joshua Tree (With or Without You). U2 was my favourite band at the time, and like you I started listening with War, so I was eager to hear this new album. But I was disappointed as I felt they were losing their edge (as opposed to The Edge ;) ). With The Unforgettable Fire they had definitely moved from their original raw sound to something more polished, which I have no problem with, but on JT they were also beginning to move away from the intense passion that permeated their first few albums. That was what I most loved about the old U2--the raw passion, emotion, and energy that came through.

• Like 1

U2

I remember exactly where I was (driving my car on this one street) when I first heard a track from The Joshua Tree (With or Without You). U2 was my favourite band at the time, and like you I started listening with War, so I was eager to hear this new album. But I was disappointed as I felt they were losing their edge (as opposed to The Edge ;) ). With The Unforgettable Fire they had definitely moved from their original raw sound to something more polished, which I have no problem with, but on JT they were also beginning to move away from the intense passion that permeated their first few albums. That was what I most loved about the old U2--the raw passion, emotion, and energy that came through.

I hear plenty of passion in The Joshua Tree. And I think songs like "Bullet the Blue Sky" and "Exit" are as "raw" as anything they recorded. Anyway, I would apply some of your argument to albums after Achtung Baby, specially starting with Pop. To my ears, U2 albums started to be paint by number affairs.

Deep Purple -- Get rid of Bananas and the self-titled one.

Aerosmith -- Keep Rocks, Toys in the Attic, Permanent Vacation, Get Your Wings, and the Greatest Hits album for the sake of Dream On and Kings and Queens.

Yes -- Get rid of the most recent one and keep everything else. Even Open Your Eyes has some worthwhile material.

ELP -- I'm not going to pretend that I've heard all of their later albums, but at this point, I'd just keep ELP, Tarkus, Trilogy, and BSS.

Led Zeppelin -- I'll keep one song: Over the Hills and Far Away. You can have the rest.

Megadeth's Th1rt3en and Super Collider were terrible albums. I would only save 3 or 4 songs and thats it.

What did you think about The System Has Failed? I know it wasnt supposed to be a Megadeth album but I have found it to be more satisfying than any other Megadeth album since Youthanasia.

• Like 2

Megadeth's Th1rt3en and Super Collider were terrible albums. I would only save 3 or 4 songs and thats it.

What did you think about The System Has Failed? I know it wasnt supposed to be a Megadeth album but I have found it to be more satisfying than any other Megadeth album since Youthanasia.

It's a good album.