Improve an Album by Removing a Song or Two

Union 5-3992

In this thread, list some good albums that would be significantly improved if you remove only one or two songs

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans

Remove "The Remembering (High the Memory)" and "The Ancient (Giants Under the Sun)" and this album would be ranked right with
Close to the Edge

Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.

Remove "Perfect Life: and the album would easily be one of my all time favorites

Rush - Hold Your Fire

Remove the last two songs, "High Water" and "Tai Shan" and this would rank up perfectly with
Power Windows
and
Grace Under Pressure

King Crimson - Red

Remove Providence

Opeth - Damnation

I'd remove "Weakness". The song "Ending Credits" is a perfect ending to the album. If they stopped right there, it'd be just right, then that mood is ruined when "Weakness" starts
Edited by Union 5-3992
  • Like 1

Presto... Remove Superconductor, Anagram and Hand Over Fist. War Paint could go too truth be told but it's not terrible... Edited by Narps

These are Megadeth albums. I can't think of any other albums right now

Peace Sells But Who's Buying - I Ain't Superstitious. It stops the awesome flow this album had going.

So Far, So Good, So What - Anarchy In The U.K. It was fine when played live but it should've stayed a non-album single.

Endgame - 1,320 and Bodies. Both sound uninspired.

Th1rt3en - Plenty of them. This album isn't anywhere near perfect, even without the weakest songs. Only two though...Wrecker and Fast Lane.

Edited by Polaris
  • Like 2

Peace Sells But Who's Buying - I Ain't Superstitious. It stops the awesome flow this album had going.

So Far, So Good, So What - Anarchy In The U.K. It was fine when played live but it should've stayed a non-album single.

I swear I was going to post this exact same example. The covers on the early Megadeth albums really piss me off. They are the only dip in otherwise classic metal records. I feel the same about These Boots Are Made For Walkin' on Killing...

Why Dave, why?

Edited by Turbine Freight
  • Like 1

I swear I was going to post this exact same example. The covers on the early Megadeth albums really piss me off. They are the only dip in otherwise classic metal records. I feel the same about These Boots Are Made For Walkin' on Killing...

Why Dave, why?

I like These Boots though, haha. I prefer its placement in the 2002 remix though. It was the 4th track in the original release but it's much better as the final track in the remix. It doesn't mess with the flow of the album and it serves as good company for the fun song Mechanix.

Rush - Clockwerk A-holes: The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden.

:o

I would just remove The Wreckers, Wish Them Well and Carnies at least. Oh and can the production be removed?...
  • Like 1

Moving Pictures-Witch Hunt.

Katy Lied-Everyone's Gone to the Movies

Hold Your Fire-High Water Tai Shan.

Tales from Topographic Oceans- Go back in time steal the Masters. Before leaving. Whack the band over the head with them. and run.

Mick

Rush - Clockwerk A-holes: The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden.

The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden, The Garden.

I would just remove The Wreckers, Wish Them Well and Carnies at least. Oh and can the production be removed?...

And The Garden.

UFO - Force It

Would be perfect without the bag of poop that is Dance Your Life Away.

"Foxtrotting with my girl..."

Yeah Phil, too much Stella Artois again...

Yep...

Tales from Topographic Oceans- Go back in time steal the Masters. Before leaving. Whack the band over the head with them. and run.

Mick

Agree on Turds and HYF of course. Don't know what the Katy thing is but the Moving Pictures one :moon: ... :)
  • Like 1

Mick

Agree on Turds and HYF of course. Don't know what the Katy thing is but the Moving Pictures one :moon: ... :)

hey i know the MP 1 is unpopular but i stick by it. :D

Mick