x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

View Postcustom55, on 27 July 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

This, for sure. SO HEAVY

If I had to pick one short little segment of the show, THIS would be it.  THIS IS SO GREAT!

#43 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:56 AM

Jacob's Ladder

Lakeside Park

What You're Doing

Those three tunes really got to me. And the light show was spectacular!! :haz: :rush:

#44 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:25 AM

I love the lighting and lasers in Jacob's Ladder.

Love the bells/chimes? in Cygnus X-1. And how dark and quiet it gets for a bit during the song. Very suspenseful.

Love the lasers at the end of Xanadu when Alex is playing the awesome signature riff. :guitar:

This tour has been amazing. If it really is the end, they have outdone themselves in my opinion, and given me some incredible memories that will last the rest of my life. :notworthy:

#45 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:30 AM

View PostXanadu, on 28 July 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

This tour has been amazing. If it really is the end, they have outdone themselves in my opinion, and given me some incredible memories that will last the rest of my life. :notworthy:

I hear you, girl.  I hear you.

#46 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

View Postx1yyz, on 28 July 2015 - 08:41 AM, said:

This, for sure. SO HEAVY

If I had to pick one short little segment of the show, THIS would be it.  THIS IS SO GREAT!

Those lasers are amazeballs too.

#47 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

View Postjimmylerxst, on 28 July 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

This, for sure. SO HEAVY

Awesome!

Thats good sh** right there. :haz: :rush:

#48 troutman

troutman

My views are fishy

• Members *
  • 44549 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

They didn't play this in Portland,

Just amazing!! :haz:

https://www.youtube....h?v=k51py8g2vYk

#49 celticsalmon

celticsalmon

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

from curtain up to curtain down- RUSH concerts are events

#50 souperconductor

souperconductor

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

Also saw the Calgary and Vancouver shows. As a Rick-o-phile, I loved seeing both of Geddy's double necks in action.

Aside from brilliant shows, the thing that stuck for me was the R40+  logo at the end of the Van show. Didn't notice it in Calgary...

#51 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 21534 posts
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:18 AM

View Postcelticsalmon, on 29 July 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

from curtain up to curtain down- RUSH concerts are events
An EVENING With Rush... And not a dull moment!

#52 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30019 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:24 AM

View PostXanadu, on 28 July 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

I love the lighting and lasers in Jacob's Ladder.

Love the bells/chimes? in Cygnus X-1. And how dark and quiet it gets for a bit during the song. Very suspenseful.

Love the lasers at the end of Xanadu when Alex is playing the awesome signature riff. :guitar:

The lasers were awesome on this tour!  Loved them.

Seeing "Losing It' at the LA Forum was it for me.

I loved the KISS standee during "Lakeside Park" too.

#53 daveyt

daveyt

Non Sequitur

• Members *
  • 8219 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

i felt like i was in a time machine every time neil turned around and hit the bells with that hammer (whatever you call them). high cotton time every time.

#54 cygnify

cygnify

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1411 posts
  • Interests:Drums, Astronomy, Family (not necessarily in that order)

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

As others have stated - so much to love about this show.  The setlist, the reverse chronological theme, the stage set up, the lights, the video presentations, the vintage drum set, the orchestral chimes, the double necks, the sound was GREAT, Geddy sounded GREAT singing, etc. etc.

Only minor gripes - didn't get to see Losing It (with it played so infrequently, but I understand with the logistics of having a guest), TFE was not represented (should have had one tune!), and Alex did not smile as much as he did on past tours.

A few of my favorite moments though, at least in the stage show - the opening video was my favorite ever, and I enjoyed the exit video as well ("F you puppet!")  and also the incredibly awesome lasers during the end of Cygnus X-1

Edited by cygnify, 12 August 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#55 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:39 PM

View Postcygnify, on 12 August 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

As others have stated - so much to love about this show.  The setlist, the reverse chronological theme, the stage set up, the lights, the video presentations, the vintage drum set, the orchestral chimes, the double necks, the sound was GREAT, Geddy sounded GREAT singing, etc. etc.

Only minor gripes - didn't get to see Losing It (with it played so infrequently, but I understand with the logistics of having a guest), TFE was not represented (should have had one tune!), and Alex did not smile as much as he did on past tours.

A few of my favorite moments though, at least in the stage show - the opening video was my favorite ever, and I enjoyed the exit video as well ("F you puppet!")  and also the incredibly awesome lasers during the end of Cygnus X-1

Holy shit, I hadn't seen those before!  That is so amazingly wonderful!  Wow!

I can't wait for the R40 DVD to come out so I can see what else I've been missing.

#56 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14365 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:44 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 12 August 2015 - 05:39 PM, said:

I can't wait for the R40 DVD to come out so I can see what else I've been missing.
Howard is the man. You know the YBG wrote an article about  him ;)

#57 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 12 August 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Did they now?  That must have been a great read.

#58 Merely Space

Merely Space

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3951 posts
  • Interests:Acting, music, gaming, model making, military history.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:26 PM

View PostTombstone Mountain, on 12 August 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

I would love for a bonus feature on the DVD to be a static long shot like that simply to show off the wonder that is Howard's lighting design.

#59 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21764 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:01 PM

I saw that video on Facebook a few weeks ago and it's still amazing.

#60 Skin Bag

Skin Bag

The Seeker

• Members *
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:05 AM

I saw 3 shows and loved every minute of each one but here are the items that made each show unique, personal and memorable to me:
Seattle -- meeting up with fellow fans before the concert and finding that complete strangers can indeed be long awaited friends
San Jose -- NATURAL SCIENCE!!!!!  my all time favorite!
Las Vegas -- watching Alex sit off-stage drinking bottled water and chatting with (I assume) his guitar tech while Neil & Geddy were doing their solos.  I had the aisle seat of Row 12  so Alex was only about 20 feet (?) in front of me and am still surprised that security left the gate open to back stage.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users