MSG...wow, again...

50 replies to this topic

#21 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 28784 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 30 June 2015 - 09:24 AM, said:

For how difficult this one show was to get tickets for less than $300... Gotta love all the empty prime VIP seats first few rows lower bowl. Almighty dollar. In Dolan we trust. Beautiful building, awesome acoustics, terrible teams and owner, driving up prices all over sports...Squeeze you for all $ you got then bury you in rules and security.

I noticed a lot of people from the first 15 rows going side-stage to some area that I wasn't allowed to go to.  One of those people was Ray Daniels, who only sat in his seat for about 3 songs.  I didn't see any empty seats, though I guess there could have been a few somewhere...but they weren't in the first few rows near Geddy.

Sponsored Post

#22 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2696 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:49 AM

For how difficult this one show was to get tickets for less than $300... Gotta love all the empty prime VIP seats first few rows lower bowl. Almighty dollar. In Dolan we trust. Beautiful building, awesome acoustics, terrible teams and owner, driving up prices all over sports...Squeeze you for all $ you got then bury you in rules and security.

Still deliveres the best concert I've seen in a while.

#23 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 9793 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostLedRush, on 30 June 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

I noticed a lot of people from the first 15 rows going side-stage to some area that I wasn't allowed to go to.  One of those people was Ray Daniels, who only sat in his seat for about 3 songs.  I didn't see any empty seats, though I guess there could have been a few somewhere...but they weren't in the first few rows near Geddy.

I should have said Rush was awesome!

The empty seats were first five rows, blue line to blue line, so for those near the stage, it was waaay behind you! About 50%  prime seat vacancy in a jam packed arena.
  After having close floor seats in NJ and VA, I got to see this one from a bit of a distance.

But, being across the rink, dead center, 11 rows up, its a bit far for me, but I saw things embedded in the light show that were incredible and I have never seen before.

Shows how amazing Rush is, even from afar they put on a great show.

#24 byoungjr

byoungjr

The Seeker

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:56 AM

I thought I read somewhere on these forums that Geddy was sporting a Chris Squire t shirt last night (MSG of course).  Did anyone happen to notice that?  If so, that would be really cool.

Edited by byoungjr, 30 June 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#25 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 28784 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

View Postbyoungjr, on 30 June 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

I thought I read somewhere on these forums that Geddy was sporting a Chris Squire t shirt last night (MSG of course).  Did anyone happen to notice that?  If so, that would be really cool.

He changed shirts at least once. He started with a shirt that had a young Alex on it (and maybe Neil, but I could be mixing my nights...but I think it was from their early Cream shoot).  He ended with an ARF40 shirt.

#26 Merely Space

Merely Space

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3952 posts
  • Interests:Acting, music, gaming, model making, military history.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostGabrielgil513, on 30 June 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 30 June 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

I should have said Rush was awesome!

The empty seats were first five rows, blue line to blue line, so for those near the stage, it was waaay behind you! About 50%  prime seat vacancy in a jam packed arena.
  After having close floor seats in NJ and VA, I got to see this one from a bit of a distance.

But, being across the rink, dead center, 11 rows up, its a bit far for me, but I saw things embedded in the light show that were incredible and I have never seen before.

Shows how amazing Rush is, even from afar they put on a great show.

I saw them once close and once far for this tour.  Very different experiences!  Wouldn't trade the up close for anything, but when I sat across the arena from them a few nights later, I was shocked by how much of the light show I had missed the first time.  And it's a helluva light show!

#27 OneLittleVictory

OneLittleVictory

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Music, Astronomy

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

Seriously guys, the show was amazing and it definitely changed my life. It was the first time I ever got to see a band that I truly love. I've had a falling out with playing my bass this year and some of last year and after seeing them, I feel inspired again. :geddy:

#28 Super25Smasher

Super25Smasher

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 11209 posts
  • Interests:Playing bass guitar, singing, songwriting, sitcoms, collecting CD and vinyl

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:29 PM

I loved it!

#29 librarian

librarian

Aquarian Librarian

• Members
  • 6472 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

I was very glad to be at that show and witness the genius that is :rush: :notworthy:

Geddy, Alex, Neil - Thank you!

#30 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53348 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostOneLittleVictory, on 30 June 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

Everyone around me jumped at the fireworks. It was hilarious. No idea how Neil could deal with that 😎

Neil has a lot of self-discipline.

#31 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 28784 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostLorraine, on 30 June 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

View PostOneLittleVictory, on 30 June 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

Everyone around me jumped at the fireworks. It was hilarious. No idea how Neil could deal with that ������

Neil has a lot of self-discipline.

And he's listening to Toto with noise cancelling headphones.

#32 Hemisteers

Hemisteers

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Slight introvert. I like books, working out, playing bass and just doing my thing. I enjoy chatting with fans of Rush!

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:27 PM

No earplugs, ears still ringing....

Edit -
Row 3 Section F
https://www.youtube....h?v=DUMihDEzvXA

Edited by Hemisteers, 30 June 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#33 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53348 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:34 PM

Has Ray been to every show so far on this tour?  I'm wondering why he still does that.  It's not like Rush needs to be kept an eye on.  :cool:

#34 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1043 posts
  • Interests:Music—listening and performing.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostLedRush, on 30 June 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

Fourth row center...aisle seat on Geddy's side.  The only down side was that everyone and their mother would sneak up to the third row and take pictures.  Security let them do it if they took less than 15 seconds or so.  But the guys played great, we got the Dink again, the crowd was roaring, and Geddy sounded good.  If this is the last time I ever see them, I can live with this being my experience!
You must be the person I was sitting next to, then--sharing that guy's popcorn from in front of us.  I also sighted Babba Booey and John Hine from the Howard Stern crew in front row directly ahead of us.  More photos taken--see next post...

#35 AndroidOnTheRun

AndroidOnTheRun

The Seeker

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

I thought this show was unbelievable.  Combined with NJ (I was on the floor there, balcony in NYC), just an incredible set of performances.  I don't know if it was the atmosphere or what, but Geddy sounded fantastic on some of those high passages.  When the curtain came up on Lakeside Park... I swear, it was magical.  "Though it's just a memory, some memories last forever."  (Yeah, okay they cut that part, but it's appropriate.)

EDIT: Typos.

Edited by AndroidOnTheRun, 30 June 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#36 LedRush

LedRush

• Members *
  • 28784 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 30 June 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Fourth row center...aisle seat on Geddy's side.  The only down side was that everyone and their mother would sneak up to the third row and take pictures.  Security let them do it if they took less than 15 seconds or so.  But the guys played great, we got the Dink again, the crowd was roaring, and Geddy sounded good.  If this is the last time I ever see them, I can live with this being my experience!
You must be the person I was sitting next to, then--sharing that guy's popcorn from in front of us.  I also sighted Babba Booey and John Hine from the Howard Stern crew in front row directly ahead of us.  More photos taken--see next post...

That was me!  The guy was nice, but I didn't get a little annoyed that he was stealing a seat and recording with two hands above his head through many cool sections of the show.  But it's hard to get too annoyed when he has that much passion...the guy rocked out the whole show!

And, we were on the back screen together...twice!

#37 greg2112

greg2112

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:41 PM

Was on the floor, 17th row.  Astounding.  The best Rush show I've ever seen, with the only exception being my first show ever - Signals tour, also at MSG.  What a way to close it out.

Edited by greg2112, 30 June 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#38 librarian

librarian

Aquarian Librarian

• Members
  • 6472 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:48 PM

They blew my socks off!!!

#39 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1043 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

MSG Photos!!  Enjoy!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#40 HalfwayToGone

HalfwayToGone

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1043 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostLedRush, on 30 June 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostHalfwayToGone, on 30 June 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

That was me!  The guy was nice, but I didn't get a little annoyed that he was stealing a seat and recording with two hands above his head through many cool sections of the show.  But it's hard to get too annoyed when he has that much passion...the guy rocked out the whole show!

And, we were on the back screen together...twice!
We, meaning you and I were on the back screen?  I didn't even notice.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users