Summer 2015

Disk98

It's been inconsistent around here. We've had our nasty 95° days, but just the other day it was 62° and raining. Today is just perfect. Sunny and 73°.
  • Like 1

Apparently, we're going to see as much as 43 °C (109.4 °F) in 2 days in my hometown in France :sundog:

Shoule be good stress for the red grapes. Selfish, I know...

Chicago/Illinois just broke it's more than 100-year old record for wettest June. It's raining again as I type this.....sigh.....

So that's where our rain went. Days and days of rain sounds like a dream for us out here.

• Like 1

70 degrees and sunny. :sundog:

Troutman, some Alaska questions for you. :)

What's the hottest it gets there in the summer?

What is the coldest in the winter, and what kind of heat do you have and how much is your normal winter electric bill?

• Like 1

70 degrees and sunny. :sundog:

Troutman, some Alaska questions for you. :)

What's the hottest it gets there in the summer?

What is the coldest in the winter, and what kind of heat do you have and how much is your normal winter electric bill?

It all depends on which part of the state a person lives,

Anchorage is usually mild compared to the north slope and the interior. It gets so cold there is no way I could ever live there. Worked many times in those type of fridged conditions. We have our winters that can be nasty but over all its not as bad as say Fairbanks. The electric bill is a tough one to get an average. I would say around a 100.00 bucks give or take the year and the conditions.

• Like 1

Mid-60sF here in San Francisco. The sky above me is currently blue but the half of the City near the ocean is covered in fog, and looking north there is a tall wall of fog sneaking in along the bay.

You can tell tourists in SF because they come here wearing shorts in June/July expecting summer weather and end up in blustery fog. Have I mentioned how much I hate fog? I really miss actual summers like I had when I lived 30 miles south of here.

• Like 3

Humid, rainy then kind of sunny in the high 80's in Myrtle today. Very unsettled skies here for it looks like the next week or so projected. Got a nice storm and rain last night finally... :dweez:
  • Like 1

This was the first year I can ever remember wearing long sleeves, jeans, and a jacket to go out and watch fireworks on the 4th of July.
  • Like 2

This was the first year I can ever remember wearing long sleeves, jeans, and a jacket to go out and watch fireworks on the 4th of July.

There was too much fog and I couldn't see the fireworks here. Well, I couldn't see the official fireworks. There were some pretty extravagant illegal fireworks going off in the Mission District.

There was too much fog and I couldn't see the fireworks here. Well, I couldn't see the official fireworks. There were some pretty extravagant illegal fireworks going off in the Mission District.

Aw, that's a shame.

Yeah, there were plenty of illegal fireworks going off in my neighborhood, too. I hate that stuff. I don't know why I dislike it so much; I just do. I feel like such an old man, saying that, too. Feel like I should open my front door and shake my cane at them or something.

:codger:

One of my neighbors who is one of the Pittsburgh Steelers had a big firework display on the 4th. I posted a video of part of it on Facebook but it's pretty amazing.

We're having some lovely English weather here today. Sixty-six degrees (that's 19C) and a light but constant drizzling of rain.

I adore it!

We're having some lovely English weather here today. Sixty-six degrees (that's 19C) and a light but constant drizzling of rain.

I adore it!

It's pretty much the same here, but replace the rain with fog.

• Like 1

I adore it!

I like that, too.

• Like 1

I adore it!

I like that, too.

We sure loved it back in high school,

We could go out on to the football practice field and get :smoke: The school security guys would never see us. :D :7up:

• Like 1