Summer 2015

Disk98

Hasn't been very hot yet in Chicago, but damn has it been rainy. June has looked like a stereotypical April in terms of rain. So it has interfered with some of my outdoor plans.

That said, I'll take rain over 20 inches of snow anytime. ANYTIME.

Its opposite for me,

Never ending rain is depressing. At least with snow you can do stuff like ski. :D-13:

Hasn't been very hot yet in Chicago, but damn has it been rainy. June has looked like a stereotypical April in terms of rain. So it has interfered with some of my outdoor plans.

Its opposite for me,

Never ending rain is depressing. At least with snow you can do stuff like ski. :D-13:

Maybe in a place like Alaska. In Chicago, all it does is turn your 30-minute work commute into a 3-hour commute.

• Like 1

Its opposite for me,

Maybe in a place like Alaska. In Chicago, all it does is turn your 30-minute work commute into a 3-hour commute.

I understand that,

We have our crazy days as well. I just meant out of the two I would rather have snow. I hate constant rain.

• Like 1

France doesn't have extremes in heat/cold like we do.

You are welcome to come to my neck of the woods and experience 105 degrees without air conditioning.

My nephew is visiting from Oregon this week and he said he was glad to get out of there because it was supposed to be 108.

He's right. Give him your rain and tell him to bring it back here.

He's looking forward to the thunderstorms. Is it true you don't have thunder out there like we do here?

You are welcome to come to my neck of the woods and experience 105 degrees without air conditioning.

My nephew is visiting from Oregon this week and he said he was glad to get out of there because it was supposed to be 108.

He's looking forward to the thunderstorms. Is it true you don't have thunder out there like we do here?

i don't know what your thunder sounds like in the Pittsburgh area, only in the NYC metro area, but however it sounds, I have noticed a change in the sound of thunder out here since last year. It's rolling thunder. Really loud too. Starts at one end and travels across the sky. Some of it is downright scary. :scared:

i don't know what your thunder sounds like in the Pittsburgh area, only in the NYC metro area, but however it sounds, I have noticed a change in the sound of thunder out here since last year. It's rolling thunder. Really loud too. Starts at one end and travels across the sky. Some of it is downright scary. :scared:

I've heard several people mention that they don't have the long rolling thunders in on the west coast like they do on the east coast. Not sure why. That's interesting.

The storms out here that frighten me the most are the ones with no rain, just thunder and lightening. I'd rather a downpour than that. I'm always fearful of fires.

That is exactly what has happened here this month,

It has started many fires around the state. We finally had some rain and cooler temps. which have been a major relief.

• Like 1

On top of the heat, we have an infestation of what I think are box elder bugs. All over the screens in the kitchen and living room. When I kill a bunch of them, I come back ten minutes later and there's a whole new bunch of them. Raid doesn't seem to do much. I'm not even sure they are box elders.

This is a first for us. It's always something. :(

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

On top of the heat, we have an infestation of what I think are box elder bugs. All over the screens in the kitchen and living room. When I kill a bunch of them, I come back ten minutes later and there's a whole new bunch of them. Raid doesn't seem to do much. I'm not even sure they are box elders.

This is a first for us. It's always something. :(

What is an elder bug?

Today it is 100.

Tomorrow it will be from 104 - 106.

I know some here really like the heat, but dear me.......

I am up north of you in Oroville and it's blazing hot. PA Springs was tolerable, but here with the humidity it's tough. We did have a great lightning show last night. Absolutely beautiful over the lake!

The storms out here that frighten me the most are the ones with no rain, just thunder and lightening. I'd rather a downpour than that. I'm always fearful of fires.

That is exactly what has happened here this month,

It has started many fires around the state. We finally had some rain and cooler temps. which have been a major relief.

Ee got a few small fires from last night, but nothing serious so far.

Since this is the summer complaint thread, here I go......

105 degrees yesterday, and it got down to a whopping 80 last night. For northeastern Washington, that is both unusual and HOT! Sleeping was awful.

Don't ask how we got through yesterday, but we did. On top of the heat, our toilet clogged. Then, our front door panel swelled and we couldn't close the front door! So, we had to take care of those things. In the heat.

However, the 93 predicted today is, believe it or not, a welcome relief. We have broken all of the records for June since temperatures were first recorded out here in the late 1800's.

I'm not sure what this "heat" is you all are speaking of.

Here in San Francisco we have our typical summer weather--overcast, grey, foggy in places, and barely into the 60sF.

I HATE SF weather.

105 degrees yesterday, and it got down to a whopping 80 last night. For northeastern Washington, that is both unusual and HOT! Sleeping was awful.

Don't ask how we got through yesterday, but we did. On top of the heat, our toilet clogged. Then, our front door panel swelled and we couldn't close the front door! So, we had to take care of those things. In the heat.

However, the 93 predicted today is, believe it or not, a welcome relief. We have broken all of the records for June since temperatures were first recorded out here in the late 1800's.

You got your wish twofold, Lorraine. Not only are there cooler temperatures, but it's raining...up uere any way. Any rain in Spokane?
  • Like 1

You got your wish twofold, Lorraine. Not only are there cooler temperatures, but it's raining...up uere any way. Any rain in Spokane?

A few drops this morning, and it's mostly cloudy, but no real rain predicted to show up. i wish it would clear up because it is the cloud coverage that is holding the heat in. That's why it was so hot last night here. Usually, with our ten percent humidity in the summer, our nights are cool, but you already know that!!! :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Edited by Lorraine

Apparently, we're going to see as much as 43 °C (109.4 °F) in 2 days in my hometown in France :sundog:

I thought France didn't have extreme heat like that? At least that's what I read in some biographies. They said one of the things that was hardest for the French to adapt to when they came to the USA was the extreme cold and extreme heat.

Apparently, we're going to see as much as 43 °C (109.4 °F) in 2 days in my hometown in France :sundog:

I thought France didn't have extreme heat like that? At least that's what I read in some biographies. They said one of the things that was hardest for the French to adapt to when they came to the USA was the extreme cold and extreme heat.

I don't know, it may be true. Last time we had weather as hot as what we're soon going to have was in 2003 and they talked about it a lot on television back then so it's not the typical french summer.

Edited by Tuesday's Gone
  • Like 1