Show Seven Reveal Thread - Houston, TX - May 20th

408 replies to this topic

#381 presto123

presto123

The Professor

• Members
  • 3406 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:43 PM

Burn the full youtube Tulsa show and watch it. It will give you a hell of a fix for missing tonight.

Sponsored Post

#382 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 74241 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

View PostLorraine, on 20 May 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 20 May 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Well...hello everyone!  Greetings from Aspen Park where the Carson Valley Giants are about to take on the Carson Valley Cardinals.  It just stopped raining and it looks like we'll be playing ball.  Enjoy the  show!

Have a good time, Goose!  :hi:
Thanks, Lorraine.  The hilight was my son dancing around  in center field because he had to pee.  He got an ovation when they subbed him out.

Edited by goose, 20 May 2015 - 10:45 PM.

#383 longhorn90

longhorn90

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:50 PM

Just got back from Toyota Center.  Me and a bud got the gold VIP and our seats were 10th row center.  We were close enough to feel the bass drum thud in our chests.  We lucked out and another friend of mine had gotten a catered suite and invited us.  Free booze and grub and kickass parking.  Definitely my personal best start for a Rush show.

The arena was packed and the crowd was energetic.  Houston definitely brought the A game as well did Rush.  It was my ninth time and the best I've seen.  Highlights were Jacob's Ladder, Cygnus X-1 and Xanadu.  The first set was a great primer fir the main course.  Alex aced his solos especially in Jacob's Ladder and all of Xanadu.  Geddy was fantastic and the tone on the Rick was insane.  Neil was excellent too of course and the chrome kit was awesome.

#384 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 74241 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:58 PM

View Postlonghorn90, on 20 May 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

Just got back from Toyota Center.  Me and a bud got the gold VIP and our seats were 10th row center.  We were close enough to feel the bass drum thud in our chests.  We lucked out and another friend of mine had gotten a catered suite and invited us.  Free booze and grub and kickass parking.  Definitely my personal best start for a Rush show.

The arena was packed and the crowd was energetic.  Houston definitely brought the A game as well did Rush.  It was my ninth time and the best I've seen.  Highlights were Jacob's Ladder, Cygnus X-1 and Xanadu.  The first set was a great primer fir the main course.  Alex aced his solos especially in Jacob's Ladder and all of Xanadu.  Geddy was fantastic and the tone on the Rick was insane.  Neil was excellent too of course and the chrome kit was awesome.
Great review!

#385 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21971 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:00 AM

View Postlonghorn90, on 20 May 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

Glad to hear especially about Alex. Sounds like things are looking up. Sounds like you had a great time. :)

#386 beerdband

beerdband

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:35 AM

I got back, Alex is back! Also idk if its me, but they were louder than usual. On the plus side, Geds voice was amazing till it was worn out from 2112. Still better than previous tours afterward.

#387 Merely Space

Merely Space

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3952 posts
  • Interests:Acting, music, gaming, model making, military history.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

Wow!  What a show!  Definitely louder than Austin.  Sat much further back (lower prom right of center) and could really enjoy the light show.  Howard did an amazing job.

#388 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14600 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' the man down.
    Knocking before I enter.
    Sweeping up after it's all over!

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:41 AM

View Postgoose, on 20 May 2015 - 10:44 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 20 May 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 20 May 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

Well...hello everyone!  Greetings from Aspen Park where the Carson Valley Giants are about to take on the Carson Valley Cardinals.  It just stopped raining and it looks like we'll be playing ball.  Enjoy the  show!

Have a good time, Goose!  :hi:
Thanks, Lorraine.  The hilight was my son dancing around  in center field because he had to pee.  He got an ovation when they subbed him out.
That's hilarious...did you get that dance on video? Be great to bring that out when he's older

#389 NathanT37

NathanT37

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

That show was amazing last night!  Took my dad he loved it.

#390 longhorn90

longhorn90

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:30 AM

View Postbeerdband, on 21 May 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

I got back, Alex is back! Also idk if its me, but they were louder than usual. On the plus side, Geds voice was amazing till it was worn out from 2112. Still better than previous tours afterward.
Alex is definitely back.  He was killing it in Houston.

#391 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 49974 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

Did Geddy make a joke when he said Hello Houston?

#392 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 28048 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:37 AM

Did catherine ever say hi?... :unsure:

#393 Relayer2112

Relayer2112

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

I believe he said something to the tune of "I'm now batting .500 when it comes to city names".  He definitely acknowledged the mistake.

#394 Merely Space

Merely Space

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3952 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostLorraine, on 21 May 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

He also said "this is Houston, right?"

#395 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 49974 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostRelayer2112, on 21 May 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

I believe he said something to the tune of "I'm now batting .500 when it comes to city names".  He definitely acknowledged the mistake.

View PostMerely Space, on 21 May 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

I knew he would.  They like to poke fun at themselves.  :)

#396 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 49974 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:53 AM

View PostNarps, on 21 May 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

Not to my knowledge, Narps.  

Do you think it was something you said?  :unsure:

#397 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 28048 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostLorraine, on 21 May 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostNarps, on 21 May 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

Not to my knowledge, Narps.  

Do you think it was something you said?  :unsure:
I certainly hope not... :)

#398 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 49974 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

View Postcatherine, on 20 May 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Hi everyone! I just had to check in and see what's up. Did I miss anything spectacular? I can't find an active feed ATM. Do you all have a link?

Sorry I missed the other night. I am travelng a lot lately and actually have to hit the road early tomorrow so can't stay for both sets.

Here you go Narps.   She said hello to "everyone."  It is safe to assume that would include you as well!  :)

You are welcome.

#399 Merely Space

Merely Space

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3952 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostLorraine, on 21 May 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostRelayer2112, on 21 May 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

View PostMerely Space, on 21 May 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

I knew he would.  They like to poke fun at themselves.  :)

He seemed pretty amused about the whole thing.  I can't help but think there was a huge-ass "HOUSTON" sign facing him on his keyboard.

#400 x1yyz

x1yyz

The Shark Whisperer

• Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:19 PM

View Postamalignantfarcry, on 20 May 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

For those complaining about Texas getting too many shows...you are aware of the size of the state, right? They could still play El Paso, San Antonio, Lubbock, and Midland/Odessa and STILL not play within 150 miles of each other. From Louisiana to the border of New Mexico by El Paso you're talking 13-14 hours across.

That's so much better than California.  The closest show to me (in San Francisco, a big city!) is 50 miles away, and the next closest is 400 miles south.  Going north, the next closest is over 600 miles away   :(

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users