Golden Boy Tom Brady suspended four games

Looks like Tom Brady will serve a suspension after all. The appeals court ruled in the NFL's favor this morning and reinstituted the suspension.

Word is they will finally accept what they deserve and play the first four games with Garrapollo at QB.

• Like 1

Looks like Tom Brady will serve a suspension after all. The appeals court ruled in the NFL's favor this morning and reinstituted the suspension.

Word is they will finally accept what they deserve and play the first four games with Garrapollo at QB.

Agree. Karma. And as I said in the other thread:

The court is simply clarifying that based on the CBA the Commish is within his rights to levy such a penalty. They should have never collectively bargained it if they suspected it would lead to the Commissioner having too much power, which certainly they had to have considered. How many lawyers on behalf of the players poured over this when they last agreed to a CBA...? ;) So basically they don't mind giving him this status, they just don't ever want him to be able to use it. :D

From what I understand Brady's only hope now is the US Supreme Court who will likely never take the case. Time to eat your crow, Tom.

• Like 5

Agree. Karma. And as I said in the other thread:

The court is simply clarifying that based on the CBA the Commish is within his rights to levy such a penalty. They should have never collectively bargained it if they suspected it would lead to the Commissioner having too much power, which certainly they had to have considered. How many lawyers on behalf of the players poured over this when they last agreed to a CBA...? ;) So basically they don't mind giving him this status, they just don't ever want him to be able to use it. :D

From what I understand Brady's only hope now is the US Supreme Court who will likely never take the case. Time to eat your crow, Tom.

He can ask the entire Second Circuit, referred to as en banc, to review the decision. Considering that the chief sided with Brady, and laid into Goodell in his dissent, I'd say the chances are 50/50.

I don't understand why, Brady just does not take his medicine?

Destroying the phone was enough regardless of his involvement with deflategate.

This will become a distraction sooner than later.

You would think Robert Kraft would just tell him to sit and get ready for game five.

• Like 1

It's been said before EVERY SINGLE team cheats some way more than others just take a look for your team.....

http://yourteamcheats.com

Interesting that the Patriots are marked as such:

"the PATRIOTS are TOUCH BELOW AVERAGE NFL cheaters!"

Except that the vast majority of what is in there isn't cheating. Remember, words have meanings.

• Like 1

Finally some justice. But only 4 games though?? Ray Rice got 2 for cold-cocking his woman in the elevator... seems about right.

This should have been at least 6 games.

Nah 6 would not have. Been enough either.....more like 8 games half a season would've been just right. Listen to this former qb for the Eagles....

http://yourteamcheats.com/

dumbest scandal ever--

Deflategate (2004) flag

TEAM: The Philadelphia Eagles

SEVERITY:scale

SUMMARY: Ex-Eagles and retired Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Blake confessed in an interview that removing air from footballs was common when he played in the NFL from 1992-2005.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," the ex-Eagles QB said Wednesday in a radio interview on the "Midday 180" show on Nashville's 104.5 The Zone. "Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard.

"Everybody puts the pin in and takes just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat. So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."

Blake says that he'd order ball boys to let air out of his footballs just before the start of games during his entire NFL career, which included time with the Eagles in 2004.

Looks like Tom Brady will sit 4 games after all?

Last try will be the Supreme Court and I personally doubt they hear the case.

Here comes Garrapolo.

SC better not waste time on this. 4 games is a joke, but at this point, just deal with it

If they do hear this case: the important thing will not be the result of the suspension, it will be to set a somewhat important precedent regarding the role of arbitration in our legal system. In my eyes, there does seem to be a need for judicial review on that front.

If the language used in the CBA means that one party is unilaterally allowed to decide the terms of the contract (as Goodell was unilaterally allowed to define what fair arbitration was), avoiding any legal challenge to that; then I think that it's important for everyone know that they should avoid such language. Supreme precedent would prevent these issues in the future.

Edited by KenJennings

SC better not waste time on this. 4 games is a joke, but at this point, just deal with it

If they do hear this case: the important thing will not be the result of the suspension, it will be to set a somewhat important precedent regarding the role of arbitration in our legal system. In my eyes, there does seem to be a need for judicial review on that front.

If the language used in the CBA means that one party is unilaterally allowed to decide the terms of the contract (as Goodell was unilaterally allowed to define what fair arbitration was), avoiding any legal challenge to that; then I think that it's important for everyone know that they should avoid such language. Supreme precedent would prevent these issues in the future.

I would hope the SC had more important things to worry about, but I definitely see your point

I doubt that SCOTUS will waste their time on this. Look, it's time for Tom Terrific to put on his big boy pants and take his medicine. This could have been over a year ago and here we still are. I realize that in addition to clearing his name he might hope to kick this can down the road so far he retires before forced to serve :P but it's time to get it off THEIR plate. It's a distraction. Put in Janeane Garofalo or whatever and get it over with. They'll be fine. Even if they shit the bed they'll win TWO of those games and then pretty boy has 12 games to get them 10 more wins and a 12-4 season, another division title, and one of the two byes. Pretty much a normal year.

Enough already...

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 1

I doubt that SCOTUS will waste their time on this. Look, it's time for Tom Terrific to put on his big boy pants and take his medicine. This could have been over a year ago and here we still are. I realize that in addition to clearing his name he might hope to kick this can down the road so far he retires before forced to serve :P but it's time to get it off THEIR plate. It's a distraction. Put in Janeane Garofalo or whatever and get it over with. They'll be fine. Even if they shit the bed they'll win TWO of those games and then pretty boy has 12 games to get them 10 more wins and a 12-4 season, another division title, and one of the two byes. Pretty much a normal year.

Enough already...

Yes I say let it go now. However knowing TB's competitive nature he might just peruse this as far as it will go. Their first 4 games are tough and if they can come out of the 4 with .500 record that would be very good. We shall see though what if G goes 4-0 it could be that Brady gets the same treatment as he gave to Bledsoe.

I'm predicting as the season draws closer around Labor Day, NFL will lower suspension to 2 Games

Reason: To make the league look good. And ratings

Also Week 3 Houston @ New England - Primetime Thursday night.

NFL knows no 1 wants to see Osweiler vs Garrapolo

NE opens @ Arizona -ALSO Primetime Sept 11....Pats are then HOME to Fish

It does no one any good to bring Brady back in Week 5- @ Cleveland/ Regional telecast

They will want JJ Watt vs. Brady...plus Osweiler beat Pats last year with Brady........

Tom deciding to drop suit means NFL won, they will cave and NBC needs them to

That's the folly of Brady's court challenge. The whole point of arbitration is that people can agree to certain sets of rules outside of government interference and reduce the costs of doing business. The chilling effect on business and the disastrous effect on the courts of a Brady win makes it nearly impossible that SCOTUS would even entertain this ridiculous appeal unless they just wanted to stomp it dead. However, there is nothing novel in the case to decide, so SCOTUS won't touch it.

That's the folly of Brady's court challenge. The whole point of arbitration is that people can agree to certain sets of rules outside of government interference and reduce the costs of doing business. The chilling effect on business and the disastrous effect on the courts of a Brady win makes it nearly impossible that SCOTUS would even entertain this ridiculous appeal unless they just wanted to stomp it dead. However, there is nothing novel in the case to decide, so SCOTUS won't touch it.

There's no contract that should be above a challenge in the court of law. Arbitration can be agreed upon, but if either party believes that arbitration is not conducted within the terms of the contract, it should be subject to legal review.

There's no contract that should be above a challenge in the court of law. Arbitration can be agreed upon, but if either party believes that arbitration is not conducted within the terms of the contract, it should be subject to legal review.

Don't you think both sides have lawyers who read over contracts before signing?