Xanadu

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Poll: Xanadu (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like Xanadu?

1. Yes (68 votes [97.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 97.14%

2. No (2 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 28048 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostLedRush, on 19 March 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 19 March 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

View PostLedRush, on 19 March 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

I don't know...this song is too boring in the beginning and seems to be just for burnt out hash heads stuck in the 70s.  The guitars later on scare me, and I don't like that I have to have patience to allow the song to develop or that the song requires my attention for more than 6 minutes.  If it weren't for the geriatrics on this board, we probably would never have to suffer through this song live.
You need to dine on some honey dew.

He needs to stop smoking that stuff he smokes and clear his head is what he needs.

Would it have helped if I had put a winky smiley face at the end?  I was trying to channel the people who love to hate on the pre-PeW era Rush.
Yes... ;)

Sponsored Post

#42 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 20890 posts
  • Interests:Music, music, music, politics, literature

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:49 PM

I don't know...this song is too boring in the beginning and seems to be just for burnt out hash heads stuck in the 70s.  The guitars later on scare me, and I don't like that I have to have patience to allow the song to develop or that the song requires my attention for more than 6 minutes.  If it weren't for the geriatrics on this board, we probably would never have to suffer through this song live.

:o

Surely you jest!

#43 Blue J

Blue J

Official SOCN Designated Driver

• Members *
  • 20890 posts
  • Interests:Music, music, music, politics, literature

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

View PostLedRush, on 19 March 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

He needs to stop smoking that stuff he smokes and clear his head is what he needs.

Would it have helped if I had put a winky smiley face at the end?  I was trying to channel the people who love to hate on the pre-PeW era Rush.

Winkies always help.  How well I know how easily mistaken a post can be if one does not include an appropriate emoticon!  :) ;)

I thought my views on epic-era Rush were well known enough that no one could possibly take my post seriously.  I mean, The Necromancer is my favorite song and CoS my favorite album, after all.

See, there we go. I knew it!

#44 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 28048 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

Winkies always help.  How well I know how easily mistaken a post can be if one does not include an appropriate emoticon!  :) ;)
:ph34r: :sigh: ... Sorry. No roses since then either and you certainly deserve some... :)

#45 LedRush

LedRush

The Counterparts Remain The Same

• Members *
  • 28793 posts
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

View Postgeddylennon, on 19 March 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

People hate pre-PeW Rush?!? That's even a thing?!? Okay, they need the honeydew and milk of paradise shoved up their noses...

Indeed...you should read the "least glorious to ???" threads.

#46 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53361 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostLedRush, on 19 March 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

I thought my views on epic-era Rush were well known enough that no one could possibly take my post seriously.  I mean, The Necromancer is my favorite song and CoS my favorite album, after all.

I'll try to commit that to memory, but I guaranty nothing at my age!  :codger:

#47 greg2112

greg2112

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2915 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:57 PM

The greatest Rush song of all.

#48 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53361 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:58 PM

Zumbi, don't you want to see at least one poll where we all agree?

#49 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 7015 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:07 PM

The lyric should have been "for I have dined on mountain dew and chocolate milk of paradise."

#50 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53361 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

:scared:

#51 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 41169 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostYYZumbi, on 19 March 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

Hate it, it's terrible!
I'm not saying I wouldn't slow down to a stop while driving through a cross walk you're in but geez man...

#52 tx_rush

tx_rush

I am Cornholio!

• Members *
  • 5948 posts
  • Interests:playing music, baseball, fishing, hunting

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostNarpsberg, on 19 March 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

Maybe I should have made it a thirty years and older (got you in there, Mick!  ;)) poll?  It seems to me that most here under that age have very different taste in music.
It shows up every day. bathory seems to be one of the lone exceptions. Dude has good taste especially given his age... :codger:

Ahem....(cough cough)

#53 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 7015 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting and recording, cycling, movies, guitar and bass collecting

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

Farewell to Kings Ambassador has the power to strike Zumbi's vote from the record, since by his own admission it is not a serious vote but he is refusing to remove the no vote out of some pranksterish impulse.

#54 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53361 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

It is unfortunate but the only chance Rush fans have of agreeing on any song is to choose a song from the seventies (that would include Permanent Waves ;) ).  Once we go past that time in Rush history, things get spotty.  Not even everyone here likes Tom Sawyer :o .

#55 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53361 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 March 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Farewell to Kings Ambassador has the power to strike Zumbi's vote from the record, since by his own admission it is not a serious vote but he is refusing to remove the no vote out of some pranksterish impulse.

I make a motion to include Zumbi in the 90%!

#56 toymaker

toymaker

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 7015 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

second.

#57 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 53361 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 March 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

second.

Wonderful!  Then, without further ado..................................................

Zumbi, you are a jerk!

#58 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 41169 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:20 PM

So what dies that mean and accomplish?

#59 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 22003 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

View Posttoymaker, on 19 March 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

The lyric should have been "for I have dined on mountain dew and chocolate milk of paradise."

I'm down for that. :D

#60 YYZumbi

YYZumbi

Swedish Gedneck

• Members *
  • 19596 posts
  • Interests:Vinyl records and music in general.

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostLorraine, on 19 March 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

View Posttoymaker, on 19 March 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

second.

Wonderful!  Then, without further ado..................................................

Zumbi, you are a jerk!

After all I have done for you, and you call me a jerk...? Thanks.... Then I know that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users