The Fountain Of Lamneth VS 2112 VS Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

YYZumbi

65 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best song between these three?

• The Fountain Of Lamneth
    • Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres

Hemispheres

Fountain Of Lamneth (highly, highly overrated).

Edited by Todem

Personally, I am finding it hard to fathom liking 2112 over Hemispheres, but to each his own.

2112 is a haymaker.

Hemispheres is amazing too. But as a side long epic falls just short of 2112. The urgency and passion of 2112 oozes out of the speakers. Yet I have Hemispheres as an album ranked far higher than 2112.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Personally, I am finding it hard to fathom liking 2112 over Hemispheres, but to each his own.

2112 is a haymaker.

Hemispheres is amazing too. But as a side long epic falls just short of 2112. The urgency and passion of 2112 oozes out of the speakers. Yet I have Hemispheres as an album ranked far higher than 2112.

In your opinion.

And I don't share it.

Edited by Lorraine

2112 is a haymaker.

In your opinion.

And I don't share it.

Yes, I think it's the "urgency and passion" as noted by Todem that really seals the deal for me. :cheers:

It's not that I find fault in Hemispheres.

This is one thing I like about TRF--often there is someone who shares one's own opinion, but also the opportunity to see a different perspective through someone who disagrees!

• Like 1

2112 is a haymaker.

In your opinion.

And I don't share it.

Yes, I think it's the "urgency and passion" as noted by Todem that really seals the deal for me. :cheers:

It's not that I find fault in Hemispheres.

This is one thing I like about TRF--often there is someone who shares one's own opinion, but also the opportunity to see a different perspective through someone who disagrees!

Good for you! :)

• Like 2

2112 is a haymaker.

Maybe "oozes" isn't the best word choice to make your point . . . compare the power of an orga a sneeze compared to just, say, a leaky nose. Or insert your own analogy.

• Like 1

2112 is a haymaker.

Maybe "oozes" isn't the best word choice to make your point . . . compare the power of an orga a sneeze compared to just, say, a leaky nose. Or insert your own analogy.

"Burps" would be a better word.

This is like discussing d you want a BMW or a Mercedes.

Both are top notch prog epics.

Edited by Todem

Overrated Hemispheres is distant third.

Ouch.

To each his own, of course...but what do you find substandard about it?

Easy answer: That epic is musically solid, but I can never understand such a big fuss aboit it. First 4 minutes of epic are superb, after that song goes into repetition and get uninspired. Too long song, but not much diversity and interesting and exciting melodies. Overrated by Rush and prog fans!