• The Spirit of Radio
    • The Big Money
    • Force Ten
    • Dreamline
    • Tom Sawyer
    • The R30 Overture
    • Limelight
    • Subdivisions

Already said, but I think TSOR is the quintessential opener. Everyone knows it and it gets the crowd involved immediately.

That said, I really loved it when they opened with Limelight and with Subdivisions... particularly Subdivisions. During the CA tour, there was a guy sitting behind me who was in his 30s and was at his first ever show. After those first notes hit and he realized it was Subdivisions, he very emotionally said, "Oh... OH!... HELL yeah!"

*That* moment alone was worth the price of the ticket.

• Like 2

Already said, but I think TSOR is the quintessential opener. Everyone knows it and it gets the crowd involved immediately.

That said, I really loved it when they opened with Limelight and with Subdivisions... particularly Subdivisions. During the CA tour, there was a guy sitting behind me who was in his 30s and was at his first ever show. After those first notes hit and he realized it was Subdivisions, he very emotionally said, "Oh... OH!... HELL yeah!"

*That* moment alone was worth the price of the ticket.

Cool story. :)

Tom Sawyer.

Again I go back to the memory of my first Rush show during the Vapor Trails tour. The place was pitch black, and they didn't open so much as erupt in a single explosive moment. I've said it before, it was incredibly emotional for me. It was like watching the greatest magic trick in history, one moment it's dark, there's nothing, the next... :rush:

Edited by Snyder80
  • Like 2

Bastille Day is my favourite opener. Probably because ATWAS was the first Rush album I heard and it made such an impression on me. I'm ancient enough to have seen them live when they still opened with this song, and it was a storming way to begin a show.
  • Like 2

Bastille Day is my favourite opener. Probably because ATWAS was the first Rush album I heard and it made such an impression on me. I'm ancient enough to have seen them live when they still opened with this song, and it was a storming way to begin a show.

My man!! Love the user name. My favorite cartoon character all time and I most certainly love your thoughts in this post. Welcome to the TRF as I roll out the red carpet. Don't be a stranger.... :cheers: Edited by Narpski

Tom Sawyer. What Snyder said. Plus, it's GREAT to know it won't be the last song of the 2nd set, or in the encore............which opened up more surprises towards the end of the show.

I think they should downtune it a couple of octaves so Geddy can sing it like Barry White. :)

• Like 1

Tom Sawyer. What Snyder said. Plus, it's GREAT to know it won't be the last song of the 2nd set, or in the encore............which opened up more surprises towards the end of the show.

I think they should downtune it a couple of octaves so Geddy can sing it like Barry White. :)

I can hear it now. Can't you? :)

Having a little bit of trouble with that. :LOL:

Suave and smooth.

• Like 1

That sounds more like some kind of alien rather than Barry White. :LOL:

I always marveled at how the first song of each live album was the first song off the third album in the series...

Bastille Day

The Spirit of Radio

The Big Money

Dreamline

For that reason I was always waiting for Animate to open the show. I still think that would be a great opener.

Bastille Day for me, inspired by the ATWAS live album of course. That is how you open a show :cool:

Although I doubt it would have the same kind of impact if they played it today as an opener.

• Like 1

I would like to see Caravan as an opener. That would be beyond awesome.

It did open the second set this last tour. So that almost counts. :)