Jump to content


Paying on dates


  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 Narps

Narps

    Official TRF Pace Car Driver

  • Members
  • 27723 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Myrtle Beach SC
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 13 October 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostJARG, on 13 October 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 11 October 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 11 October 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Wow.  No wonder some of you are single.

Quote

I know it's probably common knowledge that the man pays, or the one who invites on the date. But I'm into equality so she can pay for her own food.

Quote

I'll pay for dinner if she provides dessert.

I actually paid on my last date ;). I'm a generous person except when people seem to demand it from me.

Besides there are a thousand reasons to why I'm single.

And one really small one. ;)
:laughing guy:

Sponsored Post

#62 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

View Postx1yyz, on 13 October 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 13 October 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

View PostJanie, on 13 October 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 October 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 October 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 October 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 12 October 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

View Postumoveme, on 11 October 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

The inviter should pay....... Then receive oral.

Seems fair

Come to think of it, I know a certain young lady who owes me a blowjob then!
I usually keep quiet when threads get like this, but you know something?  What you wrote is offensive.

But you didn't find what Umoveme wrote offensive?

I didn't mean to offend anyone.
I was not sure what she meant by that.  And I wasn't interested enough to find out.

It was pretty obvious.

I was in a bad mood when I made my first post in here, which I probably shouldn't have. I tried to change it by being witty. Obviously I failed. I'm not the kind who intentionally seek to offend people here, and I think my history proves it. Nonetheless I have offended you and for that I'm sorry.

It may be obvious to you, but I am not in my early twenties, and I don't hob-nob with women that generally talk like that, so I wouldn't know the latest crudities being used.  

Thank you for your apology.  :)
I truly am curious if and how the dating rules have changed. Like I said, I prefer that the man asks for and pays for the first three dates. Are all dates supposed to be dutch these days? Does this mean that funny business can happen on date #1 or date #2?

Depends on the situation,

I would never expect a woman to pay. If things go well later on and she offers then I would take that as a good sign. :D

I would always offer to pay because I never wanted to presume (but would always appreciate it when the guy paid anyhow).  The exception would be is if I had zero interest in another date—then I would pay my share to make sure nothing was "expected," either that night or in the future.

I should have added if there were any future dates with the person. :D

#63 Cyclonus X-1

Cyclonus X-1

    Yurts >>>>>>> Gers

  • Members *
  • 61637 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Music, literature, sports.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:49 PM

View PostJanie, on 13 October 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 October 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 October 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 October 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 12 October 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

View Postumoveme, on 11 October 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

The inviter should pay....... Then receive oral.

Seems fair

Come to think of it, I know a certain young lady who owes me a blowjob then!
I usually keep quiet when threads get like this, but you know something?  What you wrote is offensive.

But you didn't find what Umoveme wrote offensive?

I didn't mean to offend anyone.
I was not sure what she meant by that.  And I wasn't interested enough to find out.

It was pretty obvious.

I was in a bad mood when I made my first post in here, which I probably shouldn't have. I tried to change it by being witty. Obviously I failed. I'm not the kind who intentionally seek to offend people here, and I think my history proves it. Nonetheless I have offended you and for that I'm sorry.

It may be obvious to you, but I am not in my early twenties, and I don't hob-nob with women that generally talk like that, so I wouldn't know the latest crudities being used.  

Thank you for your apology.  :)
I truly am curious if and how the dating rules have changed. Like I said, I prefer that the man asks for and pays for the first three dates. Are all dates supposed to be dutch these days? Does this mean that funny business can happen on date #1 or date #2?

I'm not sure myself what the generally acknowledged rules are, but I do always offer to pay.  I don't really have any sort of policy in regards to how far things can go, but historically, a lot more happens on first dates with girls I've already known for a while than with ones who are still fairly new to me.

#64 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

    The Dane of the Culinary Arts

  • Members *
  • 6126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm right here.
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:15 PM

View PostJARG, on 13 October 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 11 October 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 11 October 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Wow.  No wonder some of you are single.

Quote

I know it's probably common knowledge that the man pays, or the one who invites on the date. But I'm into equality so she can pay for her own food.

Quote

I'll pay for dinner if she provides dessert.

I actually paid on my last date ;). I'm a generous person except when people seem to demand it from me.

Besides there are a thousand reasons to why I'm single.

And one really small one. ;)

What, the size of my wallet? ;)

#65 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24293 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:47 AM

View PostJanie, on 13 October 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 13 October 2014 - 02:45 PM, said:

View PostThatLightInYourEyes, on 13 October 2014 - 02:41 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 October 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 October 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 13 October 2014 - 01:57 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 12 October 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

View Postumoveme, on 11 October 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

The inviter should pay....... Then receive oral.

Seems fair

Come to think of it, I know a certain young lady who owes me a blowjob then!
I usually keep quiet when threads get like this, but you know something?  What you wrote is offensive.

But you didn't find what Umoveme wrote offensive?

I didn't mean to offend anyone.
I was not sure what she meant by that.  And I wasn't interested enough to find out.

It was pretty obvious.

I was in a bad mood when I made my first post in here, which I probably shouldn't have. I tried to change it by being witty. Obviously I failed. I'm not the kind who intentionally seek to offend people here, and I think my history proves it. Nonetheless I have offended you and for that I'm sorry.

It may be obvious to you, but I am not in my early twenties, and I don't hob-nob with women that generally talk like that, so I wouldn't know the latest crudities being used.  

Thank you for your apology.  :)

I guess I'm lucky that my maturity level is stunted by about ten years. :gumby:

Let's all go out,

Who is paying? :huh: :D :7up:
There's quite a few of us in this thread and we've sort of determined that the man pays, so you will be paying. Also, consider that you must pay for three dates AND have the energy leftover to roll around with... what, five of us?

Posted Image

#66 JimboWTF

JimboWTF

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 166 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Central Florida

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

In this new sensitive world, the inviter should pay for the invitee.

This solves the issues with all the different varying combinations in the world today.

M/F
F/M
M/M
F/F
M/T   T = Trans
T/M
F/T
T/F
T/T
MIF/M   (Male Indentifying as Female)
MIF/F
MIF/T
MIF/MIF
MIF/FIM (Female Indetifying as Male)
FIM/M
FIM/F
FIM/T
FIM/MIF
FIM/FIM

I am sure I forgot some combo.

Edited by JimboWTF, 14 October 2014 - 09:49 AM.


#67 umoveme

umoveme

    California Sundress SILLY

  • Members *
  • 4266 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California foothills
  • Interests:music, fishing, hiking in the Sierras, dog training, traveling, being creative...

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:35 AM

I'm offended that you didn't include female identifying as a male lesbian transgender female.

#68 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 83652 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:34 PM

View Postumoveme, on 14 October 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

I'm offended that you didn't include female identifying as a male lesbian transgender female.
Is that you then? :16ton:

#69 umoveme

umoveme

    California Sundress SILLY

  • Members *
  • 4266 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California foothills
  • Interests:music, fishing, hiking in the Sierras, dog training, traveling, being creative...

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:17 PM

I'm not going to answer that. I don't like labels.

#70 Lost In Xanadu

Lost In Xanadu

    Coach Cheesehead

  • Members
  • 21420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lost in Xanadu (aka WI)
  • Interests:Drinking, smoking, drugs, Justin Bieber, lying on the internet.

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image

#71 Maverick

Maverick

    SWEDGIN!

  • Members *
  • 24293 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Low Earth Orbit
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostLost In Xanadu, on 14 October 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

Posted Image

Perfect!

#72 savagegrace26

savagegrace26

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 5613 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hell
  • Interests:film, photography, chaos...

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:00 PM

I've been on a couple of "dates" or whatever where the dumb bitches directly told me to pay for their drinks or gave me hostility if I didn't offer like "expected". I could elaborate on these but I'll just sum it up with a "f*ck that". I'll pay for stuff if I want to not if it's an obligation.

Edited by savagegrace26, 15 October 2014 - 06:01 PM.


#73 x1yyz

x1yyz

    The Shark Whisperer

  • Members
  • 8821 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Oakland, CA
  • Interests:Stuff. And things.

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:59 PM

View PostJimboWTF, on 14 October 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

In this new sensitive world, the inviter should pay for the invitee.

This solves the issues with all the different varying combinations in the world today.

M/F
F/M
M/M
F/F
M/T   T = Trans
T/M
F/T
T/F
T/T
MIF/M   (Male Indentifying as Female)
MIF/F
MIF/T
MIF/MIF
MIF/FIM (Female Indetifying as Male)
FIM/M
FIM/F
FIM/T
FIM/MIF
FIM/FIM

I am sure I forgot some combo.

What about dates where there are more than two people involved?

#74 ILSnwdog

ILSnwdog

    King Of Car Porn

  • Members *
  • 50024 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Interests:My kids. Music. Cars. Sports. Snowmobiling. Just about anything outdoors.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

View Postumoveme, on 11 October 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

The inviter should pay....... Then receive oral.
What are you doing for dinner on Friday?  :unsure:

#75 ILSnwdog

ILSnwdog

    King Of Car Porn

  • Members *
  • 50024 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Interests:My kids. Music. Cars. Sports. Snowmobiling. Just about anything outdoors.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

View Posttroutman, on 13 October 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

View PostNarpski, on 13 October 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 13 October 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

View PostThe Analog Grownup, on 12 October 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

View Postumoveme, on 11 October 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

The inviter should pay....... Then receive oral.

Seems fair

Come to think of it, I know a certain young lady who owes me a blowjob then!
:cool: :d13:

Sh**! :facepalm: :lol:

You think it's too late to call her and remind her? :P
Is there a statute of limitations on a hummer?  :eh:

#76 ILSnwdog

ILSnwdog

    King Of Car Porn

  • Members *
  • 50024 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Interests:My kids. Music. Cars. Sports. Snowmobiling. Just about anything outdoors.

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

FWIW...I always reached for the check when I was out on a date.  First, it's what a gentleman does.  Second, you can tell a lot about a person by how they react.  ;)

#77 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

View Postsavagegrace26, on 15 October 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

I've been on a couple of "dates" or whatever where the dumb bitches directly told me to pay for their drinks or gave me hostility if I didn't offer like "expected". I could elaborate on these but I'll just sum it up with a "f*ck that". I'll pay for stuff if I want to not if it's an obligation.

Gees dude,

Sounds like you have had some memorable moments. :lol:

#78 umoveme

umoveme

    California Sundress SILLY

  • Members *
  • 4266 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:California foothills
  • Interests:music, fishing, hiking in the Sierras, dog training, traveling, being creative...

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:59 PM

I ALWAYS offer to pay my half or at least thank someone profusely if he wants to pay.
If the "date was my idea, though, I'd expect to pay.

#79 troutman

troutman

    My views are fishy

  • Members *
  • 44549 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Anchorage, Alaska

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

View Postumoveme, on 24 October 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

I ALWAYS offer to pay my half or at least thank someone profusely if he wants to pay.
If the "date was my idea, though, I'd expect to pay.

Yep,

You ask some one out it's on your dime. Unless it's agreed before hand that both split the check.

#80 ILSnwdog

ILSnwdog

    King Of Car Porn

  • Members *
  • 50024 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Interests:My kids. Music. Cars. Sports. Snowmobiling. Just about anything outdoors.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:14 PM

View Postumoveme, on 24 October 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

If the "date" was my idea, though, I'd expect to pay.
And then receive oral.  Yes, we get that.  ;)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users