Steven Wilson's 4th Solo Album

Union 5-3992

I am not trying to be a fuckk TROLL right now but my God the show at The Warfield almost put me to sleep.

What a waste of time and money. I didn't even by a fukking 40 dollar t shirt.

I thought the band was pure SHIT.

The drummer was awful.

The bass player looked like fukking Bif Byford from SAXON!! HAHAHAHAHA! WHAT A JOKE!!!

Usually Steven hides behind his hair and never talks. Well that night he just wouldn't shut up. Some nostalgic nerd herder tit.

I have lost a lot of respect for this overrated pretentious arrogant prick.

No Hero Worship here. I am done.

Ironically the best song of the night was a Porcupine Tree song. I am sure you Wilson Fan Boi Toyz can guess it. UGH!

The only way I will ever see Steven again is if he reunites Porcupine Tree.

Steven's band without Gavin Harrison is a third rated side show act.

I would rather see the Jim Rose Show on a side stage than Steven Wilson.

"KATE BUSH!!! TALKING HEADS!!!!!!!!!"

BIG FUKKING DEAL STEVEN!!

"GET A HAIRCUT AND GET A REAL JOB" YOU SKINNY KNOB!

Signed,

George Thorogood

LOL!

Why do you even listen to the music rush head? You don't make any sense. Don't go see him live. Why bother if it's so much torchure. Your opinions don't matter anyhow. Unless your a peer or on the same level as him it's futile to criticize or even compliment. Not one profession cares about Joe shmoes opinions or thoughts cause they don't have the same skill set. If your on the same level then maybe one might consider constructive criticism.

One thing I do agree on is the drummer was kinda sucky. After watching the concert replay of the LA gig he is just hacking away. The concert did sound great live tho that's for sure. Not to many concerts have surround sound.

Your opinions don't matter anyhow. Unless your a peer or on the same level as him it's futile to criticize or even compliment.

Just because he doesn't write the music doesn't make his opinions any less valid. Can you write music like Steven? Well I guess you have no right to speak your mind either. That's a really stupid thing to say.

• Like 1

Oh and near the end of the set the band plays behind a giant shower curtain?

One of the stupidest things I have ever seen in my life and I've been to 100's of shows.

Steven Wilson! RETIRE!

Sounds like you've never seen the very first SW solo tour. He's been doing that shit since 2011.

• Like 1

I am not trying to be a fuckk TROLL right now but my God the show at The Warfield almost put me to sleep.

The drummer was awful.

The bass player looked like fukking Bif Byford from SAXON!! HAHAHAHAHA! WHAT A JOKE!!!

Usually Steven hides behind his hair and never talks. Well that night he just wouldn't shut up. Some nostalgic nerd herder tit.

Ironically the best song of the night was a Porcupine Tree song. I am sure you Wilson Fan Boi Toyz can guess it. UGH!

Signed,

George Thorogood

LOL!

I'll have what you're having :smoke: :macallan: :atickhum:

• Like 1

The drummer was awful.

Signed,

George Thorogood

LOL!

I want what he's having as well. :smoke: :macallan: :smoke: :macallan:

The drummer was awful.

Signed,

George Thorogood

LOL!

HAHAHAHA!!! Sorry! SOBER! I must be too old for this shit!

The drummer was awful.

Signed,

George Thorogood

LOL!

I want what he's having as well. :smoke: :macallan: :smoke: :macallan:

HAHAHA!

You guys are great! SORRY! THE SHOW SUCKED ASS! BALLS?

Steven's cover of "Solsbury Hill" was KILLER!

LOL

I saw him last night. It was still a really fun show. The only bad part was Index. A few folks in the audience just started loudly laughing during it. He also said something about the choir boy being "Leo Blair, son of Tony, but don't hold that against him". I guess that confirms it or he was just trying to make a joke. He also said he's never played in Vancouver before which explains why the whole place was so packed. We did notice this outside:

1902784_10153463937517059_4020352772215939356_n.jpg?oh=628b5c225c0c7bd6538c6b8f8faa0071&oe=55F1F2B3

but of course he's just reusing them

• Like 1

The only bad part was Index. A few folks in the audience just started loudly laughing during it. He also said something about the choir boy being "Leo Blair, son of Tony, but don't hold that against him". I guess that confirms it or he was just trying to make a joke.

Yeah, Index was honestly the worst song of the set. It was worse when I saw the new version the second time, and even though worse after I saw it via the stream.

He's been doing the Leo/Tony Blair bit every show. I remember the first NYC show he said "Leo Blair, wonderful voice. Tony Blair as Prime Minister....*gives an 'eh' expression*"

In retrospect, I would've probably enjoyed the show much more had I sat further back than I did. I felt I could've had a more immersive experience with the video backdrop and all had I sat in the lower balcony or further back.

The only bad part was Index. A few folks in the audience just started loudly laughing during it. He also said something about the choir boy being "Leo Blair, son of Tony, but don't hold that against him". I guess that confirms it or he was just trying to make a joke.

Yeah, Index was honestly the worst song of the set. It was worse when I saw the new version the second time, and even though worse after I saw it via the stream.

He's been doing the Leo/Tony Blair bit every show. I remember the first NYC show he said "Leo Blair, wonderful voice. Tony Blair as Prime Minister....*gives an 'eh' expression*"

In retrospect, I would've probably enjoyed the show much more had I sat further back than I did. I felt I could've had a more immersive experience with the video backdrop and all had I sat in the lower balcony or further back.

When I saw the Madison show he told us right away that "if you saw us in Chicago already, I will warn you that its the same shit every night. Same songs, same jokes."

I really enjoyed the show a lot. Way more than I was expecting since the show I saw on the Grace for Drowning tour didn't do much for me. I don't understand the outright hate about this tour; I was very moved by the show I saw. Easily one of the best concerts I've been to in a couple years. I think you either feel the vibe of this new record or you don't. I very much do. The video that accompanied Routine was absolutely heartwrenching, as was the one for Raven That Refused to Sing. The only things I didn't like were The Watchmaker (I just do not connect with that song at all) and the way they started Index. That was a little weird.

I think objectively speaking, this is his best tour. I got immersed in the music so I was totally fine with the seated audience, the only thing I was a bit disappointed in other than the new intro to Index which I'm indifferent towards to was that I couldn't see the video wall and Craig (their drummer on the American leg) as well as I could cause I was in the floor seats, from what I could see though, the videos were absolutely memorizing. I really loved the one for the title track off of HCE and Routine especially.

I think objectively speaking, this is his best tour. I got immersed in the music so I was totally fine with the seated audience, the only thing I was a bit disappointed in other than the new intro to Index which I'm indifferent towards to was that I couldn't see the video wall and Craig (their drummer on the American leg) as well as I could cause I was in the floor seats, from what I could see though, the videos were absolutely memorizing. I really loved the one for the title track off of HCE and Routine especially.

I may argue that The Raven was more fun for me live because it had some of my favorite tracks on it like Luminol, Holy Drinker, Pin Drop, Raider II, Deform to Form a Star and Radioactive Toy. But at the same time I'm very glad to see a completely different setlist rather than just the same exact show.

I may argue that The Raven was more fun for me live because it had some of my favorite tracks on it like Luminol, Holy Drinker, Pin Drop, Raider II, Deform to Form a Star and Radioactive Toy. But at the same time I'm very glad to see a completely different setlist rather than just the same exact show.

That's exactly why I said objectively speaking, this tour is the best tour. The current tour for me is the weakest of the three tours from a "fun" point of view, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the show, cause I've said it many times that I did enjoy both nights I saw him. I do think that the seated audience lost a huge amount of energy/fun for the audience at the expense of having the most immersive experience of the three tours so far. And for me, I can get really into the show to the point where I violently headbang and fistpump to ad nauseam, and while I did do that at times, I consciously tried to not overdo that so that the people next to me wouldn't get annoyed or distracted by me. But a few fans agree with me. At the second NYC show, a couple of kids around my age said that they wished the show was standing cause it would've been a lot more enthusiastic for the band's sake.

If we're talking favorite SW shows my favorite one was actually the very first tour, because it was new both for the SW fans and SW himself and we didn't know what to expect in terms of the show and plus the energy that night was just unremarkable. Plus I got to get a few albums signed by him at a signing session earlier that day which made it special. The Raven tour was another fun show for me as I was at the peak of my enthusiasm over SW's stuff (doesn't mean I'm losing interest in the guy's work though) and had just finished an extreme up and down school year the day before, and I couldn't have seen the SW band at a better time when I needed it the most. That show was the site of the infamous Raider II incident which SW calls out on a fan for shouting nonsense during the piano intro which screwed the band up.

Edited by PolarizeMe

My friend Andy has two tickets for the Steven Wilson gig at the Royal Albert Hall on Tuesday 29th September he can no longer use and wants to sell.

They are for the stalls J Row 8 and have a face value of £45 each. Don't worry they are not next to me...

I would meet the individual at the hall and exchange the tickets for the cash. I'm pretty sure that people here know I am genuine and trustworthy and genuine, so who's interested?

PM me if you want to buy them

Tony

Went to the second show at the Royal Albert Hall last night. Several Porcupine Tree songs. Gavin Harrison on drums for a couple of the encores. Guthrie Govan on guitar for Home Invasion/Regret #9 and Drive Home. Stunning, sublime, awesome (add other superlatives here: . . . . ).

https://www.youtube....h?v=WAlS4bOKgK8

• Like 3