2014-2015 Soccer - Is there no thread?

alphseeker

Peru got screwed - Bogus red card against Zambrona - might as well not even played the game and just give it to the Host - :wtf: Edited by alphseeker

Wow Chile beats Argentina in penalty kicks. Of course the headlines should be: Chile fouls Messi every time he touches the ball. I've rarely watched such a spectacle as Chile's chicken-s*#t grabs / holds/ trips and penalties every time Messi even looked at the ball. Or perhaps the other headline should be "Chile overcomes a 11-1 player advantage to beat Argentina."

Messi has got to be feeling it's not worth playing by myself anymore. :facepalm:

Wow Chile beats Argentina in penalty kicks. Of course the headlines should be: Chile fouls Messi every time he touches the ball. I've rarely watched such a spectacle as Chile's chicken-s*#t grabs / holds/ trips and penalties every time Messi even looked at the ball. Or perhaps the other headline should be "Chile overcomes a 11-1 player advantage to beat Argentina."

Messi has got to be feeling it's not worth playing by myself anymore. :facepalm:

Did you ever think you'd see both Argentina and Brazil in such dire straits together?

So, we just had the draw for the qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Spain and Italy will play in the same group. England gets Scotland. Group A seems to be "The Group of Death" with Holland, France and Sweden placed together. I'm happy Poland didn't draw any monster teams, instead we'll have to deal with Denmark, Romania and Montenegro. :popcorn:

So, we just had the draw for the qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Spain and Italy will play in the same group. England gets Scotland. Group A seems to be "The Group of Death" with Holland, France and Sweden placed together. I'm happy Poland didn't draw any monster teams, instead we'll have to deal with Denmark, Romania and Montenegro. :popcorn:

Poland got a bye. :LOL: France on the other hand...ouch!

Of course, is there any question that the teams of the major soccer nations you mentioned will qualify? The fun is in seeing which small time nations get in.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Expected blow-out win over Giblartar today. Too bad Georgia couldn't at least get a draw in Ireland. That would almost make Germany and Poland the one-two in the group. Never mind, let's get a win in Scotland next month and finish this! :madra:

Wow - Just Wow - Holy Wow :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

http://www.nytimes.c...goals.html?_r=0

Third goal was really funny. Fifth was the best. Btw, Lewandowski leads the scoring in the Champions League, German League and European qualifiers. As you said... :notworthy:
  • Like 1

Another great game from Lewandowski, this time against Scotland. Can't believe Ireland beat Germany. Now we need a draw with the Irish on Sunday, in order to avoid a playoff. I know I'm gonna have a heart attack. :eh:

It was a few time ago, but here it goes: that game where Münich Bayern stricked Borussia Dortmund with 5 X 1.

I saw all goals Lewandowski made in nine minutes. :o

It was breathtaking and beautiful! :clap:

He's getting the awards for the great job!

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

I'm watching City vs United and they say Wayne Rooney just turned 30. How is that possible? He easily looks 50...

You've prob seen this by now, hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjagjTPmbV4

I can't believe anybody watches this soap opera for men. :facepalm:

Poland gets Germany, Ukraine and Northern Ireland at Euro 2016. I'll take it. :ebert: Belgium's top ranking will be tested with Italy, Ireland and Sweden as its opponents. The Spain, Czech Republic, Turkey and Croatia group looks tough as well.