The Official Golf Hacker Thread

Ive made my peace with this game and just found this thread. I dont practice or go to the range and play anywhere from 5-10 rounds a year. I've never broken 90, usually shoot closer to 100 (and I count every goddamned shot). And as I get older, I dont give a rats ass - I love the game and have fun with it. I ;ook for balls in the deep rough for no more than a few minutes, then drop a new one and take a penalty like a man. Just thought Id say hi. :)

I tell people all the time, I'm not good enough to get angry when I don't play well.

I should have this attitude, but I'm just too demanding of myself. When I hit the ball well in practice (be it with a driver or wedge), and then botch the exact same shots on the course, I get :rage:

My wedge shots get me the most :rage:.........I'm 50 away from the pin, and I pop the ball up perfectly....in practice. I get on the course, and I blade it at least half the time.

No grace under pressure, I tell 'ya.....:doh:

50 yds is one of the toughest shots in golf. I'd rather be 120 yds. than 50. What is your favorite approach distance?
  • Like 1

Ive made my peace with this game and just found this thread. I dont practice or go to the range and play anywhere from 5-10 rounds a year. I've never broken 90, usually shoot closer to 100 (and I count every goddamned shot). And as I get older, I dont give a rats ass - I love the game and have fun with it. I ;ook for balls in the deep rough for no more than a few minutes, then drop a new one and take a penalty like a man. Just thought Id say hi. :)

I tell people all the time, I'm not good enough to get angry when I don't play well.

I should have this attitude, but I'm just too demanding of myself. When I hit the ball well in practice (be it with a driver or wedge), and then botch the exact same shots on the course, I get :rage:

My wedge shots get me the most :rage:.........I'm 50 [feet] away from the pin, and I pop the ball up perfectly....in practice. I get on the course, and I blade it at least half the time.

No grace under pressure, I tell 'ya.....:doh:

50 yds is one of the toughest shots in golf. I'd rather be 120 yds. than 50. What is your favorite approach distance?

I meant to say 50 feet away from the pin. Actually, I can hit that 50 to 100-yard shot pretty well, relatively speaking. The closer I get to the green, the more I tense up, or over-think the shot, or rush the shot.....:doh: If I'm real close, I often use an 8 or 6-iron to pop it onto the green and let it roll some, especially if I'm going uphill.

But yeah, any time I can take a full swing with my wedge is good! Those half-swings are dangerous! :LOL:

• Like 1

There's nothing like starting off the new season with a HOLE IN ONE! :yes:

Put it right over the flag, with some good back spin on the ball, and it rolled right in!

This Golden Tee video golf game at the local tavern is GREAT!!

http://www.moneymachines.com/gtlive10ped.jpg

:LOL: :lol: :LOL:

Edited by Principled Man

Hit a bucket of balls Saturday and today. I'm done with it.

You wanna know why? Well, I'll tell you.

When the balls at the driving range go STRAIGHT, they're telling me that I know what to do. What I do at the range, I have to do on the course.

It's just....that....simple. :7up: :7up:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/41/41bc09a76c4c289441b8be3fbd43cf4e9a2c84b86b2bd800b41a34e8145885d4.jpg

• Like 2

First round of the year today confirmed....I SUCK!

Nowhere to go but UP! Yer gonna play better! Yer gonna move up from "suck" to "mediocre".....!! That's my philosophy!!

:haz: :haz:

• Like 1

I'm afraid to pull out the clubs. This weekend would have been a nice time to get out. I may be going out next Wed.

I can't wait to go out this weekend. I just have to stay focused and not get too distracted by beer....or the beer girl.... :facepalm:

I even bought a 3-iron to get me 10-15 extra yards. I needed something between my 4-iron and 3-wood, especially on the longer par 3's. CAN'T WAIT!!

I'm afraid to pull out the clubs. This weekend would have been a nice time to get out. I may be going out next Wed.

I can't wait to go out this weekend. I just have to stay focused and not get too distracted by beer....or the beer girl.... :facepalm:

I even bought a 3-iron to get me 10-15 extra yards. I needed something between my 4-iron and 3-wood, especially on the longer par 3's. CAN'T WAIT!!

I love my 5 wood

Nowhere to go but UP! Yer gonna play better! Yer gonna move up from "suck" to "mediocre".....!! That's my philosophy!!

Yes we all aspire to mediocre! That is the magic of golf. No matter how bad it gets, we are convinced we can do better next time.

• Like 1

Yes we all aspire to mediocre! That is the magic of golf. No matter how bad it gets, we are convinced we can do better next time.

keep trying different balls. 99% of the time, it's the ball
  • Like 1

I love my 5 wood

The proper term is your "nickel."

I love saying "I'm busting out my nickel" at the tee box. I can't hit that one either, but it's fun to say it. Try it. :)

I love my 5 wood

I love saying "I'm busting out my nickel" at the tee box. I can't hit that one either, but it's fun to say it. Try it. :)

I'll do it! I'm also going to change my 3 wood to "the Rick"... after you... 3" of wood

I love my 5 wood

I'll do it! I'm also going to change my 3 wood to "the Rick"... after you... 3" of wood

I love it when you guys talk dirty.......

• Like 1

My first 9 holes of the year went pretty well. Solid hits off the tee and in the fairway. Got some good distance, which helped me avoid the water and creek hazards.... :haz:

My putter was an idiot, though. 3-putted several par 3's..... :doh:

2016 may be a good year!!

Played 13 holes this morning and much improved! I believe I have this game figured out!!

Don't say that too loud......your clubs may hear you and decide to turn traitor..... :unsure: :unsure:

My Callaway 3-iron arrived today, and it is beautiful! :sundog:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE1OVg4NTM=/z/jdwAAOSwQYZWujjT/$_35.JPG

Steel shaft, 18o loft, and it's a bit heavier than my Taylormade 4-iron (20o loft, graphite shaft). I plan on getting some more yardage off the tee on the longer par-3's, and when my woods are slicing.

Can't wait to use it......but it's so beautiful, I don't want to get it dirty!! :laughing guy:

• Like 1

I love my 5 wood

At the range this weekend, I was crushing it with my 5 wood. A lady, who was watching her husband barely get it 100yds with a driver, asked me "wow, what kind of driver are you using?" I said... "it's my nickel" and she said "it's your ni@@a???" :LOL:

• Like 1

I love my 5 wood

At the range this weekend, I was crushing it with my 5 wood. A lady, who was watching her husband barely get it 100yds with a driver, asked me "wow, what kind of driver are you using?" I said... "it's my nickel" and she said "it's your ni@@a???" :LOL:

Hopefully, you showed her the rest of your woods....."Tar Baby", "Coon" and "Spook"...... :scared: :tsk: :LOL:

My Callaway 3-iron.......... I LIKE IT!! I've taken it out on the course twice now, and it's excellent. I'm hitting it nice and straight.

Certain water hazards may not like me now, as I'm not visiting them anymore..... :laughing guy:

4th round of 9 in today. Shot a 44, not as good as my 42 on Monday, but I was happy.

Had a few good shots, but one spectacular shot. A long par 4, 495 yds, put my 2nd shot 5 feet from the pin with a 3 wood

4th round of 9 in today. Shot a 44, not as good as my 42 on Monday, but I was happy.

Had a few good shots, but one spectacular shot. A long par 4, 495 yds, put my 2nd shot 5 feet from the pin with a 3 wood

Nice!