The Official Golf Hacker Thread

Last week in my league I shot a 45. The league is match play with a point per hole. I was giving a stroke on 6 holes. Won 4.5 points.

I had one blowup hole and didn't putt real well.

I really like match play.

Last week in my league I shot a 45. The league is match play with a point per hole. I was giving a stroke on 6 holes. Won 4.5 points.

I really like match play.

I do enjoy it. The one aspect that i don't care for is that once you lose a hole, you lose the incentive to finish said hole and post a proper score.

Our league used to have an extra point for low net score for each match, but did away with that this year. I liked the extra point aspect as it forced you to grind out each hole to try and get that point.

Just to be clear, in your league, does one of the holes have a windmill that you have to hit the ball past?

Just to be clear, in your league, does one of the holes have a windmill that you have to hit the ball past?

A trollin we will go!!!! I almost aced the one with the clowns mouth two weeks ago!! (An ace is a hole-in-one by the way) Edited by Mithrandir
  • Like 1

A trollin we will go!!!! I almost aced the one with the clowns mouth two weeks ago!! (An ace is a hole-in-one by the way)

I just wanted to be sure you knew the difference.

Did your mom wash your Crosby shirt for you after the parade?

A trollin we will go!!!! I almost aced the one with the clowns mouth two weeks ago!! (An ace is a hole-in-one by the way)

I just wanted to be sure you knew the difference.

Did your mom wash your Crosby shirt for you after the parade?

I don't own one. I'm 51 years old. I don't wear players jerseys. But i bet you own quite a few . :laughing guy:

Shot a 40 last night.

1 Birdie

5 pars

1 Bogey

2 DB

Good: Hit 6/7 fairways. Had a birdie after hitting a 4-iron to about 18 inches on a Par 3. Lag putting was very good. No duffed shots.

Bad: Hit 1st Drive OB and short which led to DB. Left one in the sand for the other DB on a Par 5

Shot a 40 last night.

1 Birdie

5 pars

1 Bogey

2 DB

Good: Hit 6/7 fairways. Had a birdie after hitting a 4-iron to about 18 inches on a Par 3. Lag putting was very good. No duffed shots.

Bad: Hit 1st Drive OB and short which led to DB. Left one in the sand for the other DB on a Par 5

Nice! 40 is solid, especially with an OB drive.

Guess who shot 79 this morning. :)

:cheerleader:

• Like 1

Just got back in from twilight golf, shot a 44 on the front nine... some of my best golf in a long time- but then I only got 6 holes in on the back, and things turned ugly as the sun went down.

Seems like once things go bad, I just can't get them back on track. So mentally frustrating.

Just got back in from twilight golf, shot a 44 on the front nine... some of my best golf in a long time- but then I only got 6 holes in on the back, and things turned ugly as the sun went down.

Seems like once things go bad, I just can't get them back on track. So mentally frustrating.

I rarely play better on the back nine. I just lose interest.

Nice job on shooting 44! Any highlights worth sharing?

So, today there was a 4th of July 4-man scramble, 18 holes, 1:00 start. Having driven 16 hours on July 3rd to get to my in-laws, I had no interest in playing. But I went up to the club around 4PM to have a beer and watch folks finish up. I was on the clubhouse deck, which overlooks the 7th tee box, and my mother-in-law rolls up, just her and a partner. The other twosome had bailed on her, because of the heat, and she asks me if I'll finish with them. They had three holes left.

So I roll out in my flop flops and lay down three straight pars with senior ladies clubs. :LOL:

Managed a 42 yesterday. I struck the ball really well, and generally hit the shots I wanted to, but this course has some really quirky holes that depend a lot on luck, which failed me at times.

Highlights include two great holes back-to-back. The first included a 300yd drive that I had to take over trees on the left, setting up a 135yd gap wedge approach. I followed that par with a monster drive on a 525yd par 5, which set up a nice 215 approach with a 4-rescue to the green. Two putts for birdie.

• Like 1

My league had a 2 man best ball outing on Saturday. I didn't play all that well as i shot a 91, but chalk some of it up to trying to pull off some shots that I know won't work, but what the heck try anyway!

There were only 2 skins won and I was one of them. So that was sweet!

My league had a 2 man best ball outing on Saturday. I didn't play all that well as i shot a 91, but chalk some of it up to trying to pull off some shots that I know won't work, but what the heck try anyway!

Congrats! Skins are won by birdies?

Yes sir. Birdies. Only 2 in the entire outing (14 guys). It was a course that most of the guys never played (I hadn't played it in over a decade), but I was still surprised that there weren't more birdies.

Yes sir. Birdies. Only 2 in the entire outing (14 guys). It was a course that most of the guys never played (I hadn't played it in over a decade), but I was still surprised that there weren't more birdies.

So you got half the pot?

:ebert:

So you got half the pot?

I did!

Shot a 41 yesterday (par 35). One of those rounds where I scored ok and shot my handicap, but didn't play particularly well.

5 pars

3 bogeys

1 TRIPLE!! this absolutely killed my round. Hit a fine tee shot, but topped my second shot and it just didn't get better until the next hole!!

So you got half the pot?

I did!

Shot a 41 yesterday (par 35). One of those rounds where I scored ok and shot my handicap, but didn't play particularly well.

5 pars

3 bogeys

1 TRIPLE!! this absolutely killed my round. Hit a fine tee shot, but topped my second shot and it just didn't get better until the next hole!!

Grrr...

I hate going on tilt like that. :LOL:

Still a good round, though! The birdie was a net birdie, then?

So you got half the pot?

I did!

5 pars

3 bogeys

Grrr...

The Birdie skin win was on Saturday. This was my round last night.

In that 41 I 3-putted 2 holes and missed another putt of about 5 feet. So i could have been around 38. (but don't we all think about "what coulda been"!)

So you got half the pot?

I did!

5 pars

3 bogeys

Grrr...

The Birdie skin win was on Saturday. This was my round last night.

In that 41 I 3-putted 2 holes and missed another putt of about 5 feet. So i could have been around 38. (but don't we all think about "what coulda been"!)

Always what could have been! :D
  • Like 1

A buddy invited me to accompany him to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and we're taking our clubs. Here's where we'll play:

http://www.pueblobonito.com/quivira-golf-club

http://be478d95e8aa404656c1-d983ce57e4c84901daded0f67d5a004f.r11.cf1.rackcdn.com/pueblo-bonito-resorts/media/cache/02GolfHEader-580e501f83fed-2078x750.jpg

• Like 2