Dumb & Dumber To..."Dumbing Soon" :)

ALifeson85

CANNOT. WAIT. :7up:

1149023_757475057604626_1353626057_n.png

Apparently, there was a private test screening of the film last month in LA - to a VERY lucky audience of fans of the original Dumb & Dumber...and it got FANTASTIC feedback. :yes: Sources say that the style of humor sticks to the roots of the original (moderately crude, but not an over-the-top Judd Apatow raunch-fest, lol), and we get to find out what Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne have been up to in the last 20 years. :)

IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2096672/

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/DumbTo

:cool:

• Like 5

Thanks. Hey, I guess they're right. Has-been actors, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.

I wouldn't say "has-been"....this isn't Tom Green or Andy Dick we're talking about, lol. Jeff Daniels just recently won an Emmy for The Newsroom, and Jim Carrey, while not EXACTLY in the same spotlight as he was in the 90's, he's still a household name in Hollywood. :yes:

Edited by ALifeson85

Thanks. Hey, I guess they're right. Has-been actors, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.

I wouldn't say "has-been"....this isn't Tom Green or Andy Dick we're talking about, lol. Jeff Daniels just recently won an Emmy for The Newsroom, and Jim Carrey, while not EXACTLY in the same spotlight as he was in the 90's, he's still a household name in Hollywood. :yes:

It makes the joke work!

• Like 2

It makes the joke work!

You mean seeing Jeff Daniels in this movie, after being on a serious TV series like The Newsroom? Yes - I agree, LOL :LOL:

But then again, that's what makes him a great, well-rounded actor!

Edited by ALifeson85

The official "Dumb & Dumber To" trailer premiers TONIGHT on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon!! Also, check out the first official poster! :7up:

10462925_782366195131141_8546551683602759041_n.jpg

• Like 1

I was trying to tell my ex about the movie...i called her up....she gave me a bunch of crap about me "not listening to her enough", or something. I dunno, i wasn't really paying attention.
  • Like 3

They were on the Tonight Show last night. The old lady scene was something... wow.

This gives me faith that they're growing some balls and going for an R rating.

It's going to be PG-13...already confirmed by Peter Farrelly. BUT, if you think about it, you can get away with a whole lot more now-a-days, PUSH the R-rated envelope, and still get a PG-13...which I'm sure will be the case with Dumb & Dumber To. Either way...PG-13...R...i'm STILL hyped for this, and plan to be there opening weekend in November :yes:

• Like 1

I think that the first movie is really funny, but another one, 20 years later?

Nah...now they just need money, and the movie will probarly stink.

I usually have that exact same feeling, but I do not have this feeling with this one. They waited for a good script and I really do not think they are hurting for money. :)

• Like 1

I think that the first movie is really funny, but another one, 20 years later?

Nah...now they just need money, and the movie will probarly stink.

I usually have that exact same feeling, but I do not have this feeling with this one. They waited for a good script and I really do not think they are hurting for money. :)

:yes: The Farrelly Brothers (including some un-credited writing by Jim Carrey) spent almost 2 years developing the script for this movie. Everyone involved all agreed that if they didn't feel that the script was PERFECT - it was not going to be made. Also, I have talked to, and read responses by people who attended the test screenings in Los Angeles, (99% of the test screen audiences were huge fans of the original D&D) - and each and every one of them said it was hilarious, and stayed true to the original.

Hell - Jeff Daniels had just won an Emmy for "The Newsroom" before shooting began on "Dumb & Dumber To" - so with THAT in mind, he could have very well opted OUT of the project, and played it "safe", to maintain his image - knowing full well that there were a lot of nay-sayers speaking negatively about D&D2. But he obviously felt just as strongly about the script as everyone else, and the film got made! :cool:

• Like 2

The trailer wasn't all that funny to me, but neither was the original film. It's hard to please me with comedy, not because I'm above it or anything I'm just no fun ;)

On the other hand, I did enjoy the first film when i was younger and watched it a few times, and I'm sure this one will be great too. The trailer may not have been funny to me but it was definitely appealing, the film looks very entertaining and i may even take a trip to the theaters for it.

The intro to the trailer was very clever, explaining what happened for the past two decades :LOL: