Social Media and you...

Lost In Xanadu

Facebook annoys me sometimes but overall I like it and don't plan on getting rid of it. As a college student it's proven invaluable staying in touch with my friends who go to different colleges, and I like having a central hub to talk to people I know or share funny shit with.

Twitter's also cool but the problem with that is the retweets. The downside to being a college student: some of my XX chromosome friends just LOOOOOOVE retweeting anything about Frozen, "white girl posts", country music lyrics, or those stupid "inspirational" or "touchy" quotes. I like Twitter for the occasional HILARIOUS tweet, and keeping track of current events. Hate reading the paper. Ink gets all over my fingers, it falls apart, and I hate having to dig through all the business/finance stuff.

I use email for everything school related or cyber related like Steam, PSN/XBL, Amazon, etc. Don't use it for anything personal, that's what FB chat is for.

Never liked talking on the phone. I text a lot but if it's a full blown conversation I prefer Facebook, as I can type 90+ WPM but my thumbs get tired of the phone.

Edited by BowlCity
  • Like 1

I use FB.....only thing that annoys me is friends tend to post. EVERY. LITTLE. MINUTE. DETAIL OF THEIR LIVES!!!! luckily it's only a few friends that do that. so it's a minor peeve.

Mick

• Like 1

I noticed something... watching TV - that put those #<title> at moments in shows. Like watching Ninja Warrior, they are doing that now....

Funny thing is, I'm so oldschool (and have never been on twitter) I ALWAYS read that as "pound" and not "hashtag"

• Like 2

Funny thing is, I'm so oldschool (and have never been on twitter) I ALWAYS read that as "pound" and not "hashtag"

Ditto! "Hashtag" is just ... wrong.

• Like 1

Ditto! "Hashtag" is just ... wrong.

I did like the first couple appearances of this Hashtag...

http://38.media.tumblr.com/86b097c5d8beb46a8572d393b987aa00/tumblr_n4yag4anYU1ttrogro9_250.gif

I have three kids, a full time job and several outdoor hobbies.

I'm on social media for about an hour or so per day, so I guess I'm an attention whore with too much time on my hands.

<insert duckface selfie with too much cleavage>

I have three kids, a full time job and several outdoor hobbies.

I'm on social media for about an hour or so per day, so I guess I'm an attention whore with too much time on my hands.

An hour is no big deal. But there are people who seem to live their lives via social media. They're so busy posting about life on FaceLitter or TwitBook they forget to actually LIVE.

For instance - people at concerts get so wrapped up in sending their non-attendee friends pictures and tweets and video clips of the concert that they miss a good deal of the actual show. And the sad thing is that they don't realize that until it's too late.

• Like 1

An hour is no big deal. But there are people who seem to live their lives via social media. They're so busy posting about life on FaceLitter or TwitBook they forget to actually LIVE.

For instance - people at concerts get so wrapped up in sending their non-attendee friends pictures and tweets and video clips of the concert that they miss a good deal of the actual show. And the sad thing is that they don't realize that until it's too late.

EXACTLY. Watch the show, dagnabbit!

still waiting.......

Here ya go....

2492090153_256a930a41_o.jpg

• Like 1

I made the mistake of reading unsolicited comments on Facebook. I have now blocked those 2 people. Some people just don't know how to act or how to respond appropriately. I never tell people that I'm blocking them. But when they see my name & posts disappear, or they get a broken link, then they can usually figure it out. There are too many idiots in cyberspace.
  • Like 1

There is no privacy on Facebook even when it's supposed to be private. That's why it's so creepy.

Everyone on your friends list can see who you've talked to that day and all the pages you've lurked at.

Why I was bullied on Facebook... I disclosed something about myself that made a lot of people jealous. They started ganging up on me and mocking me. It escalated into overt bullying. I reported that community to Facebook admin who suspended that group indefinitely for violating the website's guidelines. How did all this happen? I was trying to help a teen who was considering dropping out of college. That old saying is true. No good deed goes unpunished.
  • Like 1

Why I was bullied on Facebook... I disclosed something about myself that made a lot of people jealous. They started ganging up on me and mocking me. It escalated into overt bullying. I reported that community to Facebook admin who suspended that group indefinitely for violating the website's guidelines. How did all this happen? I was trying to help a teen who was considering dropping out of college. That old saying is true. No good deed goes unpunished.

You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

-- Winston Churchill

:haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 2