Jump to content


How do you drink your beer?


  • Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you drink your beer? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you drink your beer?

  1. Can (eew, sorry .. but eeew) (4 votes [7.84%])

    Percentage of vote: 7.84%

  2. Bottle (22 votes [43.14%])

    Percentage of vote: 43.14%

  3. Glass (13 votes [25.49%])

    Percentage of vote: 25.49%

  4. Mug (3 votes [5.88%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.88%

  5. *Special glass (9 votes [17.65%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

    A modern day warrior

  • Members *
  • 13625 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ammoflage
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, listening to music. Reading.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

How do you drink your beer?


So I have read you should drink "good" beer from a glass because your nose know a good beer even better than your tastebuds. :huh:

But I usually drink from the bottle. I don't want to have to wash the glass afterwards  ;)

Sponsored Post

#2 Babycat

Babycat

    Party Animal

  • Members *
  • 84804 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Wherever the catnip is...

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'd go for a bottle too.

#3 The Analog Grownup

The Analog Grownup

    The Dane of the Culinary Arts

  • Members *
  • 6153 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm right here.
  • Interests:Slay the dragon, grab the gold, get the girl.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Why can't I choose them all? :wtf: ;)

#4 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 21595 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Can. Aluminium cans get colder faster, stay colder longer, you can punch your own speed hole in them, and you can crush them against your forehead when you're done. The aluminium can is the perfect vessel for beer- especially 16oz'ers. There is no "eeew" about it!

My go to, Minnesota's very own Grain Belt Premium, and I always go with the 16oz cans:
Posted Image

Edited by KenJennings, 23 September 2013 - 04:30 PM.


#5 Lerxster

Lerxster

    The Sphere

  • Members *
  • 8124 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:is everything
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

I'm glad butt chugging was not an option. I saw a report on TV. It's happening in America.



Sorry for posting.

#6 lal90RushFan

lal90RushFan

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 165 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

How do I drink my beer?

Quickly.

#7 tx_rush

tx_rush

    I am Cornholio!

  • Members *
  • 5919 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tyler, Texas
  • Interests:playing music, baseball, fishing, hunting

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 23 September 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Can. Aluminium cans get colder faster, stay colder longer, you can punch your own speed hole in them, and you can crush them against your forehead when you're done. The aluminium can is the perfect vessel for beer- especially 16oz'ers. There is no "eeew" about it!

My go to, Minnesota's very own Grain Belt Premium, and I always go with the 16oz cans:
Posted Image

Cans are the way to go, but aluminum does not stay colder longer. Gotta have a koozie. At a social event in Texas, people get seriously concerned if you are drinking a beer without a koozie. You get more questions and concern than if you had a black eye or your fly was down. I know people that have a koozie drawer in their kitchen.

some of my family in Minnesota were really into pfieffer, although I dont think its made anymore

#8 Khan

Khan

    In a GIFfy

  • Members *
  • 15449 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Actual location changes many times per hour normally.
  • Interests:Milsurp rifles

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:45 AM

Bottle or glass but prefer glass if at home.
I like to get the full aroma when drinking beer.

Posted Image

#9 ILSnwdog

ILSnwdog

    King Of Car Porn

  • Members *
  • 50368 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Interests:My kids. Music. Cars. Sports. Snowmobiling. Just about anything outdoors.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

Bottle, but cans are good for "shotgunning". :)

#10 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 34776 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'm a beer snob (or, the opposite of Ken Jennings :P), so I'll use a pint glass whenever possible. Like Khan said, the aroma is part of the enjoyment. Otherwise, the bottle is fine.

Can't do cans -- not into the smell and taste of aluminum. The kind of snobby-ass beer I buy doesn't come in cans anyway. :hail:

#11 Khan

Khan

    In a GIFfy

  • Members *
  • 15449 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Actual location changes many times per hour normally.
  • Interests:Milsurp rifles

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 24 September 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

I'm a beer snob (or, the opposite of Ken Jennings :P), so I'll use a pint glass whenever possible. Like Khan said, the aroma is part of the enjoyment. Otherwise, the bottle is fine.

Can't do cans -- not into the smell and taste of aluminum. The kind of snobby-ass beer I buy doesn't come in cans anyway. :hail:
Same here...I'm pretty much done with drinking crap beer.  Life is too short

#12 Cyclonus X-1

Cyclonus X-1

    Yurts >>>>>>> Gers

  • Members *
  • 67857 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Interests:Music, literature, sports.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

I don't drink beer.  It tastes awful.

But...  bottle if I had to choose.

#13 Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer

    A modern day warrior

  • Members *
  • 13625 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ammoflage
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, listening to music. Reading.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 23 September 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

Can. Aluminium cans get colder faster, stay colder longer, you can punch your own speed hole in them, and you can crush them against your forehead when you're done. The aluminium can is the perfect vessel for beer- especially 16oz'ers. There is no "eeew" about it!

My go to, Minnesota's very own Grain Belt Premium, and I always go with the 16oz cans:
Posted Image

View PostKenJennings, on 23 September 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

There is no "eeew" about it!

I had a feeling my opinion on this might be taken the wrong way, sorry (that's why I said sorry in the poll)

I have drank out of a can before, I would (if I was very thristy) again, but the aluminum taste ruins a good brew for me.  I prefer German or Belgian beer, I'd rather have one great beer that 2 or 3 okay beers.

#14 Body Electric

Body Electric

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona, USA
  • Interests:finding rare out of print stuff, and converting to mp3 if necessary, also good 5.1 mixes of rush catalog i have the sectors 2112 and moving picture

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Through a beer bong (funnel, I'm 42 years old and I can still do it). Failing that, directly from a 64 oz pitcher, no glassware, mugs etc(that stuff is for sissies and pregnant women)  plus if im feeling festive, I'll use a crazy straw , just because it hits faster and harder btw, neither funnel nor straw,( nor straight from pitcher for that matter) are options at all what the heck is up with that?  Why must this voting poll be the screen door on my submarine?

Edited by Body Electric, 24 September 2013 - 04:19 PM.


#15 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32967 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostCyclonus X-1, on 24 September 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

I don't drink beer.  It tastes awful.

Blasphemy!!!!

#16 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 32967 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostBody Electric, on 24 September 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Through a beer bong (funnel, I'm 42 years old and I can still do it). Failing that, directly from a 64 oz pitcher, no glassware, mugs etc(that stuff is for sissies and pregnant women)  plus if im feeling festive, I'll use a crazy straw , just because it hits faster and harder btw, neither funnel nor straw,( nor straight from pitcher for that matter) are options at all what the heck is up with that?  Why must this voting poll be the screen door on my submarine?
hehe. I'd drink the beer from a dead man's stomach if that was all that was available!
But really, how is having a pint of whatever is decent on tap 'for sissies and pregnant women'?

#17 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 34776 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 24 September 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostBody Electric, on 24 September 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Through a beer bong (funnel, I'm 42 years old and I can still do it). Failing that, directly from a 64 oz pitcher, no glassware, mugs etc(that stuff is for sissies and pregnant women)  plus if im feeling festive, I'll use a crazy straw , just because it hits faster and harder btw, neither funnel nor straw,( nor straight from pitcher for that matter) are options at all what the heck is up with that?  Why must this voting poll be the screen door on my submarine?
hehe. I'd drink the beer from a dead man's stomach if that was all that was available!
But really, how is having a pint of whatever is decent on tap 'for sissies and pregnant women'?

Blaze, take that comment for what it's worth -- the guy still does funnels at 42.....

#18 Body Electric

Body Electric

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona, USA
  • Interests:finding rare out of print stuff, and converting to mp3 if necessary, also good 5.1 mixes of rush catalog i have the sectors 2112 and moving picture

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

View Post1-0-0-1-0-0-1, on 24 September 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 24 September 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

View PostBody Electric, on 24 September 2013 - 04:13 PM, said:

Through a beer bong (funnel, I'm 42 years old and I can still do it). Failing that, directly from a 64 oz pitcher, no glassware, mugs etc(that stuff is for sissies and pregnant women)  plus if im feeling festive, I'll use a crazy straw , just because it hits faster and harder btw, neither funnel nor straw,( nor straight from pitcher for that matter) are options at all what the heck is up with that?  Why must this voting poll be the screen door on my submarine?
hehe. I'd drink the beer from a dead man's stomach if that was all that was available!
But really, how is having a pint of whatever is decent on tap 'for sissies and pregnant women'?

Blaze, take that comment for what it's worth -- the guy still does funnels at 42.....
touche

#19 Body Electric

Body Electric

    Long Awaited Froind

  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona, USA
  • Interests:finding rare out of print stuff, and converting to mp3 if necessary, also good 5.1 mixes of rush catalog i have the sectors 2112 and moving picture

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

actually im going to try some trooper beer from iron maiden, it hasnt reached the states comercially yet but theres a brewery that has some delivered. im guesing it will be in bottle form.


as for the real answer, (i was just clowning you guys, i am much to old to do any of that stuff at 42). i can still do the beer bong funnel, however, once a year is enough for me (god im not THAT awesome or self destructive)
what i prefer is anything 22 oz glass or mug. usually with something like bass or smithwicks filled about halfway, then proceed to pour guinness onto an inverted spoon, letting the stout pour gently into the ale (omg, please don't screw this up, i might just go crazy) the nitrates in the guinness stout (there are other beverages, including quite a few microbrews out there that use nitration in lieu of carbonation) cause the stout to form its own layer above the ale creating perfection that's good to the last drop
thats my favourite way for realzies.
i do however have a glass boot, which is a great novelty and holds a lot of beer

Edited by Body Electric, 24 September 2013 - 07:21 PM.


#20 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

    73

  • Admin
  • 34776 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostBody Electric, on 24 September 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

actually im going to try some trooper beer from iron maiden, it hasnt reached the states comercially yet but theres a brewery that has some delivered. im guesing it will be in bottle form.


as for the real answer, (i was just clowning you guys, i am much to old to do any of that stuff at 42).

I figured as much. :cheers:

View PostBody Electric, on 24 September 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

i can still do the beer bong funnel, however, once a year is enough for me (god im not THAT awesome or self destructive)
what i prefer is anything 22 oz glass or mug. usually with something like bass or smithwicks filled about halfway, then proceed to pour guinness onto an inverted spoon, letting the stout pour gently into the ale (omg, please don't screw this up, i might just go crazy) the nitrates in the guinness stout (there are other beverages, including quite a few microbrews out there that use nitration in lieu of carbonation) cause the stout to form its own layer above the ale creating perfection that's good to the last drop
thats my favourite way for realzies.
i do however have a glass boot, which is a great novelty and holds a lot of beer

I have a boot too, a Dinkel Acker one. Haven't used it in years, but it sits proudly amongst my authentic German stein collection.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users