Clockwork Angels DVD

upstateNYfan

The terrifying thing about the album is that it's the first time that any of the members of Rush have appeared on an album cover...

I think you can get a glimpse of the in Rush in Rio, but I think you're right that this could be the first album you can clearly see them on the cover.

Having Manhattan Project not in the set allows them to call it a bonus without actually going into the vaults for stuff. Having the Hall of Fame induction would be great and timely. Some old concert footage, even if poor quality would be interesting. But I am happy if the quality of the main set matches anything since R30.-

What is this, the 10th dvd in the past 12 yrs? U ppl are still buying these things? Ever heard of youtube? Rush must believe there are a significant amount of suckers out there for them to release yet another dvd.

As I see, the bands can't count on you to buy their official releases. Nice philosophy, go to You Tube! If you see Rush on tour every 2 years or more, be prepare to have 1 DVD each time.

What is this, the 10th dvd in the past 12 yrs? U ppl are still buying these things? Ever heard of youtube? Rush must believe there are a significant amount of suckers out there for them to release yet another dvd.

You must be a Democrat, you want everything for free.
  • Like 1

You must be a Democrat, you want everything for free.

Yet another stunted, vegetative-processing automaton who traces everything back to politics.

Neil Peart has a message for you:

http://neilpeart.net/audio/youmakemesick.mp3

:LOL:

Well, call me a sucker, because I'll be buying this and I haven't bought the other ones, yet, since I saw those on youtube, but with this CA setlist and all of the cool features. I'm going to buy this if the price is right, hopefully, less than $30.

Edited by Anguyen92

http://trophybiking.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/troll.jpg?w=470&h=352

• Like 1

I think it's great they release so many concert DVDs. While I don't have to buy them all I already did.

I find it weird that people moan about them releasing so many live sets. So many??

If you don't want them , don't buy them.

Remember these sets contain almost 3 hours of live music and the set list has been revolving nicely

since Rush In Rio so I'm pretty damned happy and they keep getting better. For me Clockwork Angels Tour

is the best one yet!

I find bands like ELP & Deep Purple releasing sub-standard live shows are just scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Like 1

Well, for me I love the fact that they've released a DVD after every tour. Yes, it might be too much considering how some songs have been played every tour, but for the songs that they dig out from the vault like Grand Designs and Where's My Thing and of course the new songs off of Clockwork Angels they're worth the purchase of the CD/DVD alone. I'm pretty sure most of us would complain if they didn't record a DVD for the next tour if the setlist happened to have lets say a song like Jacob's Ladder, Losing It, Different Strings, or some other song from the vault.

Geddy addressed the reasoning behind releasing a live DVD every tour since Rush in Rio in an interview with Classic Rock back in the summer of 2008.

Well if you look at what's happening now with technology, more and more bands are releasing live material as the fans are leaving the venue. We're not really into doing that, but if we can recognize the fact that if a band can record their show and sell it to their crowds as they are leaving the venue, then it certainly warrants picking up a really good show and releasing it as a souvenir from that tour. I think that DVD is the perfect medium for a live concert band and I think we'll do one with every tour from now on.
  • Like 1

Well, for me I love the fact that they've released a DVD after every tour. Yes, it might be too much considering how some songs have been played every tour, but for the songs that they dig out from the vault like Grand Designs and Where's My Thing and of course the new songs off of Clockwork Angels they're worth the purchase of the CD/DVD alone. I'm pretty sure most of us would complain if they didn't record a DVD for the next tour if the setlist happened to have lets say a song like Jacob's Ladder, Losing It, Different Strings, or some other song from the vault.

Geddy addressed the reasoning behind releasing a live DVD every tour since Rush in Rio in an interview with Classic Rock back in the summer of 2008.

Well if you look at what's happening now with technology, more and more bands are releasing live material as the fans are leaving the venue. We're not really into doing that, but if we can recognize the fact that if a band can record their show and sell it to their crowds as they are leaving the venue, then it certainly warrants picking up a really good show and releasing it as a souvenir from that tour. I think that DVD is the perfect medium for a live concert band and I think we'll do one with every tour from now on.

Good point.

I just cannot wait to blast out Grand Designs at full volume.

I'm watching Time Machine right now but always felt the mix was slightly muddy and some camera angles used didn't quite look full HD!

It just didn't have the sparkle & shine that Snakes had.

Next stop - Clockwork Angel Tour sound clips!!!

Personally can't wait to pick up the DVD. Going to the concerts on their tours are really an experience and the DVDs memorialize that. It's a moment in time we will never get back. Watching stuff on YouTube is alright for some things but I want to support these guys for their hard work. They've had a huge positive impact on my life. It's hard enough for musicians to make a living nowadays with all the free filesharing and ripping their music.
  • Like 6

I love being able to have a professionally filmed and recorded DVD and live CD for each tour. I love the DVDs because these tours mean a great deal to me, and every time I watch the DVD it reminds me of great moments I had at gigs on the tour, and of the wonderful feeling of being among people who understand why my face looks like that. I love the CDs because I love the modern Rush sound and, especially on the material from Power Windows forward, much prefer the recent live renditions of these songs to the original studio recordings or previous live versions. Bootlegs are fun but they just don't really sound good enough to blast through the house on a chore-filled Saturday morning or to sweep me joyfully along the highway during a road trip in precisely the same way that Alex's bright, chiming riffs joyfully sweep the verses of The Spirit Of Radio into the choruses and breaks.

Call me a sucker, but I am happy to give Rush my money in exchange for this rich resource :yes:

• Like 9

Rush are the only band that have released an album (well up until Vapor Trails) every 2 years.

Every album I listen to reminds me of a period of my life.

My mate who's 49 (I'm 44) was moaning about the 80's sound of Power Windows.

The other side of the coin is I was 17/18 years old when I was listening to Power Windows & Hold Your Fire in constant rotation.

It brings back memories of that age when you're old enough to out drinking (still am), chase girls (still am) and listening to Rush a lot (still am).

Glad they did a good chunk of PW on CATour. I'm surprised they didn't just do the whole album since it's one of Ged's favs.

• Like 1

How could anyone consider watching this on YouTube a replacement for the disc? The sound quality on YouTube is atrocious, and the video quality sucks on anything but the smallest of screens. No thanks. I'll be listening in 5.1 and 1080p with the volume as high as possible without waking up the kids.
  • Like 5

If they didn't release a DVD from any given tour, you'd have people complaining that they can't relive the tour outside of crappy audience-filmed YouTube clips.

I agree. I'm still pissed they never released a DVD for the Test For Echo Tour that would have 2112 in its Entirety. other live shows I would like to have were the Counterparts and Roll the Bones Tours. Yes. Roll the Bones:

Edited by losingit2k

I can't believe anyone can think youtube videos shot on an iphone are a replacement for a professional filmed/recorded Blu Ray, in 1080p, crystal clear 5.1 sound, rocking through my home theatre system, reliving the real concert I went to. They are money well spent, I would happily pay much more than the normal retail price. For $25 they are giving them away. Yes I also wish they had more old shows like T4E, of that the Replay X3 set were complete concerts. If you guys haven't already you should check out Queen Rock Montreal. I've never been any big fan of them, but that disc has amazing picture and sound, capturing one of the great bands at their peak. It's fantastic.