Dallas Cowboys

Well 7-9 is now the best possible division winner. I am excited about maybe making the playoffs, but the realistic me knows the drop off in draft picks is most likely not worth it

Granted, and I get that, but wouldn't coming back from left for dead be a great story in and of itself? Plus, we hardly need half-a-dozen new skill players, and surely we could find some o- and d-linemen more mid-round?

• Like 1

Well 7-9 is now the best possible division winner. I am excited about maybe making the playoffs, but the realistic me knows the drop off in draft picks is most likely not worth it

Granted, and I get that, but wouldn't coming back from left for dead be a great story in and of itself? Plus, we hardly need half-a-dozen new skill players, and surely we could find some o- and d-linemen more mid-round?

Agreed!! Let's go for it. Kind of reminds me a little of the Giants Super Bowl win in the Patrick Crayton DROP season, when they just kept beating teams as the underdog. This is what being a fan is all about - HOPE!

• Like 1

We're still processing our grief. From the pre-season prediction highs to the season reality lows, this was a nut-punch of a year. Now I switch full-time to praying Jerry doesn't screw up the draft somehow. I don't know where we need help first, frankly.
  • Like 1

Yep kind of ended the way the whole season went. Major disappointment but I am looking forward to getting all of the injured players back. Offence will be fine. Draft DEFENCE!!!
  • Like 1

What this team really needs is a D scheme that fits the players we have and a draft that adds players to fit the new scheme. O line help is a must also, skill positions on O are fine as is. Dak should be good to go, but might not be the runner he's been.
  • Like 1

I agree draft D! I have seen some mocks that have us taking Pitts the TE with the first pick. I will lose it! Either a stud defensive player or the best offensive tackle. And yes the defense was so bad last year. They looked lost and a lot of that had to be scheme. No off season, but Nolan was not good. Hopefully Quinn can get things back on track.
  • Like 1

[sniff, sniff]

The fact someone would go to the trouble to make that (^^) meme or point out that statistical trivia simply points to the cultural centrality of the Dallas Cowboys! They're around, even when they're not around.

Just wait 'til next year! {copy and paste as necessary}

• Like 1

[sniff, sniff]

The fact someone would go to the trouble to make that (^^) meme or point out that statistical trivia simply points to the cultural centrality of the Dallas Cowboys! They're around, even when they're not around.

Just wait 'til next year! {copy and paste as necessary}

You make a good point about cultural centrality. But just think of all the other things that meet that description and consider whether that's a group one would like to be associated with...

• Like 1

I have said it before. Became a fan in 1971 - first Super Bowl team as a kid. This is the most disappointing season yet. What an under-achieving bunch. Even with the injuries. I actually thought they were a SB contender before the season started.

Really? Well I suppose hope springs eternal but the D was never going to allow that. I'm on team tank at this point looking for the highest draft pick possible. That's one area we've improved in lately.

As someone who isn't a fan, I'll say yes and no as it concerns your first round choice last year. Lamb looks really good to be sure, but the team's C (Frederick?) had just retired and Cesar Ruiz, the best C in the draft, was on the board and you already had Cooper and Gallup on the roster. Should have taken Ruiz imo.

Correction, Frederick retired too soon before the draft for the team to rework their board.

Edited by Weakly Criminal

So, Cowboys fans, I'm reading more versions of why Dallas should let Prescott go rather than tag him again, and then they could trade up and draft a new, cheap quarterback to play behind a rehabbed o-line.

I'm not convinced, partly because we already know Prescott is good, and bird in hand, etc.

Still, he's gonna be expensive no matter what, and we've got a lot of holes to plug.

Would letting Dak go be the dumbest thing Jerry's ever done, or a sound step going forward?

So, Cowboys fans, I'm reading more versions of why Dallas should let Prescott go rather than tag him again, and then they could trade up and draft a new, cheap quarterback to play behind a rehabbed o-line.

I'm not convinced, partly because we already know Prescott is good, and bird in hand, etc.

Still, he's gonna be expensive no matter what, and we've got a lot of holes to plug.

Would letting Dak go be the dumbest thing Jerry's ever done, or a sound step going forward?

Don't know if it would be the dumbest thing he's done--there's plenty of competition --but it would be up there.

• Like 2

Russell Wilson may be looking for new digs, but he won't be cheap.

• Like 1

Fukk you Pete Carroll

While a person might be crazy not to want Russell Wilson, I'd be concerned about fit. If he wants out of Seattle because the run-heavy game won't let him "cook," that hardly bodes well for a good use of Zeke, still one of the best backs in the league -- and a guy we're already paying big bucks.

I want Dak back.

• Like 2