Firefly

USB Connector

I went to Best Buy a few days ago to get the new Joe Bonamassa DVD. While there, I looked in the SCi-Fi movie section and found Serenity for $10! Then I came across the Blu Ray edition of Firefly with a list price of $62.99, on sale for $20! Double score!

They still sell Blue Rays for more than $30!? Or is it that much because Serenity Blue Ray is discontinued?

He was talking about the series, Firefly, not Serenity.

Mosher please control your erection.

Multiple sources are siting that FOX TV is open to brining back Firefly...under one condition. Joss Whedon must return as the show runner. First of all it is almost universal that Joss must be part of any future TV/film version of the Serenity crew. Secondly it has been understood Joss wants to revisit the beloved one season sci-fI western, some articles claim otherwise stating he's done.

What say you? Perhaps Browncoats need a clever campaign to send Joss a message loud and clear!

• Like 3

Joss definitely needs to be on board if they want to bring it back. I'm not sure if it would work still or not. Too much time has passed since it was cancelled and that initial magic may not be there now.

Maybe but aside from the recently departed Ron Glass the cast is available and interested in doing more. I doubt Joss Whedon lost his chops. At FOX both the X Files is back and a new 24.

I'm not one of those who believe a failed attempt at a reboot or a rekindling hurts a legacy. What Firefly was was great, and if a reboot sucks Firefly still was great.

So in that spirit, I'm all for this.

Getting all parties back would be challenging. How much must Whedon be involved? If he merely must approve cast and writers then I think he could be brought on. Otherwise he certainly has other things to do. He might be afraid to go back after the time that's passed.

Personally I'd want the same writers, and I see no reason not to bring back Nathan. I don't agree that they're too old, just set it later.

The way I see it, none of them are at retirement age, and presumably none of them would have quite Flying.

The trick is new blood. They need new blood with Book gone. They have to cast and write that new blood really well.

I think they can do it.

If it is a reboot, I'm game. The cast has to be great.

Get Maise Williams in a reboot, her sense of humor is perfect. Who else? Chris Pratt- or is that too obvious?

• Like 1

I'm not one of those who believe a failed attempt at a reboot or a rekindling hurts a legacy. What Firefly was was great, and if a reboot sucks Firefly still was great.

Getting all parties back would be challenging. How much must Whedon be involved? If he merely must approve cast and writers then I think he could be brought on. Otherwise he certainly has other things to do. He might be afraid to go back after the time that's passed.

Personally I'd want the same writers, and I see no reason not to bring back Nathan. I don't agree that they're too old, just set it later.

The way I see it, none of them are at retirement age, and presumably none of them would have quite Flying.

The trick is new blood. They need new blood with Book gone. They have to cast and write that new blood really well.

I think they can do it.

Get Maise Williams in a reboot, her sense of humor is perfect. Who else? Chris Pratt- or is that too obvious?

At least 3 of the main cast will be far more expensive than before.

• Like 1

I think they can do it.

Oh, Maisie Williams is good call if they bring in a new character or do a reboot. Chris Pratt is way too big of a movie star now to go back to TV. I'm certain his price tag is way too high now. Although i'm sure Maisie Williams wouldn't come that cheap either.

I think they can do it.

Almost certainly. It's all about how much they would risk.

I'm fine with a complete start over if the writing is the same. I already trust Joss's ability to caste.

I think they can do it.

Oh, Maisie Williams is good call if they bring in a new character or do a reboot. Chris Pratt is way too big of a movie star now to go back to TV. I'm certain his price tag is way too high now. Although i'm sure Maisie Williams wouldn't come that cheap either.

I know they wouldn't get Pratt. I was just trying to think of people who I already think can nail the humor. I'm sure a lot of others could, I just can't think of them/don't know that about them yet.

Maisie would be great in a reboot or a continuation.

After all, it's a good chance they're only committing to part of one season...

The premier would break records possibly. It's that second episode.

Some people will be disappointed no matter what, others will watch no matter what. The rest is up to the writers and the cast.

It's even possible that Fox would run the episodes in order, anything could happen!

• Like 1

If they're starting Firefly back up you NEED all of the original cast members who are left after Serenity.

Nathan Fillion is 75% of Firefly, you need that guy for sure.

I think they can do it.

Fillion would be on for less, he's said many many times if he had his druthers he'd start Firefly back up himself.

AWESOME!