Which studio album was the best?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which studio album was the best?

• Outlandos dAmour
    • Reggatta de Blanc
    • Zenyatta Mondatta
    • Ghost in the Machine
    • Synchronicity

A week or so ago I had my clock radio on a classic rock station and they played Miss Gradenko.

To me it's a u forgotten classic. That's one of my favorite Police songs for whatever reason?

A week or so ago I had my clock radio on a classic rock station and they played Miss Gradenko.

To me it's a u forgotten classic. That's one of my favorite Police songs for whatever reason?

Excellent guitar work by Andy makes it a gem.

That is a weird one to hear on the radio though. Like the time I heard Passage to Bankok on a classic rock station here. It was wild.

Maybe the DJ had dislexia and thought it said "TOM SAWYER"?

Another bit of Police trivia: they won a Grammy of "best instrumental song" for Zenyatta's Behind my Camel, beating Rush's YYZ. Andy wrote it, Sting was against recording it but was outvoted. He refused to play in it, then Stewart played bass on it. And who was there to receive the award? Sting himself.

Another useless bit of info: Ghost in the Machine's intended name was Trimondo Blondino, but the record company refused to call it that. I think it would have made sense to keep the album titles weird...

That is a weird one to hear on the radio though. Like the time I heard Passage to Bankok on a classic rock station here. It was wild.

Maybe the DJ had dislexia and thought it said "TOM SAWYER"?

Odd in deed I almost fell out of my bed......I was saying no way, no way or that DJ was a fan like me.

Another bit of Police trivia: they won a Grammy of "best instrumental song" for Zenyatta's Behind my Camel, beating Rush's YYZ. Andy wrote it, Sting was against recording it but was outvoted. He refused to play in it, then Stewart played bass on it. And who was there to receive the award? Sting himself.

Another useless bit of info: Ghost in the Machine's intended name was Trimondo Blondino, but the record company refused to call it that. I think it would have made sense to keep the album titles weird...

I'm glad they did, "Ghost in the Machine" is a badass title. That's also their best album cover by far.

http://cdn.sting.com/non_secure/images/20110419/discography/ghost/400.jpg

I saw them in 2008 in Rio, saw Sting in Oslo in 2012 and Andy a bunch of times.

I saw him at a small restaraunt bar years ago, the thing that really got me is how friggin' SHORT he is.

Like he can't be more than 5' tops.

Who cares if he is five feet, or four feet, or a member of the Lollipop Guild? ;) He plays a mean guitar and does things I never heard any other guitar player do.

But he's no Alex. In my opinion.

Edited by Lorraine

The Police, based upon the best of that I have, were freakin amazin!

Need more...

Ok dude. It's plain and simple. BUY ALL FIVE ALBUMS!!! I'm in fear that "Ghost Of The Machine" might be the least favorite. Take a look at that album cover by the way.

There is a backwards 666 on the album cover!

You do know what the symbols on the cover are, right?

No. what are they?

The Police, based upon the best of that I have, were freakin amazin!

Need more...

Ok dude. It's plain and simple. BUY ALL FIVE ALBUMS!!! I'm in fear that "Ghost Of The Machine" might be the least favorite. Take a look at that album cover by the way.

There is a backwards 666 on the album cover!

You do know what the symbols on the cover are, right?

No. what are they?

The cover of "Ghost" has those three red digits. Well each one is actually a face. It's Summers, Sting and Stewie.

• Like 2

Seriously people, Ghost in the Machine is not the best Police album!

Dude! It's my least favorite! Stewart's drumming is bland. Kills me. Zenyatta is the GREATEST!

If Stewart's drumming is bland, it's because the songs are bland!

• Like 1

Dude! It's my least favorite! Stewart's drumming is bland. Kills me. Zenyatta is the GREATEST!

I totally agree! Fukk man that album kills me. Stewart barely even touches his octobans. Hardly any splashes either! No tricky fills either. What? Did they tell Stew to chill? Fukking lame!

I totally agree! Fukk man that album kills me. Stewart barely even touches his octobans. Hardly any splashes either! No tricky fills either. What? Did they tell Stew to chill? Fukking lame!

Full disclosure, I'm not a drummer.

But, I have a theory.

Ringo Starr's best drumming is always on the best Beatles songs. A drummer can only do so much. A drummer cannot make a song better, but can emphasize what is great about a song.

Does that make sense?

There's a bottle of Buffalo Trace on my desk...

• Like 1

But, I have a theory.

Ringo Starr's best drumming is always on the best Beatles songs. A drummer can only do so much. A drummer cannot make a song better, but can emphasize what is great about a song.

Does that make sense?

Yes! As a drummer I get it. I would like to use the commercial and overplayed song "Wrapped Around Your Finger." To me Stewart's drumming is amazing on that song even though it is a so-called "hit." The splashes are amazing in that song. He also uses his octobans. I don't know man, perhaps I'm just obsessed with splashes and octobans.

Buffalo Trace? Never had it. My company is called Buffalo Distribution. We distribute footwear. Not buffalo meat. LOL!

I have a nice bottle of Tito's Vodka. I'm going to make fresh ice cold Moscow Mules. You like the Buffalo. I like the Mule.

Cheers!

But, I have a theory.

Does that make sense?

Yes! As a drummer I get it. I would like to use the commercial and overplayed song "Wrapped Around Your Finger." To me Stewart's drumming is amazing on that song even though it is a so-called "hit." The splashes are amazing in that song. He also uses his octobans. I don't know man, perhaps I'm just obsessed with splashes and octobans.

Buffalo Trace? Never had it. My company is called Buffalo Distribution. We distribute footwear. Not buffalo meat. LOL!

I have a nice bottle of Tito's Vodka. I'm going to make fresh ice cold Moscow Mules. You like the Buffalo. I like the Mule.

Cheers!

Buffalo Trace Straight Kentucy Bourbon. Neat.

• Like 1

But, I have a theory.

Does that make sense?

Cheers!

Buffalo Trace Straight Kentucy Bourbon. Neat.

Ok buddy. I will pick some up! Did I tell you I picked up some Frank Sinatra Jack. Very expensive but it's delicious. I drink it like Frank. A class with one ice cube. Pour.