• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#21 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

We went to the pet store today to get some food I'm trying with my supposedly allergic kitty, and had lunch at the Hoffman's Hot Haus in the same shopping plaza. We both had a mixed double (hot dog and coney) on one roll, and rice pudding with cinnamon. The place inspired lots of conversation about Gershon's Sausage tongue.gif  

Sponsored Post

#22 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

Last night my mom, uncle, aunt, and my mom's neighbors went to Joey's Italian restaurant. We shared a fried calamari appetizer, and I had linguine with white clam sauce, which had whole small clams and lots of garlic. Yummy stuff  yes.gif  

#23 The Owl

The Owl

Gary #2

• Members *
  • 13987 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:45 PM

There are a shit load of Mexican restaurants in Austin, alot of them are great, and alot not so much.... Which is why I am apprehensive about going to a Mexican restaurant I have not ever tried..

But just ate at this place

http://www.casagarcias.net/

Casa Garcias, in Austin Texas (there are 3 of them here).... f***ing amazing... had a really good beef fajita burrito...  

#24 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:03 PM

Went to Denny's again Friday night...I had an ultimate omelette, and actually got my soup this time, though still almost with my food...this time the excuse was "we wanted to make new clam chowder". I guess I don't want dried-up old clam chowder! Got another survey to fill out for a free Grand Slam, too.

#25 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

Went to the Chinese buffet Friday night...what didn't I eat? My fortune said I was an inspiring and exciting person. Gotta love that comic relief! Dan's said something like "Discontent is the first step for change for a person or a nation", and I told him it reminded me of "Always hopeful yest discontent/ He knows changes aren't permanent/ But change is".

Tonight we took both our mothers to Copper Top Tavern...I had San Marco Swordfish, with pesto sauce, olives, basil, tomatoes, and lots of garlic on top. Dan had another kind of swordfish with a mango sauce, his mom had fettucine carbonara, and my mom had sausage and pepper pasta. We were all stuffed!

#26 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

Went to Cracker Barrel last night, and both had the fish special with cracker crumb breading. It was good, not fabulous though, but Dan loved it. He had green beans, carrots and corn and I had carrots, french fries, and fried apples. The cornbread and biscuits were my brekkie this AM tongue.gif  

#27 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

Back to Denny's last night. Grand Slam for Dan, chicken ranch melt for me. Had one of our favorite waitresses, and got my clam chowder with great timing new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

#28 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:59 PM

Friday night we went to Subway...I had the BMT, Dan had turkey. I discovered I like honey oat rolls better than herb and cheese. Yesterday morning we went to Perkins and had omelettes...I had the farmer's, I think it was called, with everything in it, and I chose pancakes and breakfast potatoes with it. I wasn't hungry until dinner, when I finally ate the breakfast potatoes I brought home!

#29 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

Went to Cheeburger Cheeburger tonight...the food is sort of like Five Guys, but the atmosphere more of a '50's diner-type feel. I had the Semi-Serious (1/3 lb) burger with cheddar, lettuce, artichoke hearts, chopped garlic, black olives, and mayo. They have every topping (and every flavor milkshake) under the sun. We also shared a mixed basket of fries and onion rings.

My mom is in their scrapbook for having eaten a pounder  ohmy.gif  I could probably do it, but would have to be a lot hungrier - I was too full from having gone out to brunch this morning.

On a cool note, the cook at the omelette station saw my Rush shirt and said, "Is that a Rush shirt you have on"? Turns out he's a fan and went to see them on the COS tour!!!

#30 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

We had our work clambake last night...what DIDN'T I eat? Let's see, I had steamed clams, salad, pasta salad, kielbasa and sauerkraut, Italian sausage, coney (no rolls), chicken finger, meatballs, German potato salad, salt potato, baked beans, ziti, beer, soda, and ice cream. I came home and sacked out right away, I was so full, so no TRF for me last night! I think I scared my co-workers with how much I ate...one asked, "How do you not get sick?" I said, "Well, I do have a stomach ache today that has far more to do with overeating than the quality of the food!"  

#31 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 21715 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:30 PM

Had a one item combo at a Chinese place with rice,chow mein and mushroom chicken.  The latter included some carrots,celery and zucchini.

#32 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20796 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

Last night went to "Al Dente" Italian restaurant in Boston's North End and had the chicken marsala with a house salad with wine vinaigrette dressing.

It consists of boneless breasts sauteed with fresh mushrooms, ham,
in marsala wine sauce. The chicken melts in your mouth, very tender.

#33 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

Well, Denny's has a new menu - no more Baconalia, although one menu item did make it onto the new menu (can't remember which). On Friday, Dan and I both had the Midwest Meat and Potato Sandwich (prime rib slices, cheeses, french fries, gravy) with mashed potatoes from the Tour of America menu, and shared an order of onion rings and a Hawaiian Tropical smoothie.

Last night I failed to make us some blueberry pancakes, so back out to Subway we went! Had our usual turkey (Dan) and BMT (me) on Honey Oat...

#34 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

• Members
  • 21715 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

I'm going with my family since my sister is back in town.  Going by tradition, it will most likely be Chili's.

#35 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

^ Mmm, Chili's!

Went to Cheeburger Cheeburger again last night...had my burger with mozzarella, artichoke hearts, chopped garlic, and black olives again. I got a butterscotch milkshake, which was okay, but nowhere near as good as the peanut butter cup one I had before. Next time I'll try another flavor...they have tons!

#36 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

• Members
  • 21715 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:40 PM

Ended up going to Panera Bread.  Had some Cuban sandwich with Thai chicken salad, potato chips and green tea.

#37 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

Cracker Barrel Friday night. I had a roast beef dinner with carrots, mashed potatoes, and fried apples, and Dan had beef brisket. Both were good!

Went to DiBello's Italian restaurant on Saturday. Mom and I had fried haddock and Dan had chicken riggies. Nice big piece of fish, and very good!

#38 coolphantom190

coolphantom190

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1727 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar and listening to music.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

Went to Culver's for dinner today!

It was pretty good! I got the chicken sandwich. I do not usually have that there! Of course, I usually get the cheeseburger!
Had fries, too! Yum!!

Edited by coolphantom190, 05 July 2011 - 11:25 PM.

#39 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Friday night - back to Denny's - Midwest Meat and Potato Sandwich and Hawaiian Tropical smoothie again. Build your own Grand Slam and smoothie for Dan.

#40 ioc

ioc

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1246 posts
  • Interests:lutherie, recording, performing

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

Baja Fresh (enchilado style, baby) or Qdoba. Delish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users