Whats for Dinner #2: Dining Out Editon

The Owl

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday we went out to Joey's Italian restaurant with my mother, brother, and a couple of my mom's friends. I had Linguini ala Tarantese (mussels, escargot, and sauteed mushrooms in lemon, butter, and white wine over linguine). Dan had chicken parm.

Went to an Asian bistro in Salt Lake City where I'm visiting some family in Bountiful,UT for the weekend and had some spicy Thai chicken and peanut dish over brown rice with hot green tea. Best Thai dish I've ever had to be honest. 1022.gif

Also, I went to Smiths market later and got crunchy tempura shrimp rolls.

Edited by invisible airwave

Wednesday was a regular Arby's roast beef meal with homestyle fries before job #2. Last night was a build-your-own Grand Slam at Denny's with scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, and pumpkin pie pancakes - I had to take some of the whipped cream off, and they aren't something I could take a steady diet of, but they were good for a change.

Friday night we went to the diner and they were out of fried haddock, so Dan had fried scallops and I had scallops and shrimp. They were pretty good, but not as good as the fish. Fly By Night played on the radio station they had playing, though, so that made my night 2.gif

Saturday night was my work Christmas party, at a lodge owned by another company that they rent out for parties. Beautiful place. They had bacon.gif wrapped scallops and bruschetta for appetizers, salad, pepper crusted roast beef, chicken riggies, and oodles of desserts - lots of fruit and chocolate tarts. They had a coffee station with all kinds of flavorings, and I was having so much fun with that that I didn't even indulge in the alcohol department!

Been eating a lot of fast food the last couple of weeks between my two jobs - Arby's (regular roast beef and beef & cheddar), pizza, chicken curry at the Chinese take-out, Subway BMT.

We've been going to the diner for fish most Fridays, too.

Edited by 1 of the 7

Went back to Denny's last night as my mom gave me a bunch of coupons for Christmas that are only good this month. I had the Philly Steak & Cheese melt and replaced the fries with broccoli - trying to cut down on fries in the new year. Dan had tilapia ranchero and chicken soup because he's sick. He didn't get the soup until he asked for it again (common problem we've had before), so they didn't charge up for it. That and the coupon and it was a cheap dinner.

Capitalized on Burger King coupons last night with my mom.... at 1am. Free original chicken.

Protip: always fresh food at BK when it's late night.

Had some Asian Chicken meal with rice,baby corn, string beans and carrots from Fresh N Easy and chicken noodle soup from my local Safeway (Vons) grocery chain.

Gonna try out Jersey Mike's Subs for the first time tomorrow for a grand opening in my city. Got 1/2 of coupons at my local gym today for it's grand opening deal from tomorrow through the end of the weekend.

Edited by invisible airwave

Went to some fancy restaurant (Cliffs Resort) for"lunner" visiting my cousins in Shell Beach,CA and had some nachos(Grilled Chicken Nachos - Black Beans, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Tomatoes, Jalapenos, Ranchero Sauce) and a delicious cobb salad dish (Chopped Cobb - Little Gem Greens, Apple Wood Smoked Bacon, Queso Fresca, Egg, Coriander Vinaigrette) all with a nice view of the Pacific Ocean near the cliff. Edited by invisible airwave

Went to Village Burger last night - tasty tasty! I had a homemade Moroccan burger - pine nuts, chopped apricots, and spices mixed in the burger, topped with lettuce, tomato, and Aoli - their special sauce with mayo, orange zest, orange juice, and fresh garlic. It normally comes with a red onion slice, but I passed on that. The spices had some kick to them, I tell ya! They have a Towering Inferno Challenge with only 3 out of 53 people having succeeded. Not for me, thanks!

Dan had the Aloha with Swiss cheese, pineapple, grilled onions, teriyaki sauce, lettuce, and tomato.

They have some vinyl record covers on the walls, but sadly, no Rush. They were playing Ozzy's No More Tears, though, which was cool and not your normal crappy muzak 1022.gif

Went to Applebees with Dan and Mom last night...they had cowboy burgers (bacon, crispy onions, cheese, and BBQ sauce) and I had parmesan chicken stack (chicken parm over fettucine alfredo with green and red peppers). I'm not hugely into peppers, but it was really good.