Whats for Dinner #2: Dining Out Editon

The Owl

Went to Cracker Barrel last night, and both had the fish special with cracker crumb breading. It was good, not fabulous though, but Dan loved it. He had green beans, carrots and corn and I had carrots, french fries, and fried apples. The cornbread and biscuits were my brekkie this AM tongue.gif

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday night we went to Subway...I had the BMT, Dan had turkey. I discovered I like honey oat rolls better than herb and cheese. Yesterday morning we went to Perkins and had omelettes...I had the farmer's, I think it was called, with everything in it, and I chose pancakes and breakfast potatoes with it. I wasn't hungry until dinner, when I finally ate the breakfast potatoes I brought home!

Went to Cheeburger Cheeburger tonight...the food is sort of like Five Guys, but the atmosphere more of a '50's diner-type feel. I had the Semi-Serious (1/3 lb) burger with cheddar, lettuce, artichoke hearts, chopped garlic, black olives, and mayo. They have every topping (and every flavor milkshake) under the sun. We also shared a mixed basket of fries and onion rings.

My mom is in their scrapbook for having eaten a pounder ohmy.gif I could probably do it, but would have to be a lot hungrier - I was too full from having gone out to brunch this morning.

On a cool note, the cook at the omelette station saw my Rush shirt and said, "Is that a Rush shirt you have on"? Turns out he's a fan and went to see them on the COS tour!!!

We had our work clambake last night...what DIDN'T I eat? Let's see, I had steamed clams, salad, pasta salad, kielbasa and sauerkraut, Italian sausage, coney (no rolls), chicken finger, meatballs, German potato salad, salt potato, baked beans, ziti, beer, soda, and ice cream. I came home and sacked out right away, I was so full, so no TRF for me last night! I think I scared my co-workers with how much I ate...one asked, "How do you not get sick?" I said, "Well, I do have a stomach ache today that has far more to do with overeating than the quality of the food!"

Last night went to "Al Dente" Italian restaurant in Boston's North End and had the chicken marsala with a house salad with wine vinaigrette dressing.

It consists of boneless breasts sauteed with fresh mushrooms, ham,

in marsala wine sauce. The chicken melts in your mouth, very tender.

Well, Denny's has a new menu - no more Baconalia, although one menu item did make it onto the new menu (can't remember which). On Friday, Dan and I both had the Midwest Meat and Potato Sandwich (prime rib slices, cheeses, french fries, gravy) with mashed potatoes from the Tour of America menu, and shared an order of onion rings and a Hawaiian Tropical smoothie.

Last night I failed to make us some blueberry pancakes, so back out to Subway we went! Had our usual turkey (Dan) and BMT (me) on Honey Oat...

^ Mmm, Chili's!

Went to Cheeburger Cheeburger again last night...had my burger with mozzarella, artichoke hearts, chopped garlic, and black olives again. I got a butterscotch milkshake, which was okay, but nowhere near as good as the peanut butter cup one I had before. Next time I'll try another flavor...they have tons!

Cracker Barrel Friday night. I had a roast beef dinner with carrots, mashed potatoes, and fried apples, and Dan had beef brisket. Both were good!

Went to DiBello's Italian restaurant on Saturday. Mom and I had fried haddock and Dan had chicken riggies. Nice big piece of fish, and very good!

Went to Culver's for dinner today!

It was pretty good! I got the chicken sandwich. I do not usually have that there! Of course, I usually get the cheeseburger!

Had fries, too! Yum!!

Edited by coolphantom190

Geddy's birthday dinner at Denny's, haha laugh.gif I had Hawaiian macadamia nut pancakes with sliced pineapple and coconut whipped cream, scrambled eggs and bacon.gif Dan built his own Grand Slam (hey, at least there's a baseball reference in there for Geddy) and we both had Hawaiian smoothies.

Friday my boyfriend went and got us fried fish and fries, because I injured my eye and, at the time, he thought it might be pink eye and I shouldn't go out if I was contagious. By last night, I knew I wasn't, and we went to Subway. I had steak and cheese with olives. Weird, I know.