North America announcement!!!!

liddybuck01

RUSH

Touring...2nd year in a row

No way I can afford to go again after 3 shows last year

Should I really go again to as many shows as I can?

More importantly, is that even really a question? Is there actually an option not to? Cant compute...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

After seeing them play at PNC last year I can't wait to do it a few more times. Even if the setlist is exactly the same.

Its RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 29 2010, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Nov 29 2010, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Nov 29 2010, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Nov 29 2010, 10:22 AM)
Once again Rush f*cks Buffalo

my guess is a darien date later in the summer.

Maybe early June if anything

I'm hoping we get something like that. It use to be when a Rush tour annoucment was coming there was no doubt a Buffalo date would be on it. Now we've gotta beg for one. I'm not sure what's going on with the concert promoters here lately but they'll book f*ckin Dane Cook of all people to play the arena here and we can't even get Rush to come around anymore confused13.gif

Somebody's dropping the ball around here lately because some big tours have passed us by over the last couple years.

Well the disaster of a concert season DL had last yr

Live Nation is not happy with the management and booker at DL They will now be telling them what shows they want DL to take and they wont be able to turn the shows down. Expect more rock and maybe metal shows this year if descent acts are touring.They might be getting away from the pop rock adolescent music.Not sure but thats a little of what I am hearing

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 29 2010, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 29 2010, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 29 2010, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 29 2010, 04:02 PM)
Its still the Time Machine? Is the new album due before the New North American tour dates?
I will be passing if this is just the same show as 2010.

No new album till the end of the world Ticky-I mean 2012!

ohmy.gif

Seriously? If that's true, I have no interest in Rush for 2011.

Well it's looking likely; they're not releasing an album this year as we know, and they're touring March-June 2011. By July they'll still be in the same position as they were in 2006, a few songs written and recorded, more songs still needed etc. They'll go in the studio to record the rest of the songs and produce the whole album september/october and it'll be mastered and finished by January 2012 ready for a May release and a whole new Clockwork Oranges Tour...

This Time Machine Tour is looking like the R30 Tour but without the Feedback album...

trink38.gif

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=60525&hl=

I just opened up my Rush email.

Spring on the East Coast only? Fuckking BULLSHIT.

How much will the setlist really change?

Does anyone know if they will change the setlist?

I went five times this summer.

I'm not going to shell out the cash to fly back east.

I will wait for the "Clockwork Angels" Tour.

Wow, Rush truly is the greatest band in the world.

They sure as shit aren't doing all of this touring for greed.

They actually love to fuckking play music.

I'm impressed once again even though I'm sitting this east coast leg out.

I'm stuck on 50 shows for now.

This Seattle resident is patiently awaiting the West Coast dates to be announced. I'd love to go up to Vancouver BC to see a show - beautiful city. Also considering seeing a show out east, maybe Baltimore? But what the heck is up with "a very special return play in Los Angeles." Makes me wonder.

I treat every Rush tour like it's last, and I think more here should too. I'm not confident a Clockworks angles tour is 100%.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Nov 30 2010, 01:48 AM)

Spring on the East Coast only? Fuckking BULLSHIT.

Nashville, Chicago, and Detroit aren't on the east coast.

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Nov 30 2010, 12:18 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 29 2010, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 29 2010, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 29 2010, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 29 2010, 04:02 PM)
Its still the Time Machine? Is the new album due before the New North American tour dates?
I will be passing if this is just the same show as 2010.

No new album till the end of the world Ticky-I mean 2012!

ohmy.gif

Seriously? If that's true, I have no interest in Rush for 2011.

Well it's looking likely; they're not releasing an album this year as we know, and they're touring March-June 2011. By July they'll still be in the same position as they were in 2006, a few songs written and recorded, more songs still needed etc. They'll go in the studio to record the rest of the songs and produce the whole album september/october and it'll be mastered and finished by January 2012 ready for a May release and a whole new Clockwork Oranges Tour...

This Time Machine Tour is looking like the R30 Tour but without the Feedback album...

trink38.gif

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=60525&hl=

I read it the first time. And like I said the album will not be out till around May 2012...

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Nov 30 2010, 01:13 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Nov 30 2010, 01:48 AM)

Spring on the East Coast only?  Fuckking BULLSHIT.

Nashville, Chicago, and Detroit aren't on the east coast.

Sorry! Selfish West Coast Rush Fan here. Madison Square Garden was on my radar but it just won't work. Forget middle America. I mean "Middletown Dreams."

I jumped the gun and I wouldn't fly to Chicago either, but I just noticed in the fine print that they are doing an L.A. show.

So I will be that that one.

Signed,

"AREA 51"

Do you get it?

The Area 51's are the Dodgers Triple A team.

It will be my 51st Rush show in Los Angeles.

What a stretch!

EH?

QUOTE (Drewski @ Nov 30 2010, 02:20 AM)

I treat every Rush tour like it's last, and I think more here should too. I'm not confident a Clockworks angles tour is 100%.

What he said.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Nov 30 2010, 02:48 AM)

Spring on the East Coast only?  Fuckking BULLSHIT.

Relax, its not that big a deal. You more than had your fill of the time machine. Just wait for the next tour and it will mean more.

I live in Connecticut and I have no plans to go to the Garden for this round. The only reason I even remotely think about it would be to hang out with my buds like Metaldad, and Donna, and Pags, and Slacker, and Queenie, and PTA, and Natch, and 1001, and...............

but I aint goin.

Edited by tick

Sorry if this has been answered already, but yesterday's announcement said presales will begin for select shows on 12/6... but it doesn't say which select shows.

Anyone have any info on which shows? We're thinking of heading from Boston to New York for the Madison Square Garden show. The Garden Grady 2007 was an absolute blast. No reason to expect otherwise this time, right?

2.gif

QUOTE (Drewski @ Nov 30 2010, 03:20 AM)

I am.

but then again, I have been blessed enough to be approaching my 40th Rush show, so I can miss a rehash of last years show which was awesome. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Nov 29 2010, 11:48 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 29 2010, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Nov 29 2010, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Nov 29 2010, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Nov 29 2010, 10:22 AM)
Once again Rush f*cks Buffalo

my guess is a darien date later in the summer.

Maybe early June if anything

I'm hoping we get something like that. It use to be when a Rush tour annoucment was coming there was no doubt a Buffalo date would be on it. Now we've gotta beg for one. I'm not sure what's going on with the concert promoters here lately but they'll book f*ckin Dane Cook of all people to play the arena here and we can't even get Rush to come around anymore confused13.gif

Somebody's dropping the ball around here lately because some big tours have passed us by over the last couple years.

Well the disaster of a concert season DL had last yr

Live Nation is not happy with the management and booker at DL They will now be telling them what shows they want DL to take and they wont be able to turn the shows down. Expect more rock and maybe metal shows this year if descent acts are touring.They might be getting away from the pop rock adolescent music.Not sure but thats a little of what I am hearing

Hopefully that turns out to be true. It just gets irritating when artists such as Rush and other major tours like Ozzy and Alice In Chains recent one just pass us by when you know that the people will show up in good numbers for shows like that.

I'm glad Darien Lake had a bad summer with concerts. Maybe it'll teach the booker there to put a band that can draw like Rush on the schedule next year.

QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Nov 30 2010, 10:12 AM)
Oh, and allow me to state publicly... I very much doubt the set list will change much, if at all.

Just saying.

2.gif

Agreed. Maybe swap out one song for another, but that's about it.

For those of you thinking there will be a Clockwork Angels album with no tour - you're kidding, right? If they're lucky they'll maybe come in slightly ahead in sales vs. production costs on the album.

They'll tour.

Of course it's possible they could scrap the album altogether, which would suck. But if they aren't happy with it 110%, you know they will not release it.

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 30 2010, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (robertjames1971 @ Nov 30 2010, 10:12 AM)
Oh, and allow me to state publicly... I very much doubt the set list will change much, if at all.

Just saying.

2.gif

Agreed. Maybe swap out one song for another, but that's about it.

That's why i'm not too bummed if I miss this leg. If they add something for my area then I will deffinately be there but I don't think i'm gonna travel too far to see the same set with only one or two changes possible.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Mara @ Nov 30 2010, 10:25 AM)
For those of you thinking there will be a Clockwork Angels album with no tour - you're kidding, right? If they're lucky they'll maybe come in slightly ahead in sales vs. production costs on the album.

They'll tour.

Of course it's possible they could scrap the album altogether, which would suck. But if they aren't happy with it 110%, you know they will not release it.

There will be an album. There will be a tour. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Nov 30 2010, 10:58 AM)
I'm dying to know the setlist this time around.

It will be the same. You can now come back to life. atickhum.gif

RIAB says they will be returning in June for more North American dates after visiting Europe. Hmmm, Road trip or hold out and see if they come to Cincinnati. I don't think they've ever passed up Cinti twice in a row and didn't come here last time. Neil even remarked in a book how much they like it here and how they are treated, annnnnd, Mike from the security chief has family here. I thought for sure they would come this spring.

Actually, I am confused on the whole thing of continuing the TMT instead of morphing into the Clockwork Angel tour or something. My understanding was they were going to finish the album this winter and maybe they still will and revamp the setlist more than the anticipated couple songs, but I doubt it.

So, more dates when they come back. I wonder how many? 10? 20? 40?

Hmmm....