Rush Dream Corner!

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#161 HowItIs

HowItIs

Goddess in our Garden

• Members *
  • 6072 posts
  • Interests:Well, Rush of course..... Other Prog bands including Genesis, Yes, ELP. Reading, always reading. Stephen King, Carl Hiaasen, any kind of Non-Fiction and, naturally, Neil's books. Collecting; Fenton glass, Frankoma pottery, Disneyland souvenirs. Movies; we have about 300 DVDs. Word puzzles; crosswords and the like. Politics; I'm a writer for a political blog and a proud Progressive.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Jan 3 2012, 06:45 PM)
Ugh! The last few Rush dreams I've had have been horrible! The first night I had one that Geddy Lee had died. Yeah...I was so glad that wasn't true! What a relief to wake up! But not for long, because the next night I dreamt that Neil was terminally ill and not expected to survive. I feared that Alex would be next, but so far, none about him. So so sad - I don't want to have Rush dreams like this! I have to hope it shows I'm concerned for them...I'm not really worried about them, but maybe I just want them to be all right.

Yes, these are anxiety dreams. I bet you have them about other people you care about. It's normal. Scary, but normal.  eh.gif  

Sponsored Post

#162 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

This one isn't about the band members, but their work was in the dream. Another bad one...my boyfriend and I were at an outdoor event like a RushCon, yet I didn't know any of the Rush fans there. Weird. My boyfriend and I are having a doozy of a disagreement (I don't know about what), and I finally sked him, "Are you breaking up with me"? He said yes. I was so upset that I left and went into a restaurant in the nearby town to drown my sorrows in food. I'd just sat down at a table by myself when The Big Money came over the speakers. Already self-conscious that people were looking at me because I was alone, I could no longer stand it when I started to hear the patrons talk about how much they hated the song (poor Rush sad.gif ), and I left and went back to the convention site. I think my boyfriend was gone, and since I didn't really know anyone there, I didn't really have anyone to talk to, so I packed up my things and left again. I stopped at a car dealership/garage on my way out of town and was talking to the people there about cars (no, not Red Barchettas), and it got awkward when I realized they knew my (now ex-) boyfriend. The dream pretty much ended there...

#163 rushgoddess

rushgoddess

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:reading,baseball,hockey,televison,beer,karaoke,

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

i'll   never forget this dream , even tho it was in 1977 and i was 13.
i was walking thru an elementary schoool in my neighborhood (my brothers school) and i found a joint on the ground and i smoked it. then a limo pulled up and alex jumped out- he called to me and said "C'mon! we have to find Geddy!" insted of jumping in the car we started running thru the streets calling Geddy! We finally got to a store that was called "neil peart's chicken shop." i thought what? A chicken shop? We went in and neil was at the counter cutting up raw whole chickens. I said what are you doing here with this chicken shop? Neil told me , "this isnt real , you smoked that joint didnt you? "I said yes, guiltily"well it was made with rice paper and now you are hallucinating!" but i still wanted to find Geddy, so i ended up back at the school and he was sitting there on the sandbox, i came up to him and said "we've been looking for you" He reached out his hand to me , i reached back and he dissapeared. Then i woke up! 2.gif  wub.gif  

#164 Mamita

Mamita

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hello, NWW! Newbie's back wink.gif
Wow, my first "Rush" dream last night... very strange... I went to my first Rush concert (nope, never been to one yet, believe it or not!)  in -- of all places --Wisconsin (I don't live anywhere near Wisconsin, FTR). I was afraid I'd have to take an airplane or at least a train to the concert venue from my hotel, but oddly enough, it was a short walk away from where I was staying, and I got there early enough to get a great seat & watch the sound-check. (Hey, it's a dream, what can I tell ya) Then all of a sudden Alex is coming over into the audience, wearing a long brown-haired wig that made him look like Janis Joplin (?) I cheered him on and called his name, and he came over, grabbed my hand, and said, "Welcome to your first Rush concert! So glad you could make it!" And I remember thinking, "Wow, I'm having the best time of my life... why'd it take me so long to see these guys live?" Then Alex & the rest of the band took the stage & launched into "Tom Sawyer"
Mind you, I was by myself because (and this is true in real life) I have no friends who are into Rush (including my husband, in fact he doesn't even know how much I love them or he'd make fun of me mercilessly)... so I guess I'm sorta surprised that I even dreamed about them to begin with.
Weird, huh? biggrin.gif

#165 LyndseyG

LyndseyG

The Sphere

• Members *
  • 7717 posts
  • Interests:Reading, movies, knitting, cross stitch, playing my ukulele, the Seattle Seahawks and the New Orleans Saints.

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Ok, after a looong dry spell I finally had another one last night.

I was a a Rush gig, right at the front. Geddy had come on stage and was waiting for the others so he launches into a rocking solo on his bass. Then Geddy has to go find Alex and Neil who've disappeared so he leaves the stage. I started to get a bit worried about where they'd gone so I set off into the town to find them. I did find them but Geddy gets upset with me saying that I'm stalking them! I told him "Actually I went looking for you because we were worried you'd got lost." he backs down a bit, then I woke up.

#166 mstmompj

mstmompj

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, MST3K/Rifftrax, geek humor and snark, dodging my professional responsibilities by goofing off on the internet, learning with my kids, and of course RUSH!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

I dreamt the other night that I took my oldest son to a recording studio and was waiting in my minivan in the parking lot for him to finish whatever and come out.  While I'm waiting, another vehicle pulls up, and who should get out and walk into the studio but Alex Lifeson.  After several more minutes my son comes out and tells me how he got to meet Alex and he was really nice.  Then we leave.

What the heck kind of crap dream is that?     confused13.gif

I spend enough of my life schlepping and waiting for kids as it is, do I have to dream about it too?

#167 Mika

Mika

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1393 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (mstmompj @ Aug 12 2012, 04:38 PM)
I dreamt the other night that I took my oldest son to a recording studio and was waiting in my minivan in the parking lot for him to finish whatever and come out.  While I'm waiting, another vehicle pulls up, and who should get out and walk into the studio but Alex Lifeson.  After several more minutes my son comes out and tells me how he got to meet Alex and he was really nice.  Then we leave.

I spend enough of my life schlepping and waiting for kids as it is, do I have to dream about it too?

laugh.gif Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way of dreams?

I've been meaning to jot this down here: recently, I had this dream about Geddy. Rush was performing a concert, and Geddy was showing off some new move while he was playing bass. If anyone is familiar with the '90s Super Nintendo game 'Street Fighter', Geddy was whipping his leg around like Chun-Li's Lightning Kick. He'd start kicking his leg into a frenzy, until it was a blur of kicks on the stage. It was cool, but in the dream I wondered why he would copy someone else's technique!  tongue.gif  

#168 Animate

Animate

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Interests:Lost Horizons

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (mstmompj @ Aug 12 2012, 04:38 PM)

Too funny!  That really hits home  laugh.gif  

#169 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

I've been dreaming a lot about Rush lately probably since the tour is kicking off soon. Most of my dreams involve me being at a concert with something strange going on; the latest one involved me getting on stage to play Rock Band drums alongside the band (I've been playing a lot of Rock Band lately tongue.gif) and I remember frantically looking around to spot my boyfriend in the crowd, and I could never find him. Also, the Rush concerts in my dreams always seem to take place in a high school auditorium-like setting, and the music being played isn't Rush music, but it always sounds correct in my dreams, if that makes any sense.

#170 Animate

Animate

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Interests:Lost Horizons

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

I have a Rush dream from the other night to share.

In this dream, I was at a house in the woods, it looked like the mountains in Georgia in the fall.  Alex was over to eat dinner, there was another girl also.  She and Alex were in the kitchen.  Get this- instead of staying to help cook, I went  horseback riding all by myself ohmy.gif.  Yeah.... I just left Alex and the other girl back at the house.   angry.gif  while  I rode all alone through the forest.  When the ride was over, instead of going inside, I stayed out side and.....  hosed mud off rubber boots sad.gif  angry.gif .   When I finally went inside, it was clear that Alex had been having a great time.  It was too late for me though. Alex was already leaving and did not even want a photo taken. Then, I started acting like a weird fan,  clamoring for a photo and trying to talk to him but saying stupid things, then he just sort of vanished.   sad.gif  

fists crying.gif  

#171 sassybaskets

sassybaskets

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Oh hello all.  Long time lurker, first time poster, etc. etc. etc.  I thought I'd share a dream I had a couple nights ago.  I dreamt I was the tour manager (or publicist, something like that) for Rush, back in the 80s, c. Permanent Waves, and there was a booking fiasco that resulted in the band and crew having to crash at some random house for a night.  Well, there was only one couch available, and the band, being the gentlemen they are, offered it to me.  So, I go to sleep, unknowing that throughout the course of my career with the band, Alex Lifeson had fallen desperately in love with me.  I woke up (in the dream) to find Lerxst had fallen asleep on the ground next to me, his head in my lap, his hand holding mine.  Suffice to say that there were swoons galore.

And then I woke up from the dream.  Posted Image

Edited by sassybaskets, 08 January 2013 - 02:52 AM.

#172 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42287 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

I better get on the ball with my Rush dreams.

I'll report back when I have one.

#173 rushfanforever!

rushfanforever!

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1566 posts
  • Interests:All things Rush! I like to listen to music, read, watch movies, and have fun.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

View Postsassybaskets, on 07 January 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

Oh hello all.  Long time lurker, first time poster, etc. etc. etc.  I thought I'd share a dream I had a couple nights ago.  I dreamt I was the tour manager (or publicist, something like that) for Rush, back in the 80s, c. Permanent Waves, and there was a booking fiasco that resulted in the band and crew having to crash at some random house for a night.  Well, there was only one couch available, and the band, being the gentlemen they are, offered it to me.  So, I go to sleep, unknowing that throughout the course of my career with the band, Alex Lifeson had fallen desperately in love with me.  I woke up (in the dream) to find Lerxst had fallen asleep on the ground next to me, his head in my lap, his hand holding mine.  Suffice to say that there were swoons galore.

And then I woke up from the dream.  Posted Image

Welcome to TRF!  Don't ya just hate when that happens!!

#174 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42287 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hahaha!  I knew it wouldn't take long for me to dream about them because I can't get them out of my mind!  

However, it was a most disappointing dream.

Can't remember all the details, but we were all staying in a hotel together.  Some of us were down in a big room - for what I don't remember.  All of a sudden, the side door opened and in walked Geddy and Alex.  They sat down at a long table.  I walked over to someone and said "That's Geddy Lee."  

The next thing I knew, Geddy was getting up and he said something that I remembered when I woke up after the dream in the middle of the night but cannot recall now, and then he and Alex walked out.  But I do remember thinking "What an arrogant man!"  

I don't know where my subconscious got that impression about him as I don't think that about him.  I think it could be from the fact that whenever I have seen him interact with a group of people, he seems to always have his arms folded across his chest.

I'll try to do better with my Rush dreams in the future!  ;)

#175 RushFlyer2112

RushFlyer2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Love Rush,Pink Floyd,U2,Coldplay,Genesis love to Read, Listening to Music,
    Touched By An Angel, Roma Downey John Dye Della Resse

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hello,I am new here,but always come to this site so I had 2 dreams:One of the lovely Kyla Weinrib and her dad Geddy at a Baseball game and of Geddy at one of the Rush concert:he just singing a song I cant remember but he came over to our side of the stage and a lot of people huged him and he hugged me!!!! I was like "OMG,I hugged Mr Geddy Lee!!!!" And I woke up

#176 RushFlyer2112

RushFlyer2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Love Rush,Pink Floyd,U2,Coldplay,Genesis love to Read, Listening to Music,

Hello,I am new here,but always come to this site so I had 2 dreams:One of the lovely Kyla Weinrib and her dad Geddy at a Baseball game and of Geddy at one of the Rush concert:he just singing a song I cant remember but he came over to our side of the stage and a lot of people huged him and he hugged me!!!! I was like "OMG,I hugged Mr Geddy Lee!!!!" And I woke up

#177 RushFlyer2112

RushFlyer2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 229 posts

#178 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 34021 posts
  • Interests:The Cure and 80's music

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

I had a dream a while ago I met Neil!!

Here is how the dream started:

I was at a concert(I do not Know which band was playing) and I was looking around(I had some really great seats). When I was looking around, I noticed some one that looked just like Neil Peart was there. I did not realize it was him until the show was over and he was leaving. I was waiting for my mom, so I decided to follow him. When I looked up at him, I realised it was him. I got so happy then. I felt like I wanted to scream. I told him he was one of my idols and that I would love to play drums with him someday. We took a picture together and he gave me one of his books signed. He even gave me his email so that I can contact him if I want to play with him someday! He also told me that Rush was working on a new album, and before I left, he gave me a hug!

Best dream ever!

#179 Verena

Verena

Mood Lifter

• Members *
  • 15612 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

Once I dreamt about a Rush concert. I was on third row in front of Alex. :D

It was at a stadium and I remind the audience spoke English.

I remind fifteen minutes of concert and the guitar/ bass solo. Geddy and Alex interacting without Neil.
It was quite cool. :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users