A MESSAGE FROM THE TRF STAFF

Pags

This is to all members.

CHECK YOUR SIGNATURES, Please. Some of them are huge, and it's unbearable. If your own signature came to mind by now, then we probably mean you.

Please reduce the size of your signatures if they are too large, on your own, so your sig can continue to be of your own creation. If not, we're going in and do it for you by just wiping it out.

As a general tip, if your post were to contain just one line of text - your sig, combined with your post, should end around the place where it says Local Time on the left side of the screen (assuming you have an avatar). If it goes much further than that, you're over doing it and please do something about it.

Another gauge to judge the max size of a sig is the following graphic. Its size is based on the guidelines in the previous paragraph. If the size of your entire sig is bigger than this graphic, whether in height, width, or both -- despite whatever screen resolution your monitor is set at -- then it's too big, and will need to be made smaller.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/TRF%20Sigs/sig_size.gif

There are plenty of ways to reduce the size of pictures or graphics to keep your current content yet keep it to an acceptable limit. OH, and Launchpad would kill me if I don't say this... there are also ways to optimize the file size of the pics in your signature, so they are not each 1, 2, or 3 MB in size. How? I have no idea. laugh.gif But I'm sure most photo-editing programs are equipped with easy to perform steps to do so.

Thanks,

trink39.gif

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 14 2007, 11:13 AM)
To this point, who do you think has the longest sig? Yeah, you heard me, who's the biggest?

Do we need to start a Locker Room forum?

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Excellent post, Pags.

Another concern is width. The majority of people use a desktop PC, and use a screen resolution of 1024x768 (we did a poll a while back). Those who use laptops (or Macs) tend to have a higher screen res. Some of those laptop users will make their sigs as wide as their screen is, thinking it's within the guidelines, which it would be -- on THEIR screen. For the many others viweing that sig on a PC, that extra-width will either create a scroll bar at the bottom (on Internet Explorer) or bump the right-most image down to the next line, making that sig taller (on FireFox).

So, Pags' height suggestion is right on, but also keep the width in mind. To make it easy to visualize, I made a handy-dandy template showing a good sig size. I'll post it in the next post with one line of text. Also, don't think we'll be getting out our micrometers and measuring everybody's sigs, and altering sigs if they're a pixel over the limit. Reasonably close is close enough. cool.gif

THANK YOU!

Can we enforce something about quote trains aswell? Is equally annoying when people keep quoting and quoting until you have a page long post - Theres an option on this kind of forum to only include the last quote when you quote someone thats already quoted (dont quote me on that)

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Dec 14 2007, 11:58 AM)
unsure.gif UH OH 2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
blonde77th, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

If your's is okay, then mine should be too, I guess. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Dec 14 2007, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Dec 14 2007, 11:58 AM)
unsure.gif UH OH 2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):
blonde77th, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

If your's is okay, then mine should be too, I guess. unsure.gif

Are you saying mine is big unsure.gif Tip Toes Out bolt.gif

QUOTE (J0N @ Dec 14 2007, 05:59 PM)
THANK YOU!

Can we enforce something about quote trains aswell? Is equally annoying when people keep quoting and quoting until you have a page long post - Theres an option on this kind of forum to only include the last quote when you quote someone thats already quoted (dont quote me on that)

oh lets not start that again.... unsure.gif

Archived