Musicians-Post Your Original Music

QUOTE (Dr.Gomez @ Jan 13 2006, 11:20 AM)
There seems to be a lot of talented people on this board.

applaudit.gif

yes.gif Indeed there is Dr Gomez. goodpost.gif

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 6 2004, 03:06 PM)
I thought I would start a thread for anyone who wants to post their 'Original Music' for all of us to hear. I think this should be a fun topic for all of us to enjoy. Don't be bashful, let us hear your stuff!!!
I'll start:
My Originals (a few)

I am getting a page not found on this link

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Jan 20 2006, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 6 2004, 03:06 PM)
I thought I would start a thread for anyone who wants to post their 'Original Music' for all of us to hear. I think this should be a fun topic for all of us to enjoy. Don't be bashful, let us hear your stuff!!!
I'll start:
My Originals (a few)

I am getting a page not found on this link

Well look at the date on my original post, Nov 2004. That page is long gone. You can hear some of the same at the new TRF Musicians Page

Located Here

BTW, as soon as more members take advantage of this Free Service, I will really design a serious web page. This is just a trial. wink.gif

QUOTE (tepes22b @ Dec 22 2005, 03:09 PM)
Well, here's some demos that I haven't really decided what I'm going to do with.  They're from the tail end of my harder metal phase, and when I was more a lead guitarist that can play bass.  Now, I am pretty good at both.  Anyway, here's a few selections, but feel free to click on the main artist page to see the rest of what I have.

Black Rain

The Power to End it All

Pariah

Does tepes still post here? Going on four years since I first heard these tracks, I still find myself humming "Black Rain" and "Pariah" on occasion.

QUOTE (physics23 @ Aug 11 2009, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (tepes22b @ Dec 22 2005, 03:09 PM)
Well, here's some demos that I haven't really decided what I'm going to do with.  They're from the tail end of my harder metal phase, and when I was more a lead guitarist that can play bass.  Now, I am pretty good at both.  Anyway, here's a few selections, but feel free to click on the main artist page to see the rest of what I have.

Black Rain

The Power to End it All

Pariah

Does tepes still post here? Going on four years since I first heard these tracks, I still find myself humming "Black Rain" and "Pariah" on occasion.

Hey, good to see you physics! trink39.gif

Not sure how regularly tepes logs in here, but he was here today since you posted this.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 14 2009, 08:15 PM)
http://www.last.fm/music/The+Echo+Hazard/S...+Life+Can+Be%29

This is the first song of the new album I'm working on with my buddy Max.

The album is called "Sky Castle" and is based on a short story Max wrote.

This song is called "Overture (As Simple as Life Can Be)"

I'm digging it. Good use of 7/4 (or 7/8), good synth sounds, and I like when the guitar comes in. I agree that the vocals are too low in the mix.

I do think the intro goes on for a bit too long. The main chord progression is a good one, but you keep repeating it, and IMO the song gets a little repetitive after a while.

And the lack of drums or percussion keeps this track from really taking off (again, IMO). Very few non-acoustic songs can go seven minutes with no drums and keep your full interest -- Pink Floyd's "Welcome To The Machine" being a good example.

Again, those are just opinions. Don't take them as me saying you did it wrong -- there's no such thing as "wrong" in music except for obviously wrong notes, and sometimes wrong notes are right too. wink.gif

Don't take those opinions too harshly. This IS very good work, and you show good prog instincts. trink39.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 20 2009, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 14 2009, 08:15 PM)

I'm digging it. Good use of 7/4 (or 7/8), good synth sounds, and I like when the guitar comes in. I agree that the vocals are too low in the mix.

I do think the intro goes on for a bit too long. The main chord progression is a good one, but you keep repeating it, and IMO the song gets a little repetitive after a while.

And the lack of drums or percussion keeps this track from really taking off (again, IMO). Very few non-acoustic songs can go seven minutes with no drums and keep your full interest -- Pink Floyd's "Welcome To The Machine" being a good example.

Again, those are just opinions. Don't take them as me saying you did it wrong -- there's no such thing as "wrong" in music except for obviously wrong notes, and sometimes wrong notes are right too. wink.gif

Don't take those opinions too harshly. This IS very good work, and you show good prog instincts. trink39.gif

Thanks, 73. This is kinda like a rough draft of the song, pretty much laugh.gif

So I'll definately keep your comments in mind when revising. But yes, I agree with you about the intro being long. I'm also not too great at mixing sad.gif and I found it hard to make all the tracks sound good together. I think a lot of the problem is the distortion I have on the guitar. Very muddy and not clear enough. But that's KORG effects for ya..

I bought a book for the program Im using (Cakewalk Sonar) and its teaching me how to utilize every part of the software; from recording MIDI and audio to the final mix and production. There will definately be a re-make of this song as I haven't even finished writing the album yet laugh.gif

It should sound better when everything's all done though. I'll post. smile.gif

Thanks for the comments, man trink39.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 14 2009, 06:15 PM)

Again, you're really good, man. trink39.gif

here's a band I'm currently playing with... kind of a hard rockin Lenny Kravitz type thing.

www.myspace.com/theseventhhourmusic

click on the reverb nation player. it sounds better than the myspace player.

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 15 2009, 01:15 AM)

Personally I think the vocals need to be a bit louder in the mix, they are drowned out abit.