Musicians-Post Your Original Music

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Nov 29 2005, 12:48 AM)
Well Here's a link to 4 of my originals.

My originals

Enjoy all trink39.gif

Sweet! I like it because theres a lot going on. I love listening to peoples original tunes. Way better than listening to the same 10 songs on the radio all the time. Everything sounds good. The vocals has kind of a Creed thing going on, nice and Bassy.

Good Job man. trink39.gif

Keep on making music, it's something that can never be taken away from you.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 30 2005, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Nov 29 2005, 12:48 AM)
Well Here's a link to 4 of my originals.

My originals

Enjoy all  trink39.gif

Sweet! I like it because theres a lot going on. I love listening to peoples original tunes. Way better than listening to the same 10 songs on the radio all the time. Everything sounds good. The vocals has kind of a Creed thing going on, nice and Bassy.

Good Job man. trink39.gif

Keep on making music, it's something that can never be taken away from you.

trink39.gif Thanks Dude!

here are 2 songs I've been messing about with. They are called Barcelona and Song for Sadie, all instruments are played by me including drums so they are a bit rough round the edges.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=418345

2 other tunes are up there too with more guitar on including solo's but you'll have to endure my vocals!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 30 2005, 02:47 PM)
MMM, those are incredible! But, I couldn't get Beneath to play past the first few seconds.

I'm sorry, what instrument do you play? Are you singing? At any rate, I love it.

On those recordings I'm just singing yes.gif. I wrote them all though. I am playing guitar on Timeout Brother (acoustic). That's weird about not being able to play beneath. hmmmmmmm

1022.gif EXCELLENT 1022.gif

Great voice!
Great lyrics!

trink39.gif

Thank you very much. I'm glad you like em.

Edited by Modest Man From Mandrake

QUOTE (sullysue @ Nov 30 2005, 01:47 PM)
MMM, those are incredible! But, I couldn't get Beneath to play past the first few seconds.

Sometimes with Quicktime files, you have to let them load completely before you can play them. When you don't, they play for a second and stop.

To my ears, the songs have a Papa Roach/Sevendust vibe to them. cool.gif

MMFM, your voice is damn good. I'd love to hear you live, when I'm sure you really let 'er rip. wink.gif

Here's another one of my hack songs. I hope I don't get sued by Rush for sampling a lil piece of Natural Science. I'm sure you all will hear what I'm talkin about. laugh.gif

Past the Sun

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 7 2005, 02:35 AM)
Here's another one of my hack songs. I hope I don't get sued by Rush for sampling a lil piece of Natural Science. I'm sure you all will hear what I'm talkin about. laugh.gif

Past the Sun

Don't take the law into your own hands. Take 'em to...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/d/d8/Dougllewelyn.jpg

Well, here's some demos that I haven't really decided what I'm going to do with. They're from the tail end of my harder metal phase, and when I was more a lead guitarist that can play bass. Now, I am pretty good at both. Anyway, here's a few selections, but feel free to click on the main artist page to see the rest of what I have.

Black Rain

The Power to End it All

Pariah

QUOTE (tepes22b @ Dec 22 2005, 08:09 AM)
Well, here's some demos that I haven't really decided what I'm going to do with.  They're from the tail end of my harder metal phase, and when I was more a lead guitarist that can play bass.  Now, I am pretty good at both.  Anyway, here's a few selections, but feel free to click on the main artist page to see the rest of what I have.

Black Rain

The Power to End it All

Pariah

Very nice. My favorite of the three is the first one. I like the spooky sound. Best part in the second track is definitely in the third minute, when the song gears up for the solo. Great energy right there. Nice melody in the third one too. Even though I'm not into thrash like that anymore, I can definitely appreciate and enjoy, and praise, those tunes. trink38.gif

QUOTE (tepes22b @ Dec 22 2005, 08:09 AM)
Well, here's some demos that I haven't really decided what I'm going to do with. They're from the tail end of my harder metal phase, and when I was more a lead guitarist that can play bass. Now, I am pretty good at both. Anyway, here's a few selections, but feel free to click on the main artist page to see the rest of what I have.

Black Rain

The Power to End it All

Pariah

Sounds nice and thrashy!! Has a Megadeath type feel to it and a dash of early Metallica. Nice work m8.

I will most likely get a 4 track over the Christmas break sooo stay tuned of "Crazy On You" by Heart biggrin.gif I have the acoustic part down. only half of the electric part. drums and bass no problem. biggrin.gif No singing though! laugh.gif I'm not going to butcher a perfect song... biggrin.gif maybe i'll start writing some orignals as well. cool.gif

Thanks physics and Indica, I appreciate the input. I can't wait to write something new, it's been too long.

QUOTE (The Lackey @ Oct 22 2005, 06:46 PM)
I've put up another new song:

http://music.download.com/dollarsign

I think it's pretty "rush"y
some odd time signatures in there

(imagine if I had a good drummer, or singer)

I keep listening to this over and over. I absolutely love it. I love how the music washes over you, lifting you up in waves...

It reminds me of a cross between Yes and Rush. A perfect blend. Very prog. Very awesome!!! I haven't even had a chance to listen to the other stuff yet, as this one has my attention. 1022.gif

The link to my music MySpace is in my sig also.

QUOTE (Melll @ Jan 5 2006, 07:03 AM)
Check my sig for links to my bands myspace, there's music on there.

I've played in many many bands, all different styles, this one is a folk-rock band. Great fun to play at gigs.

Hey man, that's not bad! Some of those lyrics are pretty funny. laugh.gif

QUOTE (DoubleAgent420 @ Jan 5 2006, 12:36 PM)
QUOTE (Melll @ Jan 5 2006, 07:03 AM)
Check my sig for links to my bands myspace, there's music on there.

I've played in many many bands, all different styles, this one is a folk-rock band.  Great fun to play at gigs.

Hey man, that's not bad! Some of those lyrics are pretty funny. laugh.gif

Thanks man! Playing gigs with this band is a blast, and sometimes peoples reactions to the songs are worth doing it alone.

BTW, the second track, I'm the backing vocalist.

Here is a new one I recorded when I got my new axe. I am gonna redo the intro cause I got a new keyboard too.

dial up link

http://www.freewebs.com/nevnet/redshiftsmall.wmv

broadband

http://www.freewebs.com/nevnet/redshiftlarge.wmv

sorry all I have posted are vids but I am gonna post mp3s soon too

ANNOUNCEMENT

For all Musician Members, we have a new place to post your original music. Please see This Thread............. for all the info.

No more ads on other companies crappy servers, just post them right here! wink.gif