Musicians-Post Your Original Music

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Nov 6 2004, 03:06 PM)
I thought I would start a thread for anyone who wants to post their 'Original Music' for all of us to hear. I think this should be a fun topic for all of us to enjoy. Don't be bashful, let us hear your stuff!!!
I'll start:
My Originals (a few)

BTW: If anyone wants to post a song but has nowhere to post it, let me know. I'll put it on my server for you. Or you can use SongRamp.com

Well I have already posted this so I won't again but you can go to the link:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6370

QUOTE (JakeofThePlace @ Jul 3 2005, 11:48 PM)
Impressive.....

No, it's horrible +_+

I've got some reviews, though!! (not all are good <_< )

QUOTE (physics23 @ May 24 2005, 01:14 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 13 2004, 06:38 PM)
Here is a litte piece I put down called "Spanish Blunt"

It's just some acoustic guitar is all.

http://www.songramp.com/view.ez?sampleid=23139

That is really cool, Indica.

Who are your influences?

Alex Lifeson

Jimmy Page

Randy Rhoads

smile.gif

smile.gif trink39.gif nice Indica real mellow great after a hard day trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Oct 23 2005, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 13 2004, 07:38 PM)
Here is a litte piece I put down called "Spanish Blunt"

It's just some acoustic guitar is all.

http://www.songramp.com/view.ez?sampleid=23139

I like this yes.gif

Good title too Indy..Spanish Blunt..nice mellow 'blunt' smoking tune cool10.gif

TY, I'm glad you like it. It's just me having fun recording stuff on the spot. smile.gif

Thanks different strings and Dr. Gomez.

I will post another one tonight but I will warn you that my tunes are all pretty much on the spot and probably sound like nothing you have ever heard LOL.

Here's one I wrote one day, got up out of bed and started recording stuff and this is what I came up with. It's kind of relaxing I guess, and repetitive, the production really blows with clipping and a bad mix but for a 2-3 hour project from start to finish I can't complain, it's not like I spent a lot of time or anything. Oh well, I like it. Definitely not your everyday music, you wont find any of that here.. biggrin.gif

To Liberate

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 27 2005, 12:51 PM)
Here's another one of my tunes I wrote in 1999. This one even has real drums. 1022.gif

Outside

Damn!!! I just put the song on today and it already got 6 reviews and 5 votes, whatever that means.

I had one of my other songs on for a year and it only got 1 review and no votes. I guess the real drums made a lot of difference. No one wants to listen to a drum machine LOL.

Actually "Outside" I had wrote long before I recorded it and the others were stuff I made up on the spot and all first takes so it sounds more like a song if you know what I mean LOL. I just think it's cool I got 5 votes in 1 day, I am guessing that's pretty good? Hell I don't know. I have a few tunes on mp3 but I guess it only lets ya upload 3 songs so I may have to delete one song and add another.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 28 2005, 02:26 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 27 2005, 11:51 AM)
Here's another one of my tunes I wrote in 1999. This one even has real drums.  1022.gif

Outside

That sounds cool! The mellow guitar is kinda Soundgarden-ish, and the heavy guitar is...heavy! It sounds like you tuned the whole guitar down a whole step, correct?

To be honest I tuned the guitar to a chord. The top(low, actually bottom string but I always say top lol) string is tuned down a whole step. I would have to figure out the exact tuning and get back with you. I know it sounds funny but I was messing around with tunings one day and found a cool tuning and wrote that tune. I will figure it out and post it because I am also curious of the tuning, I always tune it by ear to the chord but I never really wrote down the exact tuning so I could remember it but I can figure it out. It's kind of funny I know. I wrote the tune so I should know this already. But I will in a minute and write it down so I will always remember.

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 28 2005, 01:41 AM)
Here's another one of my tunes I wrote in 1999. This one even has real drums.  1022.gif

Outside

That sounds cool! The mellow guitar is kinda Soundgarden-ish, and the heavy guitar is...heavy! It sounds like you tuned the whole guitar down a whole step, correct?

To be honest I tuned the guitar to a chord. The top(low, actually bottom string but I always say top lol) string is tuned down a whole step. I would have to figure out the exact tuning and get back with you. I know it sounds funny but I was messing around with tunings one day and found a cool tuning and wrote that tune. I will figure it out and post it because I am also curious of the tuning, I always tunes it by ear to the chord but I never really wrote down the exact tuning so I could remember it but I can figure it out. It's kind of funny I know. I wrote the tune so I should know this already. But I will in a minute and write it down so I will always remember.

That's probably why it reminded me of Soundgarden. They used weird open tunings a lot. Nice job, Indy! And I liked "To Liberate" also. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 28 2005, 02:41 AM)

Outside

To be honest I tuned the guitar to a chord. The top(low, actually bottom string but I always say top lol) string is tuned down a whole step. I would have to figure out the exact tuning and get back with you. I know it sounds funny but I was messing around with tunings one day and found a cool tuning and wrote that tune. I will figure it out and post it because I am also curious of the tuning, I always tune it by ear to the chord but I never really wrote down the exact tuning so I could remember it but I can figure it out. It's kind of funny I know. I wrote the tune so I should know this already. But I will in a minute and write it down so I will always remember.

OK I got it.

F#

C

F#

D

A

D (LOW E STRING)

OK there is the tuning. The high E string I actually tune up to F#

and the B string I tune up also to a C.

The G string I tune Down a 1/2 step

D string stays the same

So does the A string (STAYS THE SAME)

And the E is dropped to a D

Don't ask me why I did this or how I found this tuning but After playing for so long I got tired of playing in the same tuning all the time LOL. No seriously, it makes me play different things when its in a weird tuning and I play things that I would never play otherwise.

Thanks 1-0-0-1-0-0, I am glad you like it!! I have so many tunes from when I played a lot and sometimes I pull them out and play them and I like some of them too LOL.

If anyone can tell me what chord that is tuned to that would be cool. I could probably figure it out myself but I am too tired for music theory right now.

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 28 2005, 01:52 AM)
F#
C
F#
D
A
D (LOW E STRING)

D string stays the same

So does the A string

That F#-C-F# tuning on the three high strings is pretty bizarre! But if it sounds good, then that's all that matters!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 28 2005, 02:59 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 28 2005, 01:52 AM)
F#
C
F#
D
A
D (LOW E STRING)

D string stays the same

So does the A string

That F#-C-F# tuning on the three high strings is pretty bizarre! But if it sounds good, then that's all that matters!

Yep!!! Just got to be careful not to snap that high E string LOL. Most people go down not up but I must have been loaked at the time. cool10.gif laugh.gif