127 replies to this topic

#121 pjbear05

pjbear05

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 5010 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 22 July 2021 - 05:33 PM

:( The family of FSU football coach Bobby Bowden announced he has a terminal case of pancreatic cancer.  The announcement stated he has "months, not years".

Sponsored Post

#122 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 14990 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 05:39 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 22 July 2021 - 05:33 PM, said:

:( The family of FSU football coach Bobby Bowden announced he has a terminal case of pancreatic cancer.  The announcement stated he has "months, not years".

Yikes. I read earlier that they initially just said it was a "terminal medical condition" but didn't want to say what it was. He was a great coach and from what I understand,
a nice guy too.

#123 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 93860 posts
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 22 July 2021 - 05:42 PM

View Postpjbear05, on 22 July 2021 - 05:33 PM, said:

Saw this...

f**k cancer

#124 driventotheedge

driventotheedge

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 7487 posts
  • Interests:Riding my Harley (2006 Road King)
    Razor clamming
    The Seattle Seahawks

Posted 26 July 2021 - 03:33 PM

Oklahoma and Texas moving to the SEC. I find it rather amusing that Texas thinks they're actually still relevant in competing for a College Football playoff spot but they do bring ratings cuz like their NFL brethren in Dallas, their fans still actually believe they matter.
Anywho, my interest in Collège football continues to wane and this will just add to that feeling.

#125 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 14990 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:17 PM

View Postdriventotheedge, on 26 July 2021 - 03:33 PM, said:

Oklahoma and Texas moving to the SEC. I find it rather amusing that Texas thinks they're actually still relevant in competing for a College Football playoff spot but they do bring ratings cuz like their NFL brethren in Dallas, their fans still actually believe they matter.
Anywho, my interest in Collège football continues to wane and this will just add to that feeling.

The Big "12" can revert back to the Big 8 now.

#126 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

Tin Cup

• Members
  • 4087 posts
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 27 July 2021 - 07:09 AM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 July 2021 - 07:17 PM, said:

Merge with the Pac 12, call it "The Super PAC"? Without Texas and OU, they're cooked, football-wise.  You're an Sooners guy, aren't you? Wanna defend your boys?  (And if you're not, a thousand apologies for the misrepresentation, as I know how awful it would be to be associated with OU mistakenly! :P )

#127 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 93860 posts
  • Interests:marxism, hate, subjugating the individual to the state, the Great Purges, the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, the Great Leap Forward, the New York Times

Posted 03 August 2021 - 04:58 PM

Rumors are that Kansas may be headed to the Big Ten.   Curious as to which of any other would join, assuming they would want an even number.

#128 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 14990 posts

Posted 03 August 2021 - 05:08 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 27 July 2021 - 07:09 AM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 26 July 2021 - 07:17 PM, said:

Merge with the Pac 12, call it "The Super PAC"? Without Texas and OU, they're cooked, football-wise.  You're an Sooners guy, aren't you? Wanna defend your boys?  (And if you're not, a thousand apologies for the misrepresentation, as I know how awful it would be to be associated with OU mistakenly! :P )

You are correct, I am a long-time Sooner fan and will continue that. Decisions made at the school level don't affect me being a fan. I'd guess it's almost all about $$$$ in some way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users