FEAR INOCULUM

custom55

^^^ :notworthy: I got some catching up to do with this one, lol...thanks man, glad you're still doing your thing on here Earl, you and Pat are the kingpins of this place that's for sure. Great post. Abba / Ghost / Tool sounds pretty good to me! I'm never too far away bud, just get caught up with stuff from time to time, always find my way back eventually, bang a boom-a-boomerang! :hail:

Hahaha! Thanks Steve! Love ya brother!

• Like 1

Your Cinderella tour book is still safe with me!

It couldn't have gone to a better place! I haven't heard that debut album for so long, did they ever reissue it? Do you have it?? Sorry dude, derailing this thread, better quit it :16ton:

• Like 1

Your Cinderella tour book is still safe with me!

It couldn't have gone to a better place! I haven't heard that debut album for so long, did they ever reissue it? Do you have it?? Sorry dude, derailing this thread, better quit it :16ton:

Hahaha! it's ok!! 55 is a super cool guy!!

I can stay on topic and talk about Cinderella. "FEAR" just came on my stereo as I am typing this. See? Timing is everything. I listen to FEAR once a night since I've been back from the LA shows.

I wish Mercury did a two cd deluxe version of "Night Songs!" No! But I will tell you a Cinderella secret that many music freaks don't know.

The first Japanese pressing of "Night Songs on cd does contain a rare live bonus track!!!

Cheers!!

Cinderella and TOOL RULE!!!!

Who says that I have a closed mind with music. LOL!!!!

• Like 1

OPETH: Another band I love, and I am so glad they don't do the growl or the cookie monster vocals. They just keep getting better too.

DREAM THEATER: A band that I have ripped on here for years but have always adored up to the "Metropolis" album. Their new album is EPIC. I am seeing them next week in San Jose!!

The new Opeth is really good, probably their best post-growl era albums and perhaps their strongest behind Blackwater Park for me.

It took me a bit to process and revisit, but the new DT might be their best post-Portnoy album. Certainly leaps and bounds better than their last album. There's still moments that sound a bit to much like parts-bin DT, especially vocally, but there's no denying the shit ton of great music.

• Like 1

OPETH: Another band I love, and I am so glad they don't do the growl or the cookie monster vocals. They just keep getting better too.

DREAM THEATER: A band that I have ripped on here for years but have always adored up to the "Metropolis" album. Their new album is EPIC. I am seeing them next week in San Jose!!

The new Opeth is really good, probably their best post-growl era albums and perhaps their strongest behind Blackwater Park for me.

It took me a bit to process and revisit, but the new DT might be their best post-Portnoy album. Certainly leaps and bounds better than their last album. There's still moments that sound a bit to much like parts-bin DT, especially vocally, but there's no denying the shit ton of great music.

Interesting stoopid! I was so excited about the new Opeth. I listened to it for the third time on my way home from LA after the TOOL concerts. I like a lot of it but for some reason I don't care for the production. Unless they wanted that analog feel. I don't know. Seemed very mono to me, which is cool but I expected a much better slick production sample.

The new DT is a masterpiece.

Oh and I love how my opinions do change. I mean Allen, I have told this story many times on here.

When I bought "Appetite For Destruction" on cd I listened to it once and hated it. Thought it was a bunch of posers who will go nowhere.

But then a few months later I bought it again and fell in love with it.

Perhaps I just expect to buy a record and instantly fall for it. It has happened thousands of times in my life.

So that's on me.

Some albums need to grow on you.

So on that note I will tell you this........

"FEAR INOCULUM" is by far the greatest TOOL record ever made so far..............................................................................

PS: I get James LaBrie's vocals today. He is the weakest link in the band. JMO

• Like 1

The song starts out as an ACDC song...This House Is On Fire.

This album is a masterpiece. This album gives hope to a dinosaur human like me. If I was a dinosaur I would be a Raptor. Watch out for me. LOL!

I sure I wrote this on here but I don't go back. I always go forward.

The new TOOL cd has outsold the new TOOLER SWIFT cd! LOL!

• Like 1

He's never been strong at coming up with melodic lines, I believe there's been interviews that suggest Portnoy (and likely Petrucci) used to give him a lot of guidance on note selection and phrasing.

• Like 1

He's never been strong at coming up with melodic lines, I believe there's been interviews that suggest Portnoy (and likely Petrucci) used to give him a lot of guidance on note selection and phrasing.

I would totally agree with you.

His strongest vocals are on "Images" and "Awake." My two favorite DT albums of all time of course.

Stoopid! I am listening to "Rock Bottom" by UFO. It never gets old.

FEAR INOCULUM IS MY "ALBUM OF THE YEAR!"

I would totally agree with you.

His strongest vocals are on "Images" and "Awake." My two favorite DT albums of all time of course.

Stoopid! I am listening to "Rock Bottom" by UFO. It never gets old.

FEAR INOCULUM IS MY "ALBUM OF THE YEAR!"

Under A Glass Moon and Voices are incredible for LaBrie. He's just on fire.

• Like 1

I listened to the title track last night and it's pretty amazing. Great percussion work.

Have you heard all their works? If so how would you rank all of it? I'm so slow on this album, wtf...by this weekend I swear.

I haven't. I'm not much of a fan, so, as someone noted, any redundancy from previous works is lost on me.

Probably a lot like me enjoying Book of Souls. I hadn't listened to post-Beast Maiden much, so it sounded great to my ears.

I haven't. I'm not much of a fan, so, as someone noted, any redundancy from previous works is lost on me.

Probably a lot like me enjoying Book of Souls. I hadn't listened to post-Beast Maiden much, so it sounded great to my ears.

Ignorance is bliss, and I don't mean that as a slight. I'm sure FI would be enjoyable if I never heard any of Tool's prior material.

I love this.

I'll be about his close for the Nov 16 show.

SPOILER ALERT

Enjoy man, can't wait for your review. I doubt I will bother seeing them again. I saw them three times on the Lateralus tour which was a great experience overall.

I love this.

I'll be about his close for the Nov 16 show.

SPOILER ALERT

Enjoy man, can't wait for your review. I doubt I will bother seeing them again. I saw them three times on the Lateralus tour which was a great experience overall.

Thanks !!!

I live 20 minutes from The Prudential Center so I cannot pass on their show. Psyched !!!

• Like 1

WOW!!!!!! That is all I can say. The Tool show last night in Toronto was mind-blowing great!! Maybe the most visually stunning concert I have ever seen - and I have attended hundreds of concerts since the 70's. Just one of the best bands to ever grace this earth. Outstanding musicianship. Danny Carey is the best rock drummer out there. He is incredible. Nothing he does is simple. Enjoy if you are attending this tour. If not, buy a ticket - it is worth every penny.
  • Like 1

WOW!!!!!! That is all I can say. The Tool show last night in Toronto was mind-blowing great!! Maybe the most visually stunning concert I have ever seen - and I have attended hundreds of concerts since the 70's. Just one of the best bands to ever grace this earth. Outstanding musicianship. Danny Carey is the best rock drummer out there. He is incredible. Nothing he does is simple. Enjoy if you are attending this tour. If not, buy a ticket - it is worth every penny.

:ebert:

• Like 1