Entire Eddie Trunk interview with Geddy (1/9/19)

Geddy interviews

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 7723 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:16 PM

Here is the entire Eddie Trunk interview that he did on SiriusXm with Geddy yesterday.  I listened to it this morning and 3 things stood out to me- what do you find interesting?

1.  Geddy is planning more book signing events around the country and possibly in Europe.  Yay! (4:51)
2.  Geddy's BBB book has gone into a 2nd and 3rd printing.  From my experience working in a library for years, this is very unusual for such a limited focus book!  Way to go, Ged!  (4:20)
3.  Neil has been busy working with Olivia, who is learning how to drum!  (Let the speculation begin! :lol:). (15:55)

Edited by blueschica, 10 January 2019 - 01:44 PM.

Sponsored Post

#2 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 46723 posts
  • Interests:R.E.M.,drumming,nothing much else

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:17 PM

Lol is that last one a joke?? (Not in the mood to watch the interview rn)

#3 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 7723 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:25 PM

View PostPermanent-Rush, on 10 January 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

No, Geddy is serious when he says that!  :lol:  I know, it sounds really weird, right?  It sounds like a little bit of a nightmare to me but Olivia is young enough (I think Geddy said 9) that maybe it's a lot of fun for her.  I know that when I was in my teens, though, I HATED learning stuff from my parents.  A girlfriend mostly taught me to drive, and then when I was doing ok I could drive better with my dad.

Edited by blueschica, 10 January 2019 - 01:25 PM.

#4 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 46723 posts
  • Interests:R.E.M.,drumming,nothing much else

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

View Postblueschica, on 10 January 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

No, Geddy is serious when he says that!  :lol:  I know, it sounds really weird, right?  It sounds like a little bit of a nightmare to me but Olivia is young enough (I think Geddy said 9) that maybe it's a lot of fun for her.  I know that when I was in my teens, though, I HATED learning stuff from my parents.  A girlfriend mostly taught me to drive, and then when I was doing ok I could drive better with my dad.

Nice!!

:lol: Nice story too!!

Tbh I hate learning in general unless it's music or the Indonesian language.

#5 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 76330 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Hope Neil hires a tutor if Olivia wants to learn how to write prose.

#6 Catch The Mystery

Catch The Mystery

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:34 PM

Yes!!! Great to hear him talk about possibly doing signings in Europe in this interview as well :7up:  Can't wait for the date(s).
It would be super fun if Alex could join him on this trip to Europe as well :lol:

#7 thizzellewashington

thizzellewashington

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

That's really cool that Neil is teaching his daughter how to play. What a great way for him to stay engaged with the instrument if he felt he had personally already accomplished everything he could with it by the time his career was over.

Also great news that Geddy is planning more signings around the country. Hopefully some west coast dates soon. I've held off on buying the book in hopes he'll do a signing near me.

#8 Verena

Verena

Mood Lifter

• Members *
  • 16255 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

View Postblueschica, on 10 January 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Here is the entire Eddie Trunk interview that he did on SiriusXm with Geddy yesterday.  I listened to it this morning and 3 things stood out to me- what do you find interesting?

1.  Geddy is planning more book signing events around the country and possibly in Europe.  Yay! (4:51)
2.  Geddy's BBB book has gone into a 2nd and 3rd printing.  From my experience working in a library for years, this is very unusual for such a limited focus book!  Way to go, Ged!  (4:20)
3.  Neil has been busy working with Olivia, who is learning how to drum!  (Let the speculation begin! :lol:). (15:55)

Amazing and cute news.   :cheers:

#9 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 61823 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 10 January 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

:lol:

#10 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 76330 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

View Postgoose, on 11 January 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 10 January 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

:lol:
Teacher:  "your next assignment is to draw a landscape scene and write 100 words describing it."

Two days later: teacher walks in, hunched over, eyes glazed over:   "Olivia, I said 100 words, not 100,000."

#11 TexMike

TexMike

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1406 posts
  • Interests:Music, photography, travel

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:26 PM

View Postblueschica, on 10 January 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

Maybe he's training her to be his replacement and we can look forward to a new Rush tour around 2025!  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users