Saving 100's of Children's Lives With A Simple Phone Call

Principled Man

A mother of three gets a menacing, racist message on Facebook from some creep showing a gun. She and her friends find out who he is, then she reports him to the police.

Local and state police followed the mom’s tip, and on Thursday, officers drove to the home of a 20-year-old man named Dylan Jarrell, just as he was leaving his house with more than 200 rounds of ammunition, a bulletproof vest, a firearm, a 100-round high-capacity magazine, and a “detailed plan of attack.” He was headed toward two school districts in Anderson County and Shelby County, the Kentucky State Police said in a press conference Friday.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mom-gut-feeling-stops-school-shooter-planned-attack-231253510.html

• Like 5

Very well done Mrs Bull .. and great job by the cops, taking it seriously and following up ...

People gives clues all the time on the 'net ... never being one to brush something off or not want to get involved, I'd have done the same

• Like 3

My mom and I saw this on the news-this woman was awesome. And I agree with Lucas, it's great that the police followed up.

It still upsets me, but I had an appt.at the high school vice principal's (of course vice, enough said) office on 9/11/01 in the morning. I went in and tried to tell him the news and got, "Now, mom, let's not spread wild rumors. " Still pisses me off.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

My mom and I saw this on the news-this woman was awesome. And I agree with Lucas, it's great that the police followed up.

It still upsets me, but I had an appt.at the high school vice principal's (of course vice, enough said) office on 9/11/01 in the morning. I went in and tried to tell him the news and got, "Now, mom, let's not spread wild rumors. " Still pisses me off.

Crazy. Even crazier? I have a coworker whose daughter was born between the two tower hits.

• Like 2