Harry Anderson (1952 – 2018) Comic, Magician and Night Court Judge!

Principled Man

RIP

I wonder if he was sick. 65 is still a bit young to pass away. He was great in Night Court. Loved that show. The whole cast was great but without him in the lead role I don't think the show would have ended up as good as it did.

• Like 1

We have recently dropped cable and have been using an OTA antenna in part of the house. It picks up several nostalgia channels such as COZI and Laff. All of which is my longwinded way of saying that last week I noticed Night Court was on in the afternoons and have seen a few, two just today. It's still amazingly funny and really well written!

RIP, Harry Anderson. :rose: You'll be remembered fondly.

• Like 2

A look into the childhood that shaped him...

"Even Harry the Hat echoed Mr. Anderson’s real life. In 1985, he told People magazine that he used to run a classic street hustle, the shell game, in San Francisco, where, at 21 years old, he had his jaw broken by an opponent who was livid at the game’s outcome.

Mr. Anderson, one of three children, was born on Oct. 14, 1952, in Newport, R.I., and spent much of his childhood on the move, often performing on the streets for money, he told People. By 16, he had lived in many cities including Chicago, New York, St. Louis and New Orleans. He landed in California at 16 years old and from there found success as a comic magician, which opened the door to his acting career.

About his mother, he said to People: “She was a hustler, yeah. She did a lot of things. We moved around a lot, and she had a lot of men friends.”

His childhood, though, was not bad, he said, adding that his dubious background should not be viewed any differently from his mother’s. “I respect my mother; she was very concerned with taking care of us,” he said. “She did what needed to be done to try to keep us together. People find my criminal days amusing, but they find her background shocking. I don’t draw any line.”

From: https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/obituaries/harry-anderson-dead-night-court.amp.html

Edited by goose
  • Like 2