Ghost release new single: Rats!

jamie

They dismissed the case in court. The four suing were also ordered to pay Tobias's legal fees. If there was any shady tactics from Tobias there obviously was no sufficient proof.

I didn't know that. I recently read an interview with Martin Persner where he said some similar things about Mr. Forge. So that whole thing has some negative connotation.

http://www.blabbermo...orge-dismissed/

The four plan to appeal. Not sure how far they will get with the initial case being dismissed already.

Thanks for posting. I'm curious to see what happens next.

They dismissed the case in court. The four suing were also ordered to pay Tobias's legal fees. If there was any shady tactics from Tobias there obviously was no sufficient proof.

I didn't know that. I recently read an interview with Martin Persner where he said some similar things about Mr. Forge. So that whole thing has some negative connotation.

http://www.blabbermo...orge-dismissed/

The four plan to appeal. Not sure how far they will get with the initial case being dismissed already.

Thanks for posting. I'm curious to see what happens next.

Either they misunderstood what they were hired for or Tobias did in fact screw them. Tobias is really the only one who knows for sure.

• Like 1

OMEGA got fuckked. Not sure about the other ghouls.

Tobias should end this shit pronto. He's a millionaire now.

Pay it and move on.

"Prime Mover"

LOL

Tobias may be a millionaire now but most of that money is probably tied up in running the business side of Ghost and the current tour which no doubt isn't cheap. Paying the former band mates is probably an expense that would hurt him financially right now. If there's no legal proof that Tobias had any sort of agreement with them then he doesn't owe them anything.

• Like 1

Any chance the lawsuit thing is a PR stunt?

For the guys suing possibly. This is the only way for people to finally know who they are. That way if they do something else in music people will know their name and might be interested.

Tobias has zero reason to pull a stunt like this. He doesn't come out looking too good if anyone thinks there's any merit to the lawsuit.

Pay it and move on.

"Prime Mover"

LOL

Tobias may be a millionaire now but most of that money is probably tied up in running the business side of Ghost and the current tour which no doubt isn't cheap. Paying the former band mates is probably an expense that would hurt him financially right now. If there's no legal proof that Tobias had any sort of agreement with them then he doesn't owe them anything.

Excellent point J.

I agree.

I seeing Ghost three times in four days next week.

I might blow off LA, but man, the last time I was there was for the last RUSH show.

I told Tobias to his face in 2015 in Reno that Ghost is my new RUSH. He bowed to me and shook my hand in utter flattery.

So it's kind of fitting to be at the LA Forum for Ghost.

I know they have sold out, but I still love them.

"It is what it is and whatever. It is what it is...... forever"

Pay it and move on.

"Prime Mover"

LOL

Excellent point J.

I agree.

I might blow off LA, but man, the last time I was there was for the last RUSH show.

I told Tobias to his face in 2015 in Reno that Ghost is my new RUSH. He bowed to me and shook my hand in utter flattery.

Sold out? Erm...their music, style, songwriting and image have barely changed, just improved and gradually expanded as the band became more successful.

Prequelle may be a lighter album than what came before, but it is still unmistakably Ghost, had a huge challenge coming straight after the phenomenal Meliora, and it hardly sounds like top 40 music.

Sold out?

I think you just dislike a band making a name. You complain rock is dead and not what it was, and then you kind of insult a band you love by saying "they sold out but I love them". They could have released Reign In Blood to huge mainstream success and you'd still say "yeah they sold out after Meliora".

• Like 1

Pay it and move on.

"Prime Mover"

LOL

Excellent point J.

I agree.

Sold out? Erm...their music, style, songwriting and image have barely changed, just improved and gradually expanded as the band became more successful.

Prequelle may be a lighter album than what came before, but it is still unmistakably Ghost, had a huge challenge coming straight after the phenomenal Meliora, and it hardly sounds like top 40 music.

Sold out?

I think you just dislike a band making a name. You complain rock is dead and not what it was, and then you kind of insult a band you love by saying "they sold out but I love them". They could have released Reign In Blood to huge mainstream success and you'd still say "yeah they sold out after Meliora".

Dance Macabre is a very pop sounding song to me. God that song is garbage. Tobias should be ashamed of himself for that embarrassing composition.

They didn't sell out though. I've told Earl the same things you just said a number of times over the years as the band got more popular but he doesn't listen.

He just hates that other people now know a band he once considered his band because he saw them play a club on their first US tour. Now that he can't see them play some dive in front of 12 people he thinks they sold out. The truth is Ghost was pretty popular right away and the small venues they booked here in the beginning weren't even big enough for them.

Ghost's sound overall hasn't changed much. The pop hooks have always been there. They've expanded their sound a little to gain a wider audience as they've gotten more popular. But there aren't too many bands out there that didn't do that when they started getting more well known. Even with the small change, everything on Prequelle is unquestionably Ghost. Except Dance Macabre. That song is the drizzling shits.

Ok, Dance Macabre does sound like Ghost but the song still makes me want to stick a couple of freshly sharpened pencils in my ears lol.

Pay it and move on.

"Prime Mover"

LOL

Excellent point J.

I agree.

Sold out?

Dance Macabre is a very pop sounding song to me. God that song is garbage. Tobias should be ashamed of himself for that embarrassing composition.

They didn't sell out though. I've told Earl the same things you just said a number of times over the years as the band got more popular but he doesn't listen.

He just hates that other people now know a band he once considered his band because he saw them play a club on their first US tour. Now that he can't see them play some dive in front of 12 people he thinks they sold out. The truth is Ghost was pretty popular right away and the small venues they booked here in the beginning weren't even big enough for them.

Ghost's sound overall hasn't changed much. The pop hooks have always been there. They've expanded their sound a little to gain a wider audience as they've gotten more popular. But there aren't too many bands out there that didn't do that when they started getting more well known. Even with the small change, everything on Prequelle is unquestionably Ghost. Except Dance Macabre. That song is the drizzling shits.

Ok, Dance Macabre does sound like Ghost but the song still makes me want to stick a couple of freshly sharpened pencils in my ears lol.

I like Dance Macabre but it is a very slight song. It's fun at parties. I know I selected it for that purpose haha

But yeah...writing a bad or light song does not equate to selling out.

Pay it and move on.

"Prime Mover"

LOL

Excellent point J.

I agree.

Sold out?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I love the way you try to think for me Michael. You are priceless and precious.

Never change.

I never will!

Been following this band since the first album thanks to Pat.

Yes, I thought GHOST was my little secret for years. I even tried to get into see them at the Bottom Of The Hill in SF on their first tour. Couldn't get in.

Tried to get into the Roxy for the secret show.

Too late.

But I have a shirt.

You have no idea about me.

"Sell out?" Hell yes.

They sold out Sacramento last night. 3500 wild fans! PACKED!

I was there.

Supporting a band I have loved since the beginning.

Does it bother me that they are rock stars now? Yeah, I was a bit bored last night, but as I promised Tobias in Reno back in 2015, I will travel to see your band. RUSH is retired.

So, it is what it is Michael.... whatever.

Don't judge me.

I can bitch about a band that had evolved to the "Limelight." I still adore them.

FUCKK IT!

You have no clue.

Do you know that I have the same first and last name as the GHOST merch guy?

EARL .......

I was told not to put my last name on social media here but I did it anyway.

The Ghost Merch guy is my brother from another mother. Same fuckingg first and last name.

I've known him for years.

He first pumped me last night and said.... "see you in a few days my brother Earl."

Connections. Fate. Destiny. Pure luck......

Whatever.

I still support my band despite how I feel about them now.

I always knew in my heart they would become HUGE! DUH!

I will be in San Jose tomorrow night.

I met an amazing woman along the way who is going to join for for the trip.

Then I am driving her down to Los Angeles for the LA Forum show.

Don't you love luck or fate? I met this wonderful woman randomly at the Scorpions concert at South Shore with my parents! She was tall, blonde and wearing a GHOST hat.

BOOM!

We instantly connected.

She's an LA Woman actually. I spent Halloween with her in Hollywood. I took her to see John Carpenter Live! Of course she wore her GHOST cap.

I had the night of my life.

We are just friends.

She's amazing.

So anyway, Earl the Ghost Merch guy told me that something VERY BIG is going to happen at the LA FORUM!

A BIG SURPRISE!

I hope Earl is telling the truth! Well I trust him, we have the same name and he has been running the GHOST Merch Booth for 8 years.

I'm hoping Alice Cooper comes out on stage and sings RITUAL with Tobias.

Dave Grohl on drums again under the GHOUL MASK???

King Diamond coming out to sing YEAR ZERO????

YYNOT???? LOL!!!

FUKK IT!

Live your lives kids. Don't judge mine.

I'm good and living for me.

I hope you all find love and happiness.

I'm on my own path.

It's ROCK AND ROLL!

Some of you Rush Fruits who hate me still may think I'm a drug addict drunk, but I've actually been jamming with my 21 year old nephew. We have a record coming out.

Yep!

A cheap plug on a public forum. I know there are a lot of musicians on here who love to pimp and pump their own stuff on here. Their own bands and albums.

Well, I don't want a thing from you.

I'm doing everything with my awesome nephew for FREE!

We have a four track cd ep recorded.

He has 5 acoustic songs too on the same record.

We are called THE COLOR SIX.

I love it.

We aren't prog but we are ROCK, POP, 60's HEAVY SHIT! Donovan meets The Doors meets Pearl Jam meets RUSH meets Jimi meets 20fukking18!

We have our first gig in Jack London Square on November 25th.

We have no bass player yet so we will do our best White Stripes take. However, I will not be like Mrs. White. I will do my best Neil Peart impersonation. LOL!!!

Got to fill up the room baby.

RUSH ON!

Whether people like 'Dance Macabre' or not, Forge was already writing poppy/catchy songs well before that. It's cute that some people think Ghost weren't an accessible band right from the beginning.

This. Mainstream rock and metal magazines in the UK have been singing their praises loudly since the debut. I knew of them before I joined this forum.

Whether people like 'Dance Macabre' or not, Forge was already writing poppy/catchy songs well before that. It's cute that some people think Ghost weren't an accessible band right from the beginning.

The only thing that stopped them at the start from being as big as they are now were the Satan themed lyrics on the first two albums. Tobias didn't even try to hide it. Once he started being less obvious about the devil in his lyrics with Meliora look what happened. They took off in no time. I've been a fan since the first album and they've always created a huge buzz with everything they've released.

Unfortunately for Earl he got the wrong impression about them at first. They were never an underground secret or "his" little band on the club seen. They were always popular and destined to be huge which is what has happened now.

The only thing that stopped them at the start from being as big as they are now were the Satan themed lyrics on the first two albums. Tobias didn't even try to hide it. Once he started being less obvious about the devil in his lyrics with Meliora look what happened. They took off in no time. I've been a fan since the first album and they've always created a huge buzz with everything they've released.

Unfortunately for Earl he got the wrong impression about them at first. They were never an underground secret or "his" little band on the club seen. They were always popular and destined to be huge which is what has happened now.

Bless haha

Yep.

I thought GHOST was Pat and mine little secret.

However I did try to get into the Bottom Of The Hill to see them. It's like GHOST playing inside your house.

I'm bummed I missed it but that's life.

I always knew they would be HUGE.

Last night was proof. The LA Forum was packed with ghouls and ghosts from all around the world.

The pyro they added to this arena show was well, quite spooktacular.

I may get grumpy that they are more commercial now but good for them. I will always travel and support GHOST regardless. Also it's cool that I am friends with the main Ghost merch guy. Yes, I have said it before. We have the same first and last name. Spelled the same way. My 21 year old daughter Zoe called my on my cell by pure luck that it was at intermission. I handed the phone to Earl and he hated with my kid.

CLASSIC!!!!

I'm thinking about booking my trip to Ireland finally. Metallica and GHOST on June 8th! They are playing in a castle. It must be done.

• Like 2

Compare that to the energy of this performance at the Knitting Factory, Reno, 2015 (sound quality sucks, but...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TgliphA54M

Or this, from Boise 2015...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXY6acxN-WE

Or from Helsinki, 2015...

Edited by goose
  • Like 1