I rewatched the original last night, the director's cut (not sure how it varies from theatrical release) and it's amazing how little screen time the xenomorph gets...the power of the film is the atmosphere and set design. 90% of the movie is in the Nostromo with its tight walls and low ceilings...very claustrophobic. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide from the creature. More psychological terror than pure horror...monster could have easily been Michael Meyers, other than setting those movies aren't all that different.

What's interesting and was lost on me originally was how much Ash and Weyland Corp. already knew about the Xenomorph though Ripley did make a passing comment that the company probably wanted it for its weapons division.

The chest bursting scene is still pretty damn brutal.

• Like 2

Saw it today. Actually prefer Prometheus. To put into context, the original Alien is my favorite movie of all time.

at the end of ALIEN,when her log is being read,alwats thought hey could have said,this is ripley,believe it or not. i like aliens is better cause james cameron is a better director in scy fy movies than just about anybody.

at the end of ALIEN,when her log is being read,alwats thought hey could have said,this is ripley,believe it or not. i like aliens is better cause james cameron is a better director in scy fy movies than just about anybody.

I really liked Aliens but it had none of the horror or claustrophobia that made Alien so great.

IMHO, Alien was horror/sci-fi whereas Aliens was sci-fi/action. I prefer the former.

Bishop was cool but Ash was one creepy sumbitch.

Oh, any kind of gag line like "Ripley, believe it or not" ONLY could've worked if said sarcastically by Hudson in Aliens. :yes:

Saw it today. Actually prefer Prometheus. To put into context, the original Alien is my favorite movie of all time.

Alien is my favorite of the series.

I haven't seen Covenant yet but I disliked Prometheus.

Saw it yesterday. Beautiful looking film but the humans were dumbasses just like in Prometheus.

Saw it yesterday. Beautiful looking film but the humans were dumbasses just like in Prometheus.

That's the biggest complaint I've heard about the movie. That and the CGI being too obvious.

I just saw the film today and i LOVED IT!!! None of the sequels or prequels will tough the first "Alien" however "Covenant" is my top two ALIEN film!! Blows Aliens and Alien 3 away.