Jump to content


Describe The Dream You Last Had


  • Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 Brucey

Brucey

    Babycat's Nemesis

  • Members *
  • 8918 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 October 2016 - 01:42 PM

Shit I can't remember, it was really good though, I was annoyed when I woke up, tried desperately to get in the dream again.

Sponsored Post

#42 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99566 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:11 PM

View PostThat One Guy, on 16 October 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

Dreamt I had an incredible winter vacation, full of new locations, new faces, and one familiar one :)

In other news I have a winter vacation on the horizon

Were they all faces you recognized outside of dreamland? There's a factoid I've seen around which says that you can't dream of faces you've never seen before, and I'm not sure I buy that, but I can't disprove it through my own experience.

I've read some arguments around the web and when people claim that they have dreamed about unknown faces, a common refutation is that "yeah but these faces are very vague an low on detail" -- maybe that's just the dreamer not being able to recall the face well through memory.
When I recall dreams the three things I remember most are the story-lines, emotions, and dialogue. The images are always vague unless they were frightening, I re-imagine the scary shit pretty vividly :D

#43 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99566 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostBrucey, on 16 October 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Shit I can't remember, it was really good though, I was annoyed when I woke up, tried desperately to get in the dream again.

That's been happening to me every night since I last reported a dream in here. I might go for the dream journaling approach and see if it works for me, I've never tried it. I find that the best way for me to remember a dream is to simply not oversleep - and I've been sleeping in a lot lately...

#44 Brucey

Brucey

    Babycat's Nemesis

  • Members *
  • 8918 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 October 2016 - 02:40 PM

View PostMr. Not, on 16 October 2016 - 02:14 PM, said:

View PostBrucey, on 16 October 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

Shit I can't remember, it was really good though, I was annoyed when I woke up, tried desperately to get in the dream again.

That's been happening to me every night since I last reported a dream in here. I might go for the dream journaling approach and see if it works for me, I've never tried it. I find that the best way for me to remember a dream is to simply not oversleep - and I've been sleeping in a lot lately...

Yes I might do that too. My dreams are awesome and I'm sure all of you desperately want to know about them. :-)

#45 That One Guy

That One Guy

    Straight Outta Sunnyvale

  • Members *
  • 21698 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Utah
  • Interests:Buyin' a Jeep Wrangler, getting that 5th Utah national park in, going to Scotland, returning to Canada, Devin Townsend, doin' good

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:08 PM

View PostMr. Not, on 16 October 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

View PostThat One Guy, on 16 October 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

Dreamt I had an incredible winter vacation, full of new locations, new faces, and one familiar one :)

In other news I have a winter vacation on the horizon

Were they all faces you recognized outside of dreamland? There's a factoid I've seen around which says that you can't dream of faces you've never seen before, and I'm not sure I buy that, but I can't disprove it through my own experience.

I've read some arguments around the web and when people claim that they have dreamed about unknown faces, a common refutation is that "yeah but these faces are very vague an low on detail" -- maybe that's just the dreamer not being able to recall the face well through memory.
When I recall dreams the three things I remember most are the story-lines, emotions, and dialogue. The images are always vague unless they were frightening, I re-imagine the scary shit pretty vividly :D
I've known of and thought of that exact potential fact before. I've tried to remember faces in a dream and wonder I created them

#46 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42287 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:38 PM

Something about a bakery that was going out of business that had a great name that I remembered when i got up but forgot now - Sweet somethingorother.

#47 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:47 PM

A couple of dreams...

(1) I was in a zombie apocalypse scenario (of course) and holed up in a mansion. I had fortified it pretty well and by the time the zombies rocked up I wasn't all that scared.

(2) Some movie trailer starring this smart looking Latino chick that looked like a younger version of Halle Berry. Her name was ((and I wrote it down immediately when I woke up)) Mylie Logue. WTF?!! Who?!!! :lol:

#48 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:01 PM

I was adjusting a high jump bar for a local competition. That is all.

Should look that meaning up but I've never had any interest in the sport so I think I can assume what it means.

#49 Verena

Verena

    Mood Lifter

  • Members *
  • 15618 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Six Stars Of The Northern Cross

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:25 AM

I usually dream a lot and remember. My dreams are adventurous in a good way.
Or a connected to some daily activity or places my mind creates to visit.
There was a time I dreamt a lot about animals, the wood and the sea.

My artworks always has been about dreams I had + nature landscapes I see on my path, going somewhere far.


I'm not reminding my dreams lately.
Sometimes I have this 'stop' mode.


#50 Verena

Verena

    Mood Lifter

  • Members *
  • 15618 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Six Stars Of The Northern Cross

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:28 AM

View PostLorraine, on 13 October 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

I asked this once before on here a few years ago and I'm asking again.

Can anyone else here fly in their dreams?
:yes:
I do, I do, I do!
Sometimes I dream I'm flying or floating.  :)


#51 Verena

Verena

    Mood Lifter

  • Members *
  • 15618 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Six Stars Of The Northern Cross

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:34 AM

View PostLucas, on 19 September 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

I used to keep a notebook near my bed so I could write the dreams down - sometimes I'd wake up a few hours into sleep, and then fall back to sleep and not remember the dream, so I started writing them down ..

I should do that again

We'll keep this thread going
I used to take few notes about my dreams, only main tips.
Then, dreams gone away or I couldn't remember my dreams.

When I stopped taking notes, they came back and I could remember again, minutes or hours after my awakening.

Edited by rhyv, 19 October 2016 - 12:35 AM.


#52 Disembodied Spirit

Disembodied Spirit

    Big Hat Funny!

  • Members
  • 3419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Interests:Turned down the role of Billy Hicks in 'St. Elmo's Fire' Worked at WorldCom, Enron and AIG before realizing work is dumb. Once asked Sarah McLachlan out on a date, and was promptly turned down.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:46 AM



#53 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 19 October 2016 - 01:22 AM

View PostDisembodied Spirit, on 19 October 2016 - 12:46 AM, said:


"Kent! Wake up Kent!"

Great movie.

#54 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53799 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:06 PM

I had a dream a couple of nights ago that I was being dressed as Rick Nielsen to be one of several stand-ins for a Cheap Trick concert...kind if like AC/DC did for Who Made,Who.  I knew it was a dream at the time, which made it fun.  Picking out my guitar was a challenge...

#55 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:59 PM

I keep forgetting the bulk of mine exactly after I wake up....
Posted Image

#56 MMCXII

MMCXII

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6199 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Edmonton Alberta
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:29 PM

Had a realistic dream that I was watching the news and they reported that the government disclosed the existence of UFOs, Michelle Obama became president and Dolly Parton died.. weird.

#57 Verena

Verena

    Mood Lifter

  • Members *
  • 15618 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Six Stars Of The Northern Cross

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:16 PM

View PostMMCXII, on 20 October 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

Had a realistic dream that I was watching the news and they reported that the government disclosed the existence of UFOs, Michelle Obama became president and Dolly Parton died.. weird.
O__O

#58 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:19 PM

View Postrhyv, on 20 October 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

View PostMMCXII, on 20 October 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

Had a realistic dream that I was watching the news and they reported that the government disclosed the existence of UFOs, Michelle Obama became president and Dolly Parton died.. weird.
O__O
2 of those will never happen

#59 MMCXII

MMCXII

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6199 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Edmonton Alberta
  • Interests:Playing drums, creating art, building hot rods, sacred geometry and spirituality, Metal detecting, mountain biking, camping/canoeing, off roading, motorcycles.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:31 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 20 October 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

View Postrhyv, on 20 October 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

View PostMMCXII, on 20 October 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

Had a realistic dream that I was watching the news and they reported that the government disclosed the existence of UFOs, Michelle Obama became president and Dolly Parton died.. weird.
O__O
2 of those will never happen

The right boob will never die, neither will the left.. ;)

Edited by MMCXII, 20 October 2016 - 11:31 PM.


#60 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

    OrneryGRUMPYfan

  • Members *
  • 6473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SE Michigan, Saline [suh-LEEN]
  • Interests:MUSIC, The Outdoors, Disc Golf, having fun.

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 20 October 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

View Postrhyv, on 20 October 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

View PostMMCXII, on 20 October 2016 - 09:29 PM, said:

Had a realistic dream that I was watching the news and they reported that the government disclosed the existence of UFOs, Michelle Obama became president and Dolly Parton died.. weird.
O__O
2 of those will never happen

You DON'T KNOW that.  Is that your BEST TRUMP impression?Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users